• Hi Guest, The forum will be moving hosts on 26 July and as such will be closed from Midday until the move has completed.
    As we will be with new hosts it may take a while before DNS get updated so it could take while before you can get back on the forum.
    I think it will take at least 4 hours but could easily be 48!
    Ark Royal
  • There seems to be a problem with some alerts not being emailed to members. I have told the hosts and they are investigating.
  • Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a 20% discount on Inform Racing.
    Simply enter the coupon code ukbettingform when subscribing here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Inform Racing so help is always available if needed.
    Best Wishes
    AR
  • Sorry for the ongoing issues that you may have been experiencing whilst using the forum lately

It really is frustrating when the forum slows down or Server Error 500 pops up.

Apparently the hosts acknowledge there is a problem.
    Thank you for using our services and sorry for the experienced delay!
    Unfortunately, these errors are due to a higher server load. Our senior department knows about the issue and they are working towards a permanent resolution of the issue, however, I'd advise you to consider using our new cPanel cloud solutions: https://www.tsohost.com/web-hosting

I will have to investigate what the differences are with what We have know compared to the alternative service they want us to migrate to.
    Keep safe.
    AR

Horses For Courses

Sean

Gelding
Disappointed with todays efforts i have to say , as i stated in the write up i really wanted to swerve Khatm's race but for some unfathomable reason i ignored my gut instinct and posted it up and paid the price with the horse coming 4th , Disarming ran well enough and came 4th , whilst Documenting drifted out to 28/1 but werent far away from the placings in 5th place , and Fox Duty Free came a poor , imo , 8th .. so not the best of starts to the month

Bets 4 (6 Points Staked) , winning bets 0
-6.00 Points

Sean

Gelding
Saturday 3rd April

3.35 Musselburgh - Alright Sunshine 1 Point EW @ 10/1 (365 , Will Hills , Lads , Coral , BetFred) :( 8th
ALRIGHT SUNSHINE catches my eye in this , the only CD winner in the race he's 4 from 4 at Musselburgh , with one of those being over todays CD. Comes into this after a couple of spins over hurdles so shouldn't be found wanting in the fitness department. 2018/2019 saw him look a decent sort never being out of the first three home , with figures of - 1,2,1,1,1,3,2,1,1,2,1. Last season saw less inspiring figures of -5,8,9,31 but i think thats down to the races he contested (saggaro stakes , caesarewitch etc) and he found he just weren't up to that , i think he'll find this more his level and hopefully can give a good account of himself , at the current odds of 10/1 he looks a decent each way shout to me especially given his course form to date.

Really like the look of Jabbarockie in the Scots Sprint Cup (3.00 Muss) but I can't be having it at the current 11/2 .

Well no luck with Alright Sunshine who could only manage 8th .. the one i swerved however obliged o_O

Bets 5 (8 Points Staked) - Winning Bets 0
-8.00 Points

Sean

Gelding
Nothing for Sunday 4th April , a few interested me but for one reason or another i've left them alone

Last edited:

Sean

Gelding
Wednesday 7th April

1.30 Lingfield - Be Fair 1 Point EW @ 7/1 (Will Hill)
I like the look of BE FAIR in this 10f handicap , comes into this on the back of a solid fourth at Doncaster last time out , beaten 3/4 length , staying on well that day and considering that this was his first try at 1m2f i think that was an impressive effort. Returning to Lingfield where he has a win and a place to his name from 2 runs i think better can be expected from his outing today. David Probert is back in the saddle today and he's got a win and a place from his 3 rides aboard the horse , plus a decent 13% strike rate at the course this season (along with a profit to a point stake stake of +27.45) , there are a few runners who i think could give him something to think about but if putting his best foot forward then i think Be Fair will be a threat to all.

