• Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a 20% discount on Inform Racing.
    Simply enter the coupon code ukbettingform when subscribing here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Inform Racing so help is always available if needed.
    Best Wishes
    AR
  • Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a free 7 day trial of Horseracebase here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Horseracebase so help is always available if needed, as well as dedicated section of the fourm here.
    Best Wishes
    AR

Alternative BTTS - Value Method.

..... OK four for this system today:-
Torino v Cagliari
Real Betis v Real Sociedad
Nantes v Brest
Schalke 04 v Union Berlin
All backed over 2.50 goals and small saver on 1-1. ;)

.... this did not prove to be one of those better days, in fact it turned out to be quite miserable for the system. We had four wins but at the same time we had four losses where goals were below 2.50 goals which gave us four maximum losses of £6 a time. So with the four wins we at least salvaged some and the overall loss was £12.90. So the paper total now reduces to £30.50 and a little disappointing. However we can fight another day and at least it was only paper bets which was not so bad. Back tomorrow if enough qualifiers in an endeavour to repair the damage. ;)
My favourite mantra when betting - win more than you lose - and you're doing that with this at the mo !

....not a lot of matches to choose from for Monday, but here we are still with five qualifiers to suit our hopes:-
W.B.A. V Burnley
Leeds U v Wolverhampton W.
Djurgardens v Malmo FF - Sweden
Genclerbirligi v Denizlispor - Turkey
Santos Laguna v Pachuca - Mexico
Backing over 2.50 goals and a small saver on 1-1.;)

..... We had a great day with Sunday repairing the damage done on Saturday. All repairs carried out with 3 over 2.50 goals and one one the saver 1-1.
Surplus for the night was £12.65 and we are on our way again. When added to the paper total we now have a balance of £43.15 and quite respectable again. Back tomorrow to report on those five selections highlighted above.;)

.... was quite happy really when after losing £12.90 on Saturday and getting £12.65 back today, only 25p adrift, which is easy to live with and gives one encouragement to continue with an encouraging system. ;)

..... rather a mixed day, today. Two wins, one saver and two outright losses, courtesy of the Premier League matches tonight where the scores were 0-0 and 0-1. Makes one think that it may be better to leave out teams from the Premiership, particularly where they look tight. Anyway, not too much damage done as the deficit was only a straight £2.00. Our paper total now reads £41.15 and we march on towards tomorrow with a view to finding some more winners. Back then to cover. ;)

Last edited:
.... I completed my analysis earlier whilst waiting for results, so we have four selections for tomorrow:-
Gillingham v Portsmouth
Oxford Utd v M K Dons
Morecambe v Mansfield T
Colchester U v Forest Green R
All backed as usual Over 2.50 goals and a small 1-1 saver.
Fingers crossed.;)

... once again a slightly disappointing night's results. We had two wins and two losses with a deficit of £6.70, so when you consider that is over four trial matches it really is not so bad. So the overall paper total now stands at £34.45 in what has been an unsteady couple of days. So we go again tomorrow and hope for something a little better. Back then to cover. ;)

.... two selections only for tomorrow Wednesday:-
Sheffield W v Brentford
QPR v Preston NE
Both backed Over 2.50 goals and a small saver on the 1-1.
Hoping to get back to some normality. ;)

..... another mixed bag tonight with one win and one loss. I managed to find the only game in the Championship to finish on less than 2.50 goals. QPR v PNE was the only game in five tonight to finish under 2.50 goals, but the saver was that these two I chose were the only qualifiers on offer.
Anyway not crying about it as the damage was only a deficit of £1.40 paper money. The total now reads £33.05 and we march on towards tomorrow. ;)

.... so having done the homework earlier, we have two qualifiers for Thursday, one early and one later.
PSV v Granada- EUFA kick off 16.55pm
Tijuana v Monterrey Mexico Copa MX kick off 03.00 am.
Looking for some winners here.;)

.... seem to be going through a little sticky patch at the moment as 1 winner and 1 loser. Not much headway being made currently but perseverance is the name of the game and losses are not amounting to much from a paper point of view. The deficit on these two, were the same as last nigh £1.40 so the new paper total now reads £31.65 which still finds us keeping our heads well above water. Back to cover Friday. ;)

.... in a day when there is currently not much happening we still have two selections for Friday:-
Nurnberg v Karlsruhe
Univ. Catolica v Internacional
All backed at Over 2.50 goals and a small saver on 1-1.
Would be nice to see two winners here tomorrow.;)

.... not exactly two complete winners, but no losers here today either. One bet won at over 2.50 goals whilst the other enjoyed the saver, so quite satisfying from a not losing point of view. The surplus on these two matches amounted to a straight £6 and when added to our progressive paper total it now reads £37.65. I'm going to look at the stats now and cover any qualifiers for tomorrow Saturday. Back shortly. ;)

..... a bit of a slog looking Saturday games over. I have had to chop a lot out to end with these.
Stoke C v Brentford.
Bristol C v Swansea
Coventry C v Blackburn R
Gillingham v Fleetwood T
Lincoln C v Ipswich T
Sunderland v Portsmouth
Cambridge U v Bolton W
Morecambe v Forest Green R
All backed for Over 2.50 goals and a small saver on the 1-1. ;) ;)

.... considering we had eight matches as selections today, I think we came out of this Saturday with a shiny report. The Alternative BTTS system gave us 4 winners, 2 savers and only 2 losers, so more than satisfied with that performance. Our surplus after all the plusses and minuses gave us a net win of £7.90 which was quite acceptable. When added to the overall paper total it now stands at £45.55 and getting nearer to the total we had recently until our small losing patch. So been through the stats for tomorrow already and I list below Sunday's selections. ;)

.... OK we have four selections for tomorrow and hopefully our run may continue:-
15.00pm Ser A Parma v Spezia
17.00pm France 1 Nice v Lille
12.15pm Hol Ered. Fortuna Sittard v F C Groningen
14.30pm Sweden Alls. Kalmar FF v Falkenbergs
All backed over 2.50 goals and a small saver on the 1-1.;)

I'm not really seeing the goal-fests that were around at the start of the seasons for various leagues, so the fact you are spotting the over 2.5's is quite impressive. Surely you're not still paper-testing ?

Surely you're not still paper-testing ?
..... thanks Paul. I'm afraid I am still paper testing as I have been experimenting a little. For example I stopped the trading aspect and went solo for set and forget, which is less demanding. The method of selection appears to work quite well so maybe I may give it a real run very shortly. ;)

Back