• Hi Guest, The forum will be moving hosts on 26 July and as such will be closed from Midday until the move has completed.
    As we will be with new hosts it may take a while before DNS get updated so it could take while before you can get back on the forum.
    I think it will take at least 4 hours but could easily be 48!
    Ark Royal
  • There seems to be a problem with some alerts not being emailed to members. I have told the hosts and they are investigating.
  • Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a 20% discount on Inform Racing.
    Simply enter the coupon code ukbettingform when subscribing here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Inform Racing so help is always available if needed.
    Best Wishes
    AR
  • Sorry for the ongoing issues that you may have been experiencing whilst using the forum lately

It really is frustrating when the forum slows down or Server Error 500 pops up.

Apparently the hosts acknowledge there is a problem.
    Thank you for using our services and sorry for the experienced delay!
    Unfortunately, these errors are due to a higher server load. Our senior department knows about the issue and they are working towards a permanent resolution of the issue, however, I'd advise you to consider using our new cPanel cloud solutions: https://www.tsohost.com/web-hosting

I will have to investigate what the differences are with what We have know compared to the alternative service they want us to migrate to.
    Keep safe.
    AR

Horses For Courses

Sean

Gelding
Just gone through last months selections and doing them to a 1 point win (rather than each way and 1/2 point , 1 point or 2 point) would have shown a slightly better profit +7.53 rather than +6.97 , not a lot better i grant you but i'd take it !

This month , to date , it would be showing a loss but a smaller one than the win/each way i'm doing currently -17.50 rather than -20.15

I generally do win only regardless of price anyway so what made me start doing it this way god only knows , will keep an eye on it for this month and probably next but will probably switch to win only , unless theres a good reason an each way would be in order

Sean

Gelding
Friday 16th April

5.40 Bath - Rose Hip 0.5 Point EW @ 16/1 (Will Hills)
ROSE HIP catches my eye in this as the only CD winner in the race , two from two over CD to date. Has been off just over 200 days so im taking it on trust that she's fit and ready to roll , prior to her break she had been running well and holding her form. A couple of other stats that catch my eye is the fact that she has had 6 runs at the distance , winning 3 and placing in 2 and on the going she has 5 wins and 2 places from 8 runs. If she's ready then i think she can go close at a decent price. (My main worry i have to say is the Jessica Harrington trained Dickiedooda , bringing just one horse over speaks of her intentions i think)

7.10 Bath - Confils 1 Point Win @ 15/2 (Will Hills) / Lady Elysia 1 Point Win @ 6/1 (Will Hills)
Two for me in this one , first up is George Bakers' CONFILS , comes into this after a fair enough effort lto (6th at Doncaster) and if she comes on for that run then she looks to be on what could be a handy mark and if putting her best hoof forward she'd be a threat to all. The other one i like is LADY ELYSIA who was third to the reopposing Mack The Knife (beaten 2 lengths into third , but then 9 lengths to the 4th home) , that race was at Wolverhampton but back here where Lady Elysia is one from one over CD and 2 from 3 at the course overall its entirely possible that she could reverse that form. She was coming back from a 156 day lay off last time , i think she'd have blown the cobwebs away and will strip fitter here , go very close i think.

2.50 Newbury - Beautiful Bertie 1 Point Win @ 5/1 (Will Hills) / Caribou 1 Point Win @ 15/2 (Will Hills)
Another race where i like the look of two , both returning to action after a break , first is Roger Charltons BEAUTIFUL BERTIE , hasnt won at the course but ran well on his only visit when third to Ibiza Rocks , beaten by 1/4 length , he then went onto win two novice races on all the all weather , he won those well , by 3 lengths and 5 lengths respectively and i am hoping that he's improved and comes back better this year and continue where he left off , in his first attempt in a handicap. Jason Watson rides and he has a win and a place from his 2 rides on the horse , trainers a shrewdie and i think he'll go close. The second horse is CARIBOU , who has a similar profile to Beautiful Bertie i think , won his last 2 races , the last a 6f handicap here , looks a progressive sort and like the aforementioned BB i'm hoping he can come back improved. Hollie Doyle is one from one on him and is in the plate , shouldnt be far away.

