• Hi Guest, The forum will be moving hosts on 26 July and as such will be closed from Midday until the move has completed.
    As we will be with new hosts it may take a while before DNS get updated so it could take while before you can get back on the forum.
    I think it will take at least 4 hours but could easily be 48!
    Ark Royal
  • There seems to be a problem with some alerts not being emailed to members. I have told the hosts and they are investigating.
  • Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a 20% discount on Inform Racing.
    Simply enter the coupon code ukbettingform when subscribing here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Inform Racing so help is always available if needed.
    Best Wishes
    AR
  • Sorry for the ongoing issues that you may have been experiencing whilst using the forum lately

It really is frustrating when the forum slows down or Server Error 500 pops up.

Apparently the hosts acknowledge there is a problem.
    Thank you for using our services and sorry for the experienced delay!
    Unfortunately, these errors are due to a higher server load. Our senior department knows about the issue and they are working towards a permanent resolution of the issue, however, I'd advise you to consider using our new cPanel cloud solutions: https://www.tsohost.com/web-hosting

I will have to investigate what the differences are with what We have know compared to the alternative service they want us to migrate to.
    Keep safe.
    AR
  • Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a free 7 day trial of Horseracebase here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Horseracebase so help is always available if needed, as well as dedicated section of the fourm here.
    Best Wishes
    AR

Hong Kong Speed Figures

The Hare The Hare Amazing dedication and patience from you in this thread. When lockdown started I downloaded a couple of years worth of Hong Kong results but made little progress mainly because I was clueless in my endeavours.

Now with the help of several posters I am feeling as if my GB/Ire AW ratings are making steady progress. Once I am in a good place with them I will definitely have another look.

I also devised a sheet that would give the sectional times for HK as well, I'm up for trying to make use of those as well but the official website splits the final half mile into 440 yard rather than individual furlongs which is a shame. It was a lot of copying and pasting but I do have some decent data which I can return to.

The Hare

Filly
Sunday Card Sha Tin
Mike you made me fell I needed to study the races, so here are some quick ideas. Late so no comments.

6.00 Regency Gem or Golden Mission.
6.30 Diamond Brilliant or SO AWESOME
7.00 Casa De Forca or Fire Ball
7.30 United we Stand or Xponential
8.00 Super Mission or Cahrizard
8.35 Gluck Racer or Darci Joy
9.05 ALL IN MIND the only one I have
9.35 Massive Pocket and Shining Ace.
10.10 Kasi Farasi only one I like here
10.35 Didn't look, too tired!

Plenty of newcomers in some races so would avoid those I think.

First time I have really looked at the runners in Hong Kong so not expecting much. Good luck with your selections.

Outlander

Gelding
Sunday Card Sha Tin
Mike you made me fell I needed to study the races, so here are some quick ideas. Late so no comments.

6.00 Regency Gem or Golden Mission.
6.30 Diamond Brilliant or SO AWESOME
7.00 Casa De Forca or Fire Ball
7.30 United we Stand or Xponential
8.00 Super Mission or Cahrizard
8.35 Gluck Racer or Darci Joy
9.05 ALL IN MIND the only one I have
9.35 Massive Pocket and Shining Ace.
10.10 Kasi Farasi only one I like here
10.35 Didn't look, too tired!

Plenty of newcomers in some races so would avoid those I think.

First time I have really looked at the runners in Hong Kong so not expecting much. Good luck with your selections.
well done Kevin, very nice winners there

The Hare

Filly
I also devised a sheet that would give the sectional times for HK as well, I'm up for trying to make use of those as well but the official website splits the final half mile into 440 yard rather than individual furlongs which is a shame. It was a lot of copying and pasting but I do have some decent data which I can return to.
@ AustinDillon75 AustinDillon75. I just collected the data as i found many years on the internet on a site Kaggle, Then i get obsessed and write some Macris to sort the information from the official site. I updated in Lockdown and just continued. Happy to supply you with the data as shown on this thread. with the help of @ O Outlander I managed to find a few errors and think as accurate as I can get now.

You have a lot on with your UK and Ireland though! Hong Kong I still can't understand the speed ratings whch is why I did form ones as well, they work as expected, very confusing.

The Hare

Filly
@ O Outlander. You gave good mentions to those first 2 winners and a couple later on. Close with your bets as well, hope you had some winning bets. I started looking at the first race and then realised my ratings were incorrect. Just the one day. My ratings sheets are sorted in the opposite diredtion to my data sheet and had copied them in reverse. All sorted now. Thought I had the trainers wrong as well but checked them and all is fine. Will make a better effort on Wednesday, The information is really excellent, furst time I had studied it.

Cheers

Outlander

Gelding
@ O Outlander. You gave good mentions to those first 2 winners and a couple later on. Close with your bets as well, hope you had some winning bets. I started looking at the first race and then realised my ratings were incorrect. Just the one day. My ratings sheets are sorted in the opposite diredtion to my data sheet and had copied them in reverse. All sorted now. Thought I had the trainers wrong as well but checked them and all is fine. Will make a better effort on Wednesday, The information is really excellent, furst time I had studied it.

