• Hi Guest, The forum will be moving hosts on 26 July and as such will be closed from Midday until the move has completed.
    As we will be with new hosts it may take a while before DNS get updated so it could take while before you can get back on the forum.
    I think it will take at least 4 hours but could easily be 48!
    Ark Royal
  • There seems to be a problem with some alerts not being emailed to members. I have told the hosts and they are investigating.
  • Sorry for the ongoing issues that you may have been experiencing whilst using the forum lately

It really is frustrating when the forum slows down or Server Error 500 pops up.

Apparently the hosts acknowledge there is a problem.
    Thank you for using our services and sorry for the experienced delay!
    Unfortunately, these errors are due to a higher server load. Our senior department knows about the issue and they are working towards a permanent resolution of the issue, however, I'd advise you to consider using our new cPanel cloud solutions: https://www.tsohost.com/web-hosting

I will have to investigate what the differences are with what We have know compared to the alternative service they want us to migrate to.
    Keep safe.
    AR

Alternative BTTS - Value Method.

Delboy99

Mare
.... seem to be on a bit of a slide right now after a fairly successful run of late. Saturday's I feel are a bit of a lottery really as there are so many qualifiers to look at and often it is sod's law after I have chopped the size down. After the original list of qualifiers I had 14 and of these there was 7 winners 3 savers and 4 losers. Eventually this was chopped down to 6 selections as highlighted here, and this ended up with 3 winners all over 2.50 goals, and 3 losses. So a few of the beneficial selections which were chopped were decent enough to have been retained. So the overall loss was another £6.10 and now leaves the total at £44.45. With that, we go forward towards tomorrow, looking for some winners. Back later to cover. ;)

Delboy99

Mare
.... OK we have four qualifiers for tomorrow Sunday:-
Newcastle U v Everton
St.Etienne v Montpellier
Dijon v Lorient
Lille v Lyon
All backed over 2.50 goals and a small saver on1-1.
Looking to recoup some of the losses. ;)

paulb164

Colt
.... seem to be on a bit of a slide right now after a fairly successful run of late. Saturday's I feel are a bit of a lottery really as there are so many qualifiers to look at and often it is sod's law after I have chopped the size down. After the original list of qualifiers I had 14 and of these there was 7 winners 3 savers and 4 losers. Eventually this was chopped down to 6 selections as highlighted here, and this ended up with 3 winners all over 2.50 goals, and 3 losses. So a few of the beneficial selections which were chopped were decent enough to have been retained. So the overall loss was another £6.10 and now leaves the total at £44.45. With that, we go forward towards tomorrow, looking for some winners. Back later to cover. ;)
If you don't mind me asking... how or what criteria are you using to wittle down the qualifiers ?

Delboy99

Mare
If you don't mind me asking... how or what criteria are you using to wittle down the qualifiers ?
.... sorry for the late reply, been busy most of the day. I'm afraid the method used to whittle down the field leaves a lot to be desired, something a little slipshod and maybe not a true reflection on how teams have performed. All I do is add up the total goals scored by each of the teams which qualify and use this total as to guidance on what we might expect the teams to do from a scoring point of view. So matches where the total goals are the highest, would be selected, and the rest discarded. Two weeks running the discards have done better than expected and achieved some winning results. If you have better ideas than this, I would welcome your comments as this could help in retaining selections often discarded. ;)

Delboy99

Mare
..... 1 win, 1 saver and 2 losses today which really is not good. The losing run continues, so perhaps closer scrutiny is required when selecting the matches to follow. The deficit was therefore £4.10, not a lot but nevertheless the downward trend continues. So the new total reads £40.35 and back to where we were perhaps a couple of weeks ago. Anyway tomorrow is another day and I will be back to cover. ;)

Delboy99

Mare
..... so after a hectic weekend, we are back to only one selection from German Bundesliga 3:-
Kaiserlautern v Hansa Rostock.
Over 2.50 goals backed and a small saver on the 1-1.
See how this one goes!;)