Last edited:

Sean

Gelding
Thursday 15th April

4.45 Newmarket - Wobwobwob 0.5 Point EW @ 20/1 (Will Hill) :handgestures-thumbup: 3rd (10p Rule 4)
Looking at the race and the runners WOBWOBWOB probably doesnt stand out as much as some , but he immediatley caught my eye as the only course winner in the field. Had a decent enough first season with 2 wins from 5 runs , his second win was the last run of the season , in a group 2 nursery here over 7f , he only won by a neck (the 3rd horse a further 2 1/2 lengths back) that day but it was an impressive win imo nevertheless , making all and running on at the end to hold on for the victory. Returned to action just over a fortnight ago with a decent 5th , that was his first run on the all weather , that should have blown the cobwebs away and hopefully he can go close at a decent price today. An added bonus is that Oisin Murphy is reunited with the horse , he's one from one on him (the win mentioned above). I think he looks a decent each way shout if im honest.

8.25 Newcastle - Great Colaci 1 Point Win @ 4/1 (Will Hill) :( 5th / Athollblair Boy 1 Point Win @ 4/1 (Will Hill) :handgestures-thumbup: Won
Not a huge fan of amateur races tbh but 2 did catch my eye in this , first one is GREAT COLACI whose been in decent form of late without winning , had 7 runs this year with resulting figures of - 6,6,2,4,2,3,4 so he has been there or thereabouts and wouldnt be winning out of turn as far as im concerned. Had a decent 2020 with 5 wins from 17 runs , so holding his form well overall i think. Becky Smith in the plate and she's a decent enough pilot and has been riding well , since 7/4 - 3,3,3,1. Horse has run here 31 times resulting in 7 wins and 10 places , that looks better over todays CD with 18 runs , and 11 wins or places. Knows his way round here and if he runs his race then i think he'll go close. The other horse is ATHOLLBLAIR BOY , another one who knows his way round here , 5 wins and 11 places from 29 runs - 1 win and 4 places from 8 runs over CD , hasnt won for a while but he has been running respectably enough in defeat and if putting his best foot forward is capable of taking a hand in the finish. Charlotte Mulhall takes the ride , bit disconcerting that she hasnt ridden for 167 days but last time she rode it resulted in a second and a win so happy enough with that.

Spent 3 Points (Total 36 Points)
Returns 7.75 Points (Total 20.6 Points)
-15.40 Points

Last edited:

pete

Dam
I like Colaci too, I have it as the main danger to an outsider i have backed in that race ...
"Fieldsman" - dropping in class for the first time since last win.

Colaci has been putting together some fine runs in defeat recently ...
this seems to be more his level, needs a strong pace to come off, is always going best at the line.
Colaci was just a little short for me though and I felt that Fieldsman offered better value.

Good luck though !

Sean

Gelding
Saturday 17th April

4.20 Brighton - Wiley Post 1 Point Win @ 3/1 (Hills) / Shamshon 1 Point Win @ 9/4 (Hills)
Like the look of the front two in the betting (at the moment) in this. WILEY POST must hold a decent chance here i think , lower mark on turf than the AW where he's been plying his trade of late and solid looking course form , two wins and a place from hus 4 runs (both wins over todays CD) , fit from a spin round Chelmsford a month ago i cant see why he shouldnt run his race and be busy come the business end of things. The other horse i like is S Williams SHAMSHON , a win and a place from 3 runs over CD , Marco Ghiani on board and he has 2 wins and a 3 places from 7 rides so obviously knows the horse well enough. Like Wiley Post he's been running on the all weather lately , and doing okay - 1,5,2,5,3,2,2,3 this year , and though running well i can see him doin better now he's being returned to turf. Trainer been amongst the winners of late , can see him going close.

