• Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a free 7 day trial of Horseracebase here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Horseracebase so help is always available if needed, as well as dedicated section of the fourm here.
    Best Wishes
    AR

Horses For Courses

Nothing for Sunday 14th March .. quite like the look of Albert Camus (4.33 Lingfield) and 3.42 Warwick - Volcano and Rose Of Aghaboe but decided to swerve them

well Volcano wins and Rose of Aghboe comes third .. Albert Camus fails to even place (i'll blame S Sandhog for that one :) ) .. so perhaps in future i shall post the ones i swerve :idk: .. anyways back day in a day or so after ive done what ive got to with the new computer

Yep, it's the kiss of death if I say I like one, Sean Sean .:cry:
The better ones go unnoticed, like Born to Be Alive, which won the big one at Wolverhampton yesterday.:handgestures-thumbup:

Good luck with the computer!

Friday 19th March

1.20 Cheltenham - Adagio 1 Point EW @ 16/1 (365 , Paddy P)
Tough looking opening race but purely on course form i would have to give David Pipes ADAGIO a decent each way chance , he's one from one over CD , that coming in December where he beat Historic Heart by 4 3/4 lengths , he followed this up with a decent win at Chepstow , As well as the win he has a second here to the decent Duffle Coat so definatley merits a start in this. Tom Scu takes the ride and he's ridden the horse on all 4 starts to date resulting in 3 wins and a second , as i say its a tough looking race with the Irish having a particularly strong hand but Adagio could spring a surprise for the home team at a decent price or at least make the places.

2.20 Fakenham - Zee Man 1 Point Win @ 5/2 (365)
Fakenham is one of them tracks where i like to have a horse with course form on my side if im being honest , and ZEE MAN caught my eye as being the only course winner in this. Won here on chase debut , when making first start for Olly Murphy , was a solid enough second after that before falling when in touch last time out , could well make amends here today.

3.40 Cheltenham - Hazel Hill 1 Point EW @ 20/1 (365 , Paddy P) / Latenightpass 1/2 Point EW @ 25/1 (365)
Don't really look at Hunter Chases tbh but as this is Cheltenham and using course form , two in this stood out at each way prices , the first is HAZEL HILL whose two from two here , both over todays CD (won this in 2019) , when you look at the stats everything looks 'right' for this one , on similiar going hes 4 wins and a place from 5 outings , he's 2 from 2 in the grade and jockey Alex Edwards has an 83.3% strike rate aboard the horse (5 wins and a place from 6 rides) , at the 20/1 on offer with 365 and Paddys has to be of each way interest. The other one i noted is LATENIGHTPASS whose 1/1 here , over CD , and , again , the stats im looking at point to the possibility of a decent run at nice odds , has the assistance of Bridget Andrews from the plate and she's a jock i rate , and she's one from one aboard the horse. As i say not usually a punter in these type of races but the course form and the current odds did catch my eye.

Last edited:
Friday 19th March

1.20 Cheltenham - Adagio 1 Point EW @ 16/1 (365 , Paddy P) :handgestures-thumbup: 2nd
Tough looking opening race but purely on course form i would have to give David Pipes ADAGIO a decent each way chance , he's one from one over CD , that coming in December where he beat Historic Heart by 4 3/4 lengths , he followed this up with a decent win at Chepstow , As well as the win he has a second here to the decent Duffle Coat so definatley merits a start in this. Tom Scu takes the ride and he's ridden the horse on all 4 starts to date resulting in 3 wins and a second , as i say its a tough looking race with the Irish having a particularly strong hand but Adagio could spring a surprise for the home team at a decent price or at least make the places.

2.20 Fakenham - Zee Man 1 Point Win @ 5/2 (365) :( Fell
Fakenham is one of them tracks where i like to have a horse with course form on my side if im being honest , and ZEE MAN caught my eye as being the only course winner in this. Won here on chase debut , when making first start for Olly Murphy , was a solid enough second after that before falling when in touch last time out , could well make amends here today.

