• Hi Guest, The forum will be moving hosts on 26 July and as such will be closed from Midday until the move has completed.
    As we will be with new hosts it may take a while before DNS get updated so it could take while before you can get back on the forum.
    I think it will take at least 4 hours but could easily be 48!
    Ark Royal
  • There seems to be a problem with some alerts not being emailed to members. I have told the hosts and they are investigating.
  • Sorry for the ongoing issues that you may have been experiencing whilst using the forum lately

It really is frustrating when the forum slows down or Server Error 500 pops up.

Apparently the hosts acknowledge there is a problem.
    Thank you for using our services and sorry for the experienced delay!
    Unfortunately, these errors are due to a higher server load. Our senior department knows about the issue and they are working towards a permanent resolution of the issue, however, I'd advise you to consider using our new cPanel cloud solutions: https://www.tsohost.com/web-hosting

I will have to investigate what the differences are with what We have know compared to the alternative service they want us to migrate to.
    Keep safe.
    AR

Today's bets

primrose4

Yearling
It looks like I am having a rest at the moment from actually backing anything.
Two horses at Wetherby caught my eye last night.

4.10 Alamzhar Garde

Since there are 13 runners in this race some generous bookmakers are offering
1/5th the odds for the first 4 places. The problem is that the horse is only 5 years
old and Wetherby is a tough jumping track. One bad error can often scupper a
horse's chances at this venue. Alamzhar Garde looks a horse full of promise and
hopefully will be going into a number of notebooks after today.

4.45 Mr Scrimpy

I was very surprised that 6/1 of the 9 runners was freely available last night about
this good sort. As always the 6/1 did not last long and a while ago Mr Scrimpy had
come into 9/2 favourite. Ultra consistent and should run its race.

A word of caution here. Both horses are having their first runs of the season and
are running against some horse that are race fit .

primrose4

Yearling
The final race at Gowran Park, the 5.05, appears a very interesting one.
I believe that the 15/2 available about Evening Primrose offers
excellent e.w. value especially with a non-runner or two.
In its last race Evening Primrose broke its seasonal duck winning well. As with
today the horse was only moderately fancied going off as the 5th favourite of 12
runners. The ground is reported as being heavy (hence the increasing number
of non-runners at the meeting) which should in no way hamper the selection.

Seanie Heffernan retains the ride after winning on Evening Primrose which was his
first ride on the horse. Of great significance is that the horse has been tried, and
failed, at some of the top Irish racing tracks such as Leopardstown and The Curragh.
Also in the horse's favour is that it is the highest rated of the four three year olds
partaking in the race.

Of the opposition Swift Verdict could be anything on this heavy going but odds of
13/8 give no room for manoeuvre. On a speed basis at Thurles Snegwichka is clearly
held. The horses beaten last time by Dawn Over Owning at Killarney were a poor lot.