6.30 Brighton - De Vegas Kid 1 Point Win @ 3/1 (Hills)
Trappy looking race imho but i'm going to side with Tony Carrolls DE VEGAS KID whose got a good record here at Brighton , a win and a place from his 2 runs over CD and 4 wins and 2 places from 7 runs overall at the course , so obviously has a liking for it round here. Was seventh at Kempton last time but does have excuses and wasnt beaten that far tbh , so i'm expecting better returned here. David Probert takes over the reins from a claimer which i'm hoping will help , he has won on the horse , should go well.

Last edited:

Sean

Gelding
Friday 16th April

5.40 Bath - Rose Hip 0.5 Point EW @ 16/1 (Will Hills) :( 10th
ROSE HIP catches my eye in this as the only CD winner in the race , two from two over CD to date. Has been off just over 200 days so im taking it on trust that she's fit and ready to roll , prior to her break she had been running well and holding her form. A couple of other stats that catch my eye is the fact that she has had 6 runs at the distance , winning 3 and placing in 2 and on the going she has 5 wins and 2 places from 8 runs. If she's ready then i think she can go close at a decent price. (My main worry i have to say is the Jessica Harrington trained Dickiedooda , bringing just one horse over speaks of her intentions i think)

7.10 Bath - Confils 1 Point Win @ 15/2 (Will Hills) :( 2nd / Lady Elysia 1 Point Win @ 6/1 (Will Hills) :( 4th
Two for me in this one , first up is George Bakers' CONFILS , comes into this after a fair enough effort lto (6th at Doncaster) and if she comes on for that run then she looks to be on what could be a handy mark and if putting her best hoof forward she'd be a threat to all. The other one i like is LADY ELYSIA who was third to the reopposing Mack The Knife (beaten 2 lengths into third , but then 9 lengths to the 4th home) , that race was at Wolverhampton but back here where Lady Elysia is one from one over CD and 2 from 3 at the course overall its entirely possible that she could reverse that form. She was coming back from a 156 day lay off last time , i think she'd have blown the cobwebs away and will strip fitter here , go very close i think.

2.50 Newbury - Beautiful Bertie 1 Point Win @ 5/1 (Will Hills) :( 9th / Caribou 1 Point Win @ 15/2 (Will Hills) :( 5th
Another race where i like the look of two , both returning to action after a break , first is Roger Charltons BEAUTIFUL BERTIE , hasnt won at the course but ran well on his only visit when third to Ibiza Rocks , beaten by 1/4 length , he then went onto win two novice races on all the all weather , he won those well , by 3 lengths and 5 lengths respectively and i am hoping that he's improved and comes back better this year and continue where he left off , in his first attempt in a handicap. Jason Watson rides and he has a win and a place from his 2 rides on the horse , trainers a shrewdie and i think he'll go close. The second horse is CARIBOU , who has a similar profile to Beautiful Bertie i think , won his last 2 races , the last a 6f handicap here , looks a progressive sort and like the aforementioned BB i'm hoping he can come back improved. Hollie Doyle is one from one on him and is in the plate , shouldnt be far away.

Spent 5 Points (41 Points)
Returns - (20.6 Points)
-20.4 Points

Last edited:

Sean

Gelding
Sunday 18th April

1.50 Ayr - Marown 1 Point EW @ 13/2 (365 , PP , BetVic)
MAROWN comes into this in fine form , 5 runs this season and been in the first 3 home in all of them - 3,1,2,2,1. Has took to fences well and his lto over the bigger obstacles was a fascile bloodless one , winning by 38 lengths , that was also his first try over todays 3 miles so should stand him in good stead for todays race. Only course winner in the race , he has 3 wins from 4 runs here at Ayr which immediatley stands out for me. He's one from one over the distance and Brian Hughes in the plate , has 5 wins from 6 rides giving an excellent 83.3% strike rate. He's ridden for Nicky Richards 3 times this month resulting in 2 wins. For me everything points to a decent effort and i'm finding it hard to see him out of the oplacings at the very least.