3.40 Cheltenham - Hazel Hill 1 Point EW @ 20/1 (365 , Paddy P) / Latenightpass 1/2 Point EW @ 25/1 (365) :(:( 5th / 4th
Don't really look at Hunter Chases tbh but as this is Cheltenham and using course form , two in this stood out at each way prices , the first is HAZEL HILL whose two from two here , both over todays CD (won this in 2019) , when you look at the stats everything looks 'right' for this one , on similiar going hes 4 wins and a place from 5 outings , he's 2 from 2 in the grade and jockey Alex Edwards has an 83.3% strike rate aboard the horse (5 wins and a place from 6 rides) , at the 20/1 on offer with 365 and Paddys has to be of each way interest. The other one i noted is LATENIGHTPASS whose 1/1 here , over CD , and , again , the stats im looking at point to the possibility of a decent run at nice odds , has the assistance of Bridget Andrews from the plate and she's a jock i rate , and she's one from one aboard the horse. As i say not usually a punter in these type of races but the course form and the current odds did catch my eye.

Last edited:
Well no luck with winners but Adagio was a decent second at 16s (SP 10/1) .. Zee Man managed to fall after being bumped .. Latenightpass managed 4th (shame it was only top 3 as backed into 12s) .. whilst Hazel Hill was 5th at 25/1 so both in the hunt come the line so on the right track

Last edited:
Saturday 20th March

1.50 Uttoxeter - Saint Dalina 1 Point EW @ 7/1 (365 , Will Hill)
SAINT DALINA has been the model of consistency since the beginning of last year (- 6,1,2,1,2,4,3 ) so it's chances are fairly obvious and to be honest I can't see why that good run of consistency shouldn't continue here. Has a win and a place over todays CD , the win coming at the start of December when sluicing up by 13 lengths , was then 2nd over CD next time out , both of those runs were under todays jockey , 5lb claimer Tom Buckley who is -1,2,1,4 aboard the horse , he's been riding well of late with a 23% strike rate in the past month , as has the trainer Charlie Longsdon (17.2% over the same period). The last race Saint Dalina contested , coming a respectable 3rd , was won by J'Ai Froid who has gone in again since which helps to give the form a more solid look about it and at the 7/1 currently available i'm more than happy with an each way with the hope the horse can get its head in front.

3.35 Uttoxeter - Captain Drake 1 Point EW @ 12/1 (Lads , Coral)
Was a runner up in this race last year so for me has to be considered , CAPTAIN DRAKE has run here 4 times resulting in two wins and a place , jockey and trainer have had a good season here , Brian Carver 28.6% strike rate and Harry Fry 29.4% , Fry has a solid looking 26.7% strike rate here over the past 5 years. Jockey has a win and 2 places from 5 rides aboard the horse , horse comes into this in fine fettle after a decent 4th in the Welsh National last time out , has to be respected imo and should go well , and hopefully close.

6.00 Wolverhampton - Ledham. 1/2 Point EW @ 16/1 (Will Hill)
Looking at the race and runners theres probably not alot to recommend LEDHAM if i'm being totally honest , but a few things caught my eye about the horse , firstly he's one from one at the course , and the fact that he's having his first run for G Hanmer , whose been amongst the winners lately (20% strike rate in past month) after leaving Sir Michael Stoutes yard .. the horse has obviously had problems as he's been off for almost 2 years but i keep thinking that he's been kept in training for a reason , he was running well enough before the lay off - 4,2,1,2,1,3,2 and though 23 months is a helluva long time to be off course if he retains any of his previous ability and given he's fit and ready then the 16/1 with Hills could look big, and with the added bonus of assistance from the bang in form Hollie Doyle from the saddle i'm happy enough to invest in a small each way to nothing

Others i considered closely ..
Kempton .. 3.15 Falco Blitz / My Way
Uttoxeter .. 3.00 Wilde About Oscar / Gustavian .... 3.35 Truckers Lodge
Wolverhampton .. 7.30 Heptathlete

Last edited:
Saturday 20th March

1.50 Uttoxeter - Saint Dalina 1 Point EW @ 7/1 (365 , Will Hill) :handgestures-thumbup: WON
SAINT DALINA has been the model of consistency since the beginning of last year (- 6,1,2,1,2,4,3 ) so it's chances are fairly obvious and to be honest I can't see why that good run of consistency shouldn't continue here. Has a win and a place over todays CD , the win coming at the start of December when sluicing up by 13 lengths , was then 2nd over CD next time out , both of those runs were under todays jockey , 5lb claimer Tom Buckley who is -1,2,1,4 aboard the horse , he's been riding well of late with a 23% strike rate in the past month , as has the trainer Charlie Longsdon (17.2% over the same period). The last race Saint Dalina contested , coming a respectable 3rd , was won by J'Ai Froid who has gone in again since which helps to give the form a more solid look about it and at the 7/1 currently available i'm more than happy with an each way with the hope the horse can get its head in front.