Cheers
Didn’t back a winner I missed the first 2 horses I was going to bet because I woke up later than intended, they both lost , then I backed Galaxy Emperor who got nailed by a 44/1 shot that had hardly raised a leg this year coming 2nd to last on most of its starts, then I couldn’t resist a bet on E Star when I saw it was more than 50/1 in the last but I backed it to win and it got beat by the hotpot favourite, finished really strongly and justified a bet but I managed to lose anyway, something of a theme atm. Really enjoying being involved with the Hong Kong stuff, really is an excellent racing jurisdiction.
I would rather bet on Hong Kong stuff than the U.K. or IRE stuff atm. Feel like I have a better handle on it even though the betting account doesn’t agree yet.

The Hare

Filly
The problem is that it is Tote betting only, so any bookmakers will take the bets as it goes into a pool. So the odds are harder to beat. But if you find ones without Purton or Moreira the prices are bigger. Certainly all the main UK bookmakers or Betfair will let you bet into the Pool. Sadly no Exchange betting allowed!

Great work Mike, always one comes to beat them. Having a look at the Fantastic Show, as you say never close this season over similar trips. Only difference about 20lbs lower HK Official mark since October and drop in Class from 3 to 4 yesterday. I neeed to study class drops and body weight differences! Keep trying you're a good judge.

Outlander

Gelding
The problem is that it is Tote betting only, so any bookmakers will take the bets as it goes into a pool. So the odds are harder to beat. But if you find ones without Purton or Moreira the prices are bigger. Certainly all the main UK bookmakers or Betfair will let you bet into the Pool. Sadly no Exchange betting allowed!

Great work Mike, always one comes to beat them. Having a look at the Fantastic Show, as you say never close this season over similar trips. Only difference about 20lbs lower HK Official mark since October and drop in Class from 3 to 4 yesterday. I neeed to study class drops and body weight differences! Keep trying you're a good judge.
Betdaq have markets for Hong Kong, amazingly the liquidity seems poor but you can put in an offer and sometimes its worth it, the other day I saw hotpot Winner Method think about a 1/3 shot being matched (small amounts) at 2.0

The Hare

Filly
Betdaq have markets for Hong Kong, amazingly the liquidity seems poor but you can put in an offer and sometimes its worth it, the other day I saw hotpot Winner Method think about a 1/3 shot being matched (small amounts) at 2.0
Thanks Mike. Didn't realise that. Sure Betfair was just the pool bets, will have a look Wednesday.

A little better on Sunday Speed was 2-2-0 and Form 1-2-0. Card for Wednesday and ratings attached.

Attachments

• HV1905.xlsx
    73.5 KB · Views: 14

Outlander

Gelding
Thanks Mike. Didn't realise that. Sure Betfair was just the pool bets, will have a look Wednesday.

A little better on Sunday Speed was 2-2-0 and Form 1-2-0. Card for Wednesday and ratings attached.
yes Betfair no exchange betting for Hong Kong, they tried to bring it in and the HKJC wasn't having any of it and threatened them with a cease and desist.

Outlander

Gelding
Happy Valley Wednesday

11.45 I think the form where RED MAJESTY beat Wonder Express might prove key, the latter is weighted to turn it around but probably wont.
Wonderful Tiger would merit respect on 3 back run, but has pulled chance away last twice and can't be trusted to run his race.

12.15 Smart Thinker is in and out performer but go close if put best work in, BIG BANG BONG a more solid option in a race I can't get enthused about.

12.45 Another minefield race, WIN WIN STAR tops the ratings so is a token pick.

1.15 I like SPLIT OF A SECOND to go close to following up, the fly in the ointment could be consistent Flaming Passion with Teetan on.

1.45 TELECOM ROCKET won LTO and the speed ratings suggest should make a bold bid to repeat, hard to see Rhapsody being too far away and is a strong player also.

2.15 None of these are in any great form THUNDER STOMP has a good a chance as any in a race I wouldn't touch for betting.

2.45 HERE COMES TED caught my eye here but then I see one of those sexy Purton types Spontaneous who has been strutting around in recent races and trials and could still be concealing full ability from speed rating compilers.

3.15 One of my favourite angles highly rated horses with Teetan on, so STOICISM for me, Stock Legend is in great form and every chance again here.

3.50 I want to bet CHEERFUL DAYS here who 3 back got a massive 15lb sectional uplift when finishing 10th, since been 2nd and won LTO, in great form , but Superbella put up the top speed rating in this race when winning easily LTO and Moreira stays on, I would imagine strength in the market for this one and obviously the likeliest winner.