Last edited:

Sean

Gelding
Going to stick with Be Fair as the sole bet for Wednesday , happy enough with that , Royal Advice , Turn On The Charm and Gordonstoun all caught my eye for tomorrow but have decided against posting / backing them

Sean

Gelding
Thursday 8th April

3.25 Aintree - Buveur D'Air 1 Point EW @ 11/1 (Will Hill)
BUVEUR D'AIR comes into this on the back of a decent enough effort last time out when 2nd to Navajo Pass in the New One Unibet Hurdle at Haydock back in January , not the strongest looking form in this race admittedly but when you take into consideration the fact that he'd been off course due to injury for 420 days beforehand i think it was a sound enough effort , for me anyway it was a solid enough re appearance given the facts and i think that he'll come on for that run/outing. The horse won this race back in 2017 and was 2nd to Supasundae in 2019 (gaining revenge next time out when winning the Punchestown Champion Hurdle) , he has two wins and a place from 4 runs here at Aintree , and as stated a win and a place in this race (his 2 runs over todays CD) , theres no denying his class and had he not been injured he surely wouldnt be anywhere near the price he currently is. Nico De Boinville is on board (one ride on the horse to date when 2nd last time out) and him and Nicky Henderson have been teaming up to good effect lately. I really can't see Henderson running him if the horse weren't fit and well and in with a decent chance. If on song i can see him going close.

4.40 Aintree - Moon Over Germany 0.5Pt EW @ 12/1 (365)
MOON OVER GERMANY immediatley caught my eye as the sole course and distance winner in the race (one from one here) , that win came a couple of years ago in this race. Trainer Henry De Bromhead runs two in this , Moon Over Germany and Jan Maat , and despite not banging in the winners lately (just one winner from 34 runners over the past fortnight) you'd have to respect anything that he brings over to run here , on jockey bookings you'd probably say that Jan Maat is the stables main hope (Rachael Blackmore rides) but that one is generally 20/1 in the betting whilst Moon Over Germany is a best priced 12s (with 365) which makes me think that my selection might be the preferred choice. To be honest i don't know anything about the 7lb claimer on board , JC Gainford , but if he's good enough for a trainer like De Bromhead then he's certainly good enough for a punter like myself ! On best form he would have a decent shout i think , so a small each way is the best way to go imho , in the hope he goes well.

5.20 Chelsmford - Velvet Vista 2 Point Win @ 5/2 (Will Hill)
VELVET VISTA has never been unplaced in 5 runs over todays CD , winning twice and placing three times , comes into this after a nose second to Last Date (with the re opposing Six Strings a further length and a half back in third) , as the distance suggests it was a very tight finish and i think she can make amends here , trainer runs her again quickly before she goes up 3lb , so to me everything points to a decent run this evening.

Last edited:

Sean

Gelding
Wednesday 7th April

1.30 Lingfield - Be Fair 1 Point EW @ 7/1 (Will Hill) :( 6th
I like the look of BE FAIR in this 10f handicap , comes into this on the back of a solid fourth at Doncaster last time out , beaten 3/4 length , staying on well that day and considering that this was his first try at 1m2f i think that was an impressive effort. Returning to Lingfield where he has a win and a place to his name from 2 runs i think better can be expected from his outing today. David Probert is back in the saddle today and he's got a win and a place from his 3 rides aboard the horse , plus a decent 13% strike rate at the course this season (along with a profit to a point stake stake of +27.45) , there are a few runners who i think could give him something to think about but if putting his best foot forward then i think Be Fair will be a threat to all.

Spent 2 Points (Total 10 Points)
Winning Bets 0
Returns 0

Last edited:

Coseleymon

Yearling
Thursday 8th April

3.25 Aintree - Buveur D'Air 1 Point EW @ 11/1 (Will Hill)
BUVEUR D'AIR comes into this on the back of a decent enough effort last time out when 2nd to Navajo Pass in the New One Unibet Hurdle at Haydock back in January , not the strongest looking form in this race admittedly but when you take into consideration the fact that he'd been off course due to injury for 420 days beforehand i think it was a sound enough effort , for me anyway it was a solid enough re appearance given the facts and i think that he'll come on for that run/outing. The horse won this race back in 2017 and was 2nd to Supasundae in 2019 (gaining revenge next time out when winning the Punchestown Champion Hurdle) , he has two wins and a place from 4 runs here at Aintree , and as stated a win and a place in this race (his 2 runs over todays CD) , theres no denying his class and had he not been injured he surely wouldnt be anywhere near the price he currently is. Nico De Boinville is on board (one ride on the horse to date when 2nd last time out) and him and Nicky Henderson have been teaming up to good effect lately. I really can't see Henderson running him if the horse weren't fit and well and in with a decent chance. If on song i can see him going close.