3.35 Uttoxeter - Captain Drake 1 Point EW @ 12/1 (Lads , Coral) :( 13th
Was a runner up in this race last year so for me has to be considered , CAPTAIN DRAKE has run here 4 times resulting in two wins and a place , jockey and trainer have had a good season here , Brian Carver 28.6% strike rate and Harry Fry 29.4% , Fry has a solid looking 26.7% strike rate here over the past 5 years. Jockey has a win and 2 places from 5 rides aboard the horse , horse comes into this in fine fettle after a decent 4th in the Welsh National last time out , has to be respected imo and should go well , and hopefully close.

6.00 Wolverhampton - Ledham. 1/2 Point EW @ 16/1 (Will Hill) :( 7th
Looking at the race and runners theres probably not alot to recommend LEDHAM if i'm being totally honest , but a few things caught my eye about the horse , firstly he's one from one at the course , and the fact that he's having his first run for G Hanmer , whose been amongst the winners lately (20% strike rate in past month) after leaving Sir Michael Stoutes yard .. the horse has obviously had problems as he's been off for almost 2 years but i keep thinking that he's been kept in training for a reason , he was running well enough before the lay off - 4,2,1,2,1,3,2 and though 23 months is a helluva long time to be off course if he retains any of his previous ability and given he's fit and ready then the 16/1 with Hills could look big, and with the added bonus of assistance from the bang in form Hollie Doyle from the saddle i'm happy enough to invest in a small each way to nothing

Others i considered closely ..
Kempton .. 3.15 Falco Blitz Unplaced (4th) / My Way Unplaced (5th)
Uttoxeter .. 3.00 Wilde About Oscar 1st 9/5 / Gustavian 3rd 7/2 .... 3.35 Truckers Lodge Unplaced (7th)
Wolverhampton .. 7.30 Heptathlete Unplaced (3rd)

Spent .. 5 Points
Returns .. 10.40 Points
+5.40

Last edited:
Sunday 21st March

2.05 Chepstow - Pozo Emery 2 Point Win @ 7/4 (365)
POZO EMERY was an odds on beaten favourite last time out , which never seems to bode well , but i think he had genuine excuses for that loss , one being the drop in trip but this return to a longer distance should , hopefully , play to his strengths and see him in a better light , or thats my reasoning ! The only course winner in the field which immediately caught my eye (1 from 1 over CD) , has run 3 times for Paul Nicholls since being sent over from R Tyners yard in Ireland resulting in a win , a second and a third so has always been on the premises. The trainer has been amongst the winners of late , and here at Chepstow he's excelled this season with an eyecatching 42% strike rate , over the past 5 years he has a more than respectable 27.4% strike rate , so anything he sends/runs here would have to merit respect and consideration in my honest opinion . The jockey Harry Cobden has also been in amongst the winners this month (19.8% strike rate) and like Nicholls has had a tremendous season at Chepstow with a 39.3% strike rate , and a not to be sniffed at 22.1% strike rate in the past 5 years , he's ridden the horse once resulting in a place but i'm fairly confident that he can notch his first win aboard the horse today. Another thing i was looking at was on his penultimate run he beat Champagne Rhythm who was 3rd on his next outing before winning on his next venture out , the third home that day (Franco D'Aunou) won next time out and the fourth has been 2nd on its next two starts , so the form is beginning to look pretty solid. I think the horse has scope for further improvement and for me the stats all point to Pozo Emery going close in this , obviously has the (currently) odds on favourite (Es Perfecto) to beat but we all know what can happen to those don't we ?!