Ratings attached

Attachments

• HK190521 - HV.xlsx
    1,015.1 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

The Hare

Filly
11.45 Red Majesty certainly came back to form last but maybe INDIGENOUS STAR is the best in with tongue strap back on. Also Fire and Gold over a longer trip or Wonderful Tiger could be involved.
12.15 Smart Thinker and Shinealot with headgear off and a bit of break might take advantage of their good handicapping.
12.45 Win Win Star and Master of Fun as lightly raced horses should go close with Prince of Bon Bon best of regular runners.
1.15 Flaming Passion is improving and challenges Island Shine dropping in class and Split of a Second back to form last and up in class.
1.45 Fast improving RHAPSODY will be hard to beat, maybe Falcon Turbo the most likely to.
2.15 Purton on CHATER PINS looks the intersting one here.
2.45 Spontaneous and top weight Joyful Union look best on ratings
3.15 Moreira on TRANSCENDENT seems the clue but MEGA HEART is so well handicapped. Problem is doing this study I have realised that M L yeung seems to not have the best impact on improving horses or getting them to show their best so that puts me off!
3.45 I liked the look of World Famous but then realised C Y Ho has the same impact as above race. Purton on GOLDEN SPECTRUM will be close with Fast Pace the danger. Superbella up 10lbs puts me off but top rated on last run.

A lot similar there Mike, a better day in store for you.

Outlander

Gelding
Where are you backing the horses, are most bookies accepting on Hong Kong racing?
I didn’t realise before but some bookies do fixed prices, I backed 3 horses today with Bet365 and all 3 ended up half the price, Telecom Rocket , Here Comes Ted and Stoicism, all 3 lost , at this rate i will be banned before I have a winner.

The Hare

Filly
Speed 2-1-1 and Form 1-0-0 for Wednesday. Sunday card attached. Think Sha Tin 5f ratings are very high for last meeting, need work doing on them - wind benefit, not removed as yet.

Attachments

• st230521.xlsx
    76.4 KB · Views: 3

Outlander

Gelding
Sha Tin Sunday. keep this weeks list of losers brief

6.00 Jiangxi Stamina has the top rating and Teetan so is the pick, draw a negative.

6.30 Not sure ratings will help here, the locals will be queuing around the block to back Drops Of God who probably has 20lb in hand on his trial runs and in off the newcomer 52 HK Rating here.

7.00 Can't imagine the bookies will let you have too much of a price on Courier Wonder who is still very well handicapped, Duke Wai for the F/C.

7.30 McMunigal not a great draw but decent win LTO tops the ratings so a token pick.

8.00 Like DANDY YEARS here with Purton and decent draw.

8.35 Wide open race Golden Link as good a chance as any, many dangers including The Hulk.

9.05 Same old local Group 1 horses, Exultant top rated usually fodder for superior overseas horses, but I still wouldn't want to be taking a short price against him even in this weaker race. Just that strong possibility he finds one to beat him again.

9.40 COMPASSION SPIRIT will probably be anchored by the weight of my money in this, Yo Beauty with Moreira the biggest worry.

10.15 DRAGON FORTUNE and Gracylove stand out on ratings .

10.50 KILLER BEE will take a lot of beating, can't see the bookies or the locals letting it go off at value odds though.

Ratings attached

Attachments

• HK230521 - ST.xlsx
    1,012.1 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

The Hare

Filly
5.30 Purton replaces Ho on TURBO POWER should improve it but hardly a confident selection for these youngsters.
6.00 Jiangxi Stamina with Teetan, lightly raced has chances, Blazing Partners consistent or Victorious Leader back at trip would be my choices.
6.30 VICTORY SCHOLAR most likely of those raced with Purton back on board and top of ratings.
7.00 Group 3 Handicap! Go along with Mike that his 2 are pick of weights
7.30 McMUNIGAL lightly raced and improved last, plenty chances though, Clements Legend Moreira gets on leaving EZRA are perhaps the main ones.
8.00 Improving ROBOT WARRIOR has second run for trainer and Moreira replaces Purton who is the danger on DANDY YEARS.
8.35 Win Win ran well after a break but KING OPIE is so well handicapped.
9.05 At the trip EXULTANT is beatable as Mike says, Only COLUMBUS COUNTY and GLORIOUS DRAGON look capable, Ho, jockey on the latter puts me off a little on what would be best bet.
9.40 Compassion Spirit is consistent but beatable, improving HALL OF CHAMP and HORSESAIN BOLT could beat it.
10.15 DRAGON FORTUNE improved last time and lightly raced but plenty of others as well.
10.50 Killer Bee improving, possibly METRO WARRIOR topweight and up in trip could defeat it.

The Hare

Filly
Well not a great effort - well done @ O Outlander. I need to re learn horse racing!
Speed was 1-1-1 and Form 0-1-1 for top 3 rated, very poor.

Wednesday's card. Working on a new set of Speed Figures, main problem are the 5f sprints at Sha Tin, occasionally wind assisted or hindered, all other races around tight bends. Also the effect of weight doesn't seem to be a pound for a pound. Still working on this but would say 0.45 lbs is the effect of 1 pound in weight. More experimenting to do.

Attachments

• HV2605.xlsx
    72.1 KB · Views: 4

SteveT

Gelding
Dont know if this will be of use to you The Hare The Hare

Attachments

• A horse will slow down by 1L for the following weight increases at the following distances.docx
    10 KB · Views: 5