Delboy99

Mare
.... this system has very suddenly gone pear shaped without warning. The selected match for tonight just ended as a drab bore 0-0 draw after previously showing signs of goals in the pre match analysis. So another six quid sliced off the profits and we are now down to £34.35. Still winning you may say, but it does nothing for me when I see totals nose dive. Anyway we have a busy night tomorrow night where we have six qualifiers and none chopped for a change.
Norwich C v Bournemouth
Brentford v Swansea C
Cardiff C v Barnsley
Crewe A v Gillingham
Northampton T v M K Dons
Oldham A v Cheltenham T
Hoping to see some order restored here, it is badly needed. ;)

Delboy99

Mare
.... well, there was no change of fortunes tonight anywhere in sight. There were 3 losers, 1 saver and 2 winners making a deficit of £5.80 with paper funds getting slowly eroded after a decent start to the system. I have to question the source of selection, as the number of winning games is decreasing with almost every pick. So, going back to basics and using what I hope will turn out to be a more solid filter for capturing matches over 2.50 goals. So the overall paper total now reads £28.55 and on the slippery downward slope. So from tomorrow night we should see fewer games being selected but with a bit of luck, a more accurate picture forming. Back to cover tomorrow. ;)

Delboy99

Mare
.... Ok tried a new method of selection, let's see what happens here:-
Zenith St.Petersburg v Lazio UEFA
Genoa V Torino Ser A
Both backed at over 2.50 goals and 1-1 saver. ;)

Delboy99

Mare
..... two selections, no losses so a better night. The surplus was £7.40 so a welcome return to form, and when added to the paper total it now stands at £35.95 which is a little better position than where we were at last night. I did introduce a different filter so hoping this could be the start of better things to come. Only one selection for tomorrow night, which is detailed below. ;)

Delboy99

Mare
.... as I stated above, just the one selection for Thursday from the UEFA fixture list:-
Slavia Prague v Nice.
Backed at over 2.50 and the 1-1 saver.;)

Shauno

Yearling
..... two selections, no losses so a better night. The surplus was £7.40 so a welcome return to form, and when added to the paper total it now stands at £35.95 which is a little better position than where we were at last night. I did introduce a different filter so hoping this could be the start of better things to come. Only one selection for tomorrow night, which is detailed below. ;)
Zenit had a goal disallowed in the 92nd minute. Close to 2/2 Over 2.5.

Delboy99

Mare
.... as I stated above, just the one selection for Thursday from the UEFA fixture list:-
Slavia Prague v Nice.
Backed at over 2.50 and the 1-1 saver.;)
..... another welcome win for this selection and system since the introduction of another filter. Slavia Prague won 3-2 with plenty of goals giving us the over 2.50 goals. So a surplus again of £4.50 now makes the total £40.45. We go again today. ;)

Delboy99

Mare
.... OK we have just the one selection again from the French League:-
Strasbourg v Marseille
Backed at over 2.50 goals and the 1-1.
Looking for this to boost our total..;)

Delboy99

Mare
.... that was the first selection to fail since we changed the selection format a little. Strasbourg could only draw 0-0 so we lost £6 and the total reverts to
£34.45 and we go again tomorrow. ;)

Delboy99

Mare
.... 4 selections for tomorrow due to the tighter formula:-
Kagoshima U v Kumamoto Japan J3
Shanghai East Asia v Beijing Guoan China Super.
Elgin v Queens Park SFL2
Partick T v Falkirk SFL1
All backed at over 2.50 goals and 1-1 draw.;)

Delboy99

Mare
.... 4 selections today with 3 wins and 1 loss, Elgin letting the full house down with a 0-1 defeat.
So a surplus of £6.90 to carry forward making the new total £41.35. We go again tomorrow providing enough qualifiers. ;)

Delboy99

Mare
..... two selections for Sunday:-
Helsingborgs v I F K Goteborg
Vittorul Constanta v Dinamo Bucharest
See how these go. ;)

Delboy99

Mare
.... two selections with one winner and one loser. Helsingborgs lost by 0-1, not enough goals, and Vittorul Constanta won 2-1 and the over 2.50 goals. So unfortunately a small loss of £1.90 to make the total £39.45. We go again tomorrow and the selection is below. ;)