• Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a free 7 day trial of Horseracebase here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Horseracebase so help is always available if needed, as well as dedicated section of the fourm here.
    Best Wishes
    AR

Horses For Courses

Just an update on the scores on the doors .. -7.53 Points to date , can still come out ahead and will be trying my best to , bit unlucky on some of em but finding im concentrating better on this now than when i started

Nothing for Thursday 25th March , close to putting up The Ogle Gogle Man (3.22 Sedgefield) and Minella Trump (4,25 Sedgefield) but at the prices too many negatives for me so gonna swerve them both

4.30 Lingfield - Sir Hector 1 Point EW @ 6/1 (Will Hill)
SIR HECTOR comes into this in decent form , not being out of the first three home in his last 6 races , last time out , a fortnight ago , he was a solid 3rd to Swiss Pride over todays CD , beaten just over a length and a quarter , but the first three home were a further 3 3/4 lengths ahead of the fourth horse home. He has won twice from 4 runs over todays CD and is 3 wins and 3 places from 9 course runs overall which leads me to believe that more often than not he will be putting his best foot forward when running here. Rhys Clutterbuck in the saddle for the first time , he's been riding well enough of late and when teaming up with trainer Charlie Wallis lately the figures read - 1,1,3 . The 6/1 currently on offer with Hills is a tad skinny , was hoping for a little more but i'm gonna take it just in case he's backed in.

Last edited:
Yes, a good case, Sean Sean . I have backed Sir Hector before and been disappointed.
My early small bet in the race ( on btfr) is Dwyer's mount at bottom weight but top in some ratings.

I'll look again in the morning and may turn to the bookies for an EW. This applies to Sir Hector, too.

4.30 Lingfield - Sir Hector 1 Point EW @ 6/1 (Will Hill)
SIR HECTOR comes into this in decent form , not being out of the first three home in his last 6 races , last time out , a fortnight ago , he was a solid 3rd to Swiss Pride over todays CD , beaten just over a length and a quarter , but the first three home were a further 3 3/4 lengths ahead of the fourth horse home. He has won twice from 4 runs over todays CD and is 3 wins and 3 places from 9 course runs overall which leads me to believe that more often than not he will be putting his best foot forward when running here. Rhys Clutterbuck in the saddle for the first time , he's been riding well enough of late and when teaming up with trainer Charlie Wallis lately the figures read - 1,1,3 . The 6/1 currently on offer with Hills is a tad skinny , was hoping for a little more but i'm gonna take it just in case he's backed in.

Non Runner

Saturday 27th March

1.35 Kelso - Dandy Dan 1 Point EW @ 6/1 (365) / Claud & Goldie 1 Point EW @ 13/2 (Paddy P)
I like the look of the two at the top of the handicap in this , first is topweight DANDY DAN hailing from the shrewd Kim Bailey yard who seem to be chugging long nicely at the moment , the horse is one win and one place from his two runs at Kelso and when venturing into class 2 races he has a win and 3 places to his name from 4 attempts , David Bass has ridden Dandy Dan 12 times resulting in 5 wins and 4 places which shows , to me anyway , that he knows the horse and seems to get on with him. Another thing that caught my eye is the fact that he seems better chasing than hurdling , ran a blinder when 2nd to Red Giant in the Durham National on his re appearance before bombing last time out over hurdles coming last of 10 (that was a class 1 to be fair but still..) , back to a class 2 over the bigger obstacles i think we'll see him give a better account of himself. The other one i like is CLAUD AND GOLDIE whose , as yet , never been unplaced here at Kelso (3 wins and 3 places from his 6 runs and is 2 places from 2 runs over todays CD) , infact all his career wins have come at this course so obviously likes it round here. Won lto , beating Up Helly Aa King by 2 lengths with Vintage Clouds , who went onto win at the Cheltenham Festival on his next outing , by a mere 19 lengths so that form looks pretty good to me eyes. Jockey has 3 wins and 2 places from his 7 rides aboard the horse and i think he can go very close here.

2.35 Doncaster - Artistic Rifles 1 Point EW @ 8/1 (Lads , 365 , Coral)
22 runners , one of them races where literally anything could win to be honest but i really do like the look of Ed Bethell's ARTISTIC RIFLES , whose 2 from 2 over todays track and trip , the draw could of been a bit kinder but i'm hoping that he can overcome any disadvantage in that department , especially when i see that Andrea Atzeni is booked to ride for the first time , a jockey i rate and one who rides Doncaster well , i think the trainers made a shrewd and eye catching booking with this one. A decent enough 3rd last time out will have blown the cobwebs away and should have the horse nicely wound up for this , i think he'll go close.

