• Hi Guest, The forum will be moving hosts on 26 July and as such will be closed from Midday until the move has completed.
    As we will be with new hosts it may take a while before DNS get updated so it could take while before you can get back on the forum.
    I think it will take at least 4 hours but could easily be 48!
    Ark Royal
  • There seems to be a problem with some alerts not being emailed to members. I have told the hosts and they are investigating.
  • Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a 20% discount on Inform Racing.
    Simply enter the coupon code ukbettingform when subscribing here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Inform Racing so help is always available if needed.
    Best Wishes
    AR
  • Sorry for the ongoing issues that you may have been experiencing whilst using the forum lately

It really is frustrating when the forum slows down or Server Error 500 pops up.

Apparently the hosts acknowledge there is a problem.
    Thank you for using our services and sorry for the experienced delay!
    Unfortunately, these errors are due to a higher server load. Our senior department knows about the issue and they are working towards a permanent resolution of the issue, however, I'd advise you to consider using our new cPanel cloud solutions: https://www