4.10 Ayr - Wetlands 1 Point Win @ 11/4 (Lads , Coral)
WETLANDS is another Nicky Richards charge , i'm obviously hoping he has a good day ! , and like Marown is the only course winner in the race (1 win from 2 runs) , and also like his stablemate has been making hay this season - 3,2,1,1,1 , was impressive when winning a novice hurdle last time out , beating Our Percy by 13 lengths , was value for more imho and should go close today in his hunt for the four timer. Brian Hughes once again in the saddle and he has 4 wins and a place from his 7 rides aboard the horse. He looks a progressive type and i can see him improving more , he shouldnt be far away.

Last edited:

Sean

Gelding
Saturday 17th April

4.20 Brighton - Wiley Post 1 Point Win @ 3/1 (Hills) :( 5th / Shamshon 1 Point Win @ 9/4 (Hills) :( 2nd
Like the look of the front two in the betting (at the moment) in this. WILEY POST must hold a decent chance here i think , lower mark on turf than the AW where he's been plying his trade of late and solid looking course form , two wins and a place from hus 4 runs (both wins over todays CD) , fit from a spin round Chelmsford a month ago i cant see why he shouldnt run his race and be busy come the business end of things. The other horse i like is S Williams SHAMSHON , a win and a place from 3 runs over CD , Marco Ghiani on board and he has 2 wins and a 3 places from 7 rides so obviously knows the horse well enough. Like Wiley Post he's been running on the all weather lately , and doing okay - 1,5,2,5,3,2,2,3 this year , and though running well i can see him doin better now he's being returned to turf. Trainer been amongst the winners of late , can see him going close.

6.30 Brighton - De Vegas Kid 1 Point Win @ 3/1 (Hills) :) 2nd
Trappy looking race imho but i'm going to side with Tony Carrolls DE VEGAS KID whose got a good record here at Brighton , a win and a place from his 2 runs over CD and 4 wins and 2 places from 7 runs overall at the course , so obviously has a liking for it round here. Was seventh at Kempton last time but does have excuses and wasnt beaten that far tbh , so i'm expecting better returned here. David Probert takes over the reins from a claimer which i'm hoping will help , he has won on the horse , should go well.

Last edited:

Sean

Gelding
Sunday 18th April

1.50 Ayr - Marown 1 Point EW @ 13/2 (365 , PP , BetVic) :( 9th
MAROWN comes into this in fine form , 5 runs this season and been in the first 3 home in all of them - 3,1,2,2,1. Has took to fences well and his lto over the bigger obstacles was a fascile bloodless one , winning by 38 lengths , that was also his first try over todays 3 miles so should stand him in good stead for todays race. Only course winner in the race , he has 3 wins from 4 runs here at Ayr which immediatley stands out for me. He's one from one over the distance and Brian Hughes in the plate , has 5 wins from 6 rides giving an excellent 83.3% strike rate. He's ridden for Nicky Richards 3 times this month resulting in 2 wins. For me everything points to a decent effort and i'm finding it hard to see him out of the oplacings at the very least.

4.10 Ayr - Wetlands 1 Point Win @ 11/4 (Lads , Coral)
WETLANDS is another Nicky Richards charge , i'm obviously hoping he has a good day ! , and like Marown is the only course winner in the race (1 win from 2 runs) , and also like his stablemate has been making hay this season - 3,2,1,1,1 , was impressive when winning a novice hurdle last time out , beating Our Percy by 13 lengths , was value for more imho and should go close today in his hunt for the four timer. Brian Hughes once again in the saddle and he has 4 wins and a place from his 7 rides aboard the horse. He looks a progressive type and i can see him improving more , he shouldnt be far away.

Coseleymon

Yearling
He Seemed to run a strange race dropped out down the back and then ran on diwn the straight both times,he never looked like winning at any stage though perhaps the ground was a bit quick , my only consolation is i was right about the top 2 in the betting !!