Others I considered closely ..
Carlisle .. 2.20 One For Rosie .. 3.25 My Old Gold / Duke Debarry

Last edited:
Sunday 21st March

2.05 Chepstow - Pozo Emery 2 Point Win @ 7/4 (365) :( 2nd
POZO EMERY was an odds on beaten favourite last time out , which never seems to bode well , but i think he had genuine excuses for that loss , one being the drop in trip but this return to a longer distance should , hopefully , play to his strengths and see him in a better light , or thats my reasoning ! The only course winner in the field which immediately caught my eye (1 from 1 over CD) , has run 3 times for Paul Nicholls since being sent over from R Tyners yard in Ireland resulting in a win , a second and a third so has always been on the premises. The trainer has been amongst the winners of late , and here at Chepstow he's excelled this season with an eyecatching 42% strike rate , over the past 5 years he has a more than respectable 27.4% strike rate , so anything he sends/runs here would have to merit respect and consideration in my honest opinion . The jockey Harry Cobden has also been in amongst the winners this month (19.8% strike rate) and like Nicholls has had a tremendous season at Chepstow with a 39.3% strike rate , and a not to be sniffed at 22.1% strike rate in the past 5 years , he's ridden the horse once resulting in a place but i'm fairly confident that he can notch his first win aboard the horse today. Another thing i was looking at was on his penultimate run he beat Champagne Rhythm who was 3rd on his next outing before winning on his next venture out , the third home that day (Franco D'Aunou) won next time out and the fourth has been 2nd on its next two starts , so the form is beginning to look pretty solid. I think the horse has scope for further improvement and for me the stats all point to Pozo Emery going close in this , obviously has the (currently) odds on favourite (Es Perfecto) to beat but we all know what can happen to those don't we ?!

Others I considered closely ..
Carlisle .. 2.20 One For Rosie 1st 4/7 .. 3.25 My Old Gold 2nd 10/3 / Duke Debarry Unplaced

Spent 2 Points
Returns --
-2.00 Points

Last edited:
Monday 22nd March

2.10 Kelso - Some Chaos 1/2 Point EW @ 6/1 (Will Hill)
Immediately caught my eye that SOME CHAOS was the only CD winner in the race , having won both of his starts here at Kelso , which for me is always a positive , but on further investigation i found that both those successes were chases whereas todays is a hurdles race , delving further i found that he's never infact won a hurdles race , from 7 attempts , which is slightly disconcerting if i'm being honest , but on a cheerier note they were run off higher ORs than todays and he has to win sometime , or thats my theory ! Although he hasnt won over hurdles he hasnt disgraced himself , running respectably enough to warrant a small each wager on him.

4.20 Plumpton - Scrutinise 1/2 Point EW @ 12/1 (Will Hill)
SCRUTINISE has won twice from 5 attempts over todays course and distance (8th , 8th and 4th on other 3 runs) so knows his way round here , and had been in great form since returning to action after a break back in October last year , winning a female jockeys handicap hurdle by a neck , showing some toughness and spirit along the way , he followed that up with a second next time out and then a third. He then left Z Davisons' yard for Andy Irvines and had wind surgery , his return to action last time out after 117 days off was a tad lacklustre if i'm being honest , he ran okay for the most part but was pulled up towards the end of the race , to be fair i think he can be forgiven that run and i'm hoping that better can be expected today , now that he's had an initial outing and blown the cobwebs away and got rid of any general rustiness (so to speak). Another thing that makes me think he could well do better today is the fact that he's reunited with jockey Page Fuller who seems to have struck up a decent rapport with the horse , the pair have teamed up 8 times resulting in 3 wins and 3 places , and trainer Andy Irvine has had a decent month with an 18.5% strike rate. Obviously Scrutinise isnt anything like a cert but for me theres certain pointers that could indicate that a decent run could be on the cards and at the early 12/1 on offer with Hills im happy enough to have a small each way on him to find out.