4.25 Wolverhampton - Spirit Of Rowdown 1/2 Point EW @ 12/1 (365)
Open looking race imho and i've firmly come down on the side of SPIRIT OF ROWDOWN , just hope i don't regret it lol , has been in decent form since November last year when rattling off a three timer , and hasn't been out of the first four home in 3 runs since , that 4th was on the horses last run over todays CD and looked a solid enough effort , looking at his overall profile here at Wolverhampton i'm finding it hard not to see him making the frame come the business end of things if i'm honest. He's run over CD 5 times resulting in 2 wins and 2 places so definatley knows his way round here , Jockey Charlie Bennett takes the ride and he appears to get on well with the horse with a record of 3 wins and 2 places from 7 rides , as i say it is an open looking race and though the draw could of been a bit kinder (imo) i find it hard not to envisage Spirit Of Rowdon battling out the finish.

Had two for the Lincoln , Haqeeqy and Danyah , both look to me to hold a good chance but at the prices in a race like that not for me i'm afraid

Last edited:
Saturday 27th March

1.35 Kelso - Dandy Dan 1 Point EW @ 6/1 (365) :( (Pulled Up) / Claud & Goldie 1 Point EW @ 13/2 (Paddy P) :( (Pulled Up)
I like the look of the two at the top of the handicap in this , first is topweight DANDY DAN hailing from the shrewd Kim Bailey yard who seem to be chugging long nicely at the moment , the horse is one win and one place from his two runs at Kelso and when venturing into class 2 races he has a win and 3 places to his name from 4 attempts , David Bass has ridden Dandy Dan 12 times resulting in 5 wins and 4 places which shows , to me anyway , that he knows the horse and seems to get on with him. Another thing that caught my eye is the fact that he seems better chasing than hurdling , ran a blinder when 2nd to Red Giant in the Durham National on his re appearance before bombing last time out over hurdles coming last of 10 (that was a class 1 to be fair but still..) , back to a class 2 over the bigger obstacles i think we'll see him give a better account of himself. The other one i like is CLAUD AND GOLDIE whose , as yet , never been unplaced here at Kelso (3 wins and 3 places from his 6 runs and is 2 places from 2 runs over todays CD) , infact all his career wins have come at this course so obviously likes it round here. Won lto , beating Up Helly Aa King by 2 lengths with Vintage Clouds , who went onto win at the Cheltenham Festival on his next outing , by a mere 19 lengths so that form looks pretty good to me eyes. Jockey has 3 wins and 2 places from his 7 rides aboard the horse and i think he can go very close here.

2.35 Doncaster - Artistic Rifles 1 Point EW @ 8/1 (Lads , 365 , Coral) :handgestures-thumbup: Won
22 runners , one of them races where literally anything could win to be honest but i really do like the look of Ed Bethell's ARTISTIC RIFLES , whose 2 from 2 over todays track and trip , the draw could of been a bit kinder but i'm hoping that he can overcome any disadvantage in that department , especially when i see that Andrea Atzeni is booked to ride for the first time , a jockey i rate and one who rides Doncaster well , i think the trainers made a shrewd and eye catching booking with this one. A decent enough 3rd last time out will have blown the cobwebs away and should have the horse nicely wound up for this , i think he'll go close.

4.25 Wolverhampton - Spirit Of Rowdown 1/2 Point EW @ 12/1 (365) :handgestures-thumbup: Won
Open looking race imho and i've firmly come down on the side of SPIRIT OF ROWDOWN , just hope i don't regret it lol , has been in decent form since November last year when rattling off a three timer , and hasn't been out of the first four home in 3 runs since , that 4th was on the horses last run over todays CD and looked a solid enough effort , looking at his overall profile here at Wolverhampton i'm finding it hard not to see him making the frame come the business end of things if i'm honest. He's run over CD 5 times resulting in 2 wins and 2 places so definatley knows his way round here , Jockey Charlie Bennett takes the ride and he appears to get on well with the horse with a record of 3 wins and 2 places from 7 rides , as i say it is an open looking race and though the draw could of been a bit kinder (imo) i find it hard not to envisage Spirit Of Rowdon battling out the finish.

Had two for the Lincoln , Haqeeqy and Danyah , both look to me to hold a good chance but at the prices in a race like that not for me i'm afraid

Last edited:
Nice winner in Artistic Rifles , Claud & Goldie's saddle slipped and the rider lost his irons so has to be counted as unlucky was still in with a shout , if Spirit of Rowdown can win or place would make it a nice day overall

Kicking meself for not putting up Haqeeqy and Danyah in the end , first and fourth , bugger , hey ho on we go

Very nice win with Artistic Rifles, well done Sean Sean

Unlucky to miss Haqeeqy, but these are always tough decisions, if we can get more right than wrong over a period of time then that’s a good thing. God luck with SoR still to run.

Cheers F Frontrunner , gutted about Haqeeqy like i said but still of the opinion that at the price available it was the right thing to do , way i look at it is i selected it as a possible and only just failed the cut due to price so from a selection perspective i had it right , onto the next day i say

Nothing for Monday 29th , quite like the look of both Chieftains Choice and Mizen Master in the 2.50 at Stratford and was thinking of posting up win singles on them both , CC especially catches the eye course wise being 3 out of 3 but theres enough negatives for me to pass on them

Back