4.40 Aintree - Moon Over Germany 0.5Pt EW @ 12/1 (365)
MOON OVER GERMANY immediatley caught my eye as the sole course and distance winner in the race (one from one here) , that win came a couple of years ago in this race. Trainer Henry De Bromhead runs two in this , Moon Over Germany and Jan Maat , and despite not banging in the winners lately (just one winner from 34 runners over the past fortnight) you'd have to respect anything that he brings over to run here , on jockey bookings you'd probably say that Jan Maat is the stables main hope (Rachael Blackmore rides) but that one is generally 20/1 in the betting whilst Moon Over Germany is a best priced 12s (with 365) which makes me think that my selection might be the preferred choice. To be honest i don't know anything about the 7lb claimer on board , JC Gainford , but if he's good enough for a trainer like De Bromhead then he's certainly good enough for a punter like myself ! On best form he would have a decent shout i think , so a small each way is the best way to go imho , in the hope he goes well.

5.20 Chelsmford - Velvet Vista 2 Point Win @ 5/2 (Will Hill)
VELVET VISTA has never been unplaced in 5 runs over todays CD , winning twice and placing three times , comes into this after a nose second to Last Date (with the re opposing Six Strings a further length and a half back in third) , as the distance suggests it was a very tight finish and i think she can make amends here , trainer runs her again quickly before she goes up 3lb , so to me everything points to a decent run this evening.
I done the top 2 yesterday but i am massively out of form ,hopefully i haven't jinxed you

trecelyn

Yearling
Hi Sean, hope all is well down at the Den, this is quite a impressive thread, when did you develop these literary skills ? I remember a system from quite some time back that was based on C&D winners, but it had the added filter of that it had to be top rated by Topspeed and that figure had to be over C&D. The strike rate was average but the prices of the horses made up for this.

it also did ok with claimers riding them which I could not get my head around as I have an aversion to them in my betting, but on reading some of the comments on here about the top boys and girls mucking up their horses chances maybe the inexperienced jockeys let their horses run the way they want and the horse in liking the course runs well, just a thought. Anyway keep up the good work.

Sean

Gelding
Good luck F Frontrunner , i looked at Arlecchinos Arc as well , so thats probably the kiss of death for that one mate lol

trecelyn trecelyn , alright Mike , hows things ? Yeah Wall are doin okay at the mo , aint been to the Church(Den) lately tho , for obvious reasons lol , live in the East Midlands now as well so bit of a trek tbh .. Literary skills ? lol .. used to do fanzines (done 4 or 5 in me time) years ago interviewing bands , reviewing gigs . records , cds etc (Punk,Ska,Oi! & Hardcore) so probably from that tho i got lots of room for improvement .. done a horses for courses thread on Micks VetBet forum with write ups as well , helps me focus on em more not that it appears to improving results haha

Look forward to reading yer input i remember your posts about the trainers comments etc had some nice touches as i recall

Sean

Gelding
Nothing for Friday 9th , quite like the look of Nuts Well and Politogue in the 3.25 Aintree , and Wilde About Oscar in the 1.45 Aintree , but decided against em

Sean

Gelding
Thursday 8th April

3.25 Aintree - Buveur D'Air 1 Point EW @ 11/1 (Will Hill) :( 4th

4.40 Aintree - Moon Over Germany 0.5Pt EW @ 12/1 (365) :( 13th

5.20 Chelsmford - Velvet Vista 2 Point Win @ 5/2 (Will Hill) :( 4th

Spent 5 Points (Total 15 Points)
Winning Bets 0
Returns 0

-15.00 Points

Last edited:

Sean

Gelding
Really not going well at the mo , though if im honest i'd pick em again if i had too cus for me my reasons for picking them seem to be okay , bit gutted bout Buveur tbh , maybe the loose horse didnt help .. and have to say Velvet Vista was disappointing , anyway onwards and upwards

Coseleymon

Yearling
Really not going well at the mo , though if im honest i'd pick em again if i had too cus for me my reasons for picking them seem to be okay , bit gutted bout Buveur tbh , maybe the loose horse didnt help .. and have to say Velvet Vista was disappointing , anyway onwards and upwards
I know the feeling you beat the price but still cant win