Last edited:
Monday 22nd March

2.10 Kelso - Some Chaos 1/2 Point EW @ 6/1 (Will Hill) :( Unplaced (3rd)
Immediately caught my eye that SOME CHAOS was the only CD winner in the race , having won both of his starts here at Kelso , which for me is always a positive , but on further investigation i found that both those successes were chases whereas todays is a hurdles race , delving further i found that he's never infact won a hurdles race , from 7 attempts , which is slightly disconcerting if i'm being honest , but on a cheerier note they were run off higher ORs than todays and he has to win sometime , or thats my theory ! Although he hasnt won over hurdles he hasnt disgraced himself , running respectably enough to warrant a small each wager on him.

4.20 Plumpton - Scrutinise 1/2 Point EW @ 12/1 (Will Hill) :( Unplaced (7th)
SCRUTINISE has won twice from 5 attempts over todays course and distance (8th , 8th and 4th on other 3 runs) so knows his way round here , and had been in great form since returning to action after a break back in October last year , winning a female jockeys handicap hurdle by a neck , showing some toughness and spirit along the way , he followed that up with a second next time out and then a third. He then left Z Davisons' yard for Andy Irvines and had wind surgery , his return to action last time out after 117 days off was a tad lacklustre if i'm being honest , he ran okay for the most part but was pulled up towards the end of the race , to be fair i think he can be forgiven that run and i'm hoping that better can be expected today , now that he's had an initial outing and blown the cobwebs away and got rid of any general rustiness (so to speak). Another thing that makes me think he could well do better today is the fact that he's reunited with jockey Page Fuller who seems to have struck up a decent rapport with the horse , the pair have teamed up 8 times resulting in 3 wins and 3 places , and trainer Andy Irvine has had a decent month with an 18.5% strike rate. Obviously Scrutinise isnt anything like a cert but for me theres certain pointers that could indicate that a decent run could be on the cards and at the early 12/1 on offer with Hills im happy enough to have a small each way on him to find out.

Spent 2 Points
Returns --
-2.00 Points

Last edited:
Bit unlucky with Some Chaos really , done as an each way , 3 pulled out leaving 7 runners and he comes 3rd , typical ! And he still remains winless over hurdles ..

Tuesday 23rd March

3.25 Wetherby - Aristo Du Plessis . 1 Point EW @ 12/1 (Will Hill)
ARISTO DU PLESSIS ended last season with a 5 length win at Carlisle , but has shown absolutely nothing since his return to racecourse action this term , being beaten a total of 89 lengths in his 3 races to date , so its probably safe to say that he'd have to improve dramatically to win this although to be honest it does look a fairly open race where a case could be made for most , if not all , of the participants. For me theres a case to be made for Aristo Du Plessis through signs/stats , and that a better effort could be on the cards , the first is that he's now lurking on a dangerous looking mark if putting his best foot forward , the second is he is the only CD winner in the race , winning 4 of his 8 starts over todays CD , and finally , he is re united with jockey Brian Hughes , who rode him to the end of season victory i mentioned , Hughes has 2 wins from 3 rides aboard the horse .. this season he's been ridden by claimers in his 3 outings and no offence to any of them , i would rather Brian Hughes in the saddle , knows a little about the horse , has won on him and i'm hopeful that , combined with a return to a course he's run well at several times , Hughes can bring about a bit of improvement in him.

Tuesday 23rd March

3.25 Wetherby - Aristo Du Plessis . 1 Point EW @ 12/1 (Will Hill)
ARISTO DU PLESSIS ended last season with a 5 length win at Carlisle , but has shown absolutely nothing since his return to racecourse action this term , being beaten a total of 89 lengths in his 3 races to date , so its probably safe to say that he'd have to improve dramatically to win this although to be honest it does look a fairly open race where a case could be made for most , if not all , of the participants. For me theres a case to be made for Aristo Du Plessis through signs/stats , and that a better effort could be on the cards , the first is that he's now lurking on a dangerous looking mark if putting his best foot forward , the second is he is the only CD winner in the race , winning 4 of his 8 starts over todays CD , and finally , he is re united with jockey Brian Hughes , who rode him to the end of season victory i mentioned , Hughes has 2 wins from 3 rides aboard the horse .. this season he's been ridden by claimers in his 3 outings and no offence to any of them , i would rather Brian Hughes in the saddle , knows a little about the horse , has won on him and i'm hopeful that , combined with a return to a course he's run well at several times , Hughes can bring about a bit of improvement in him.
Non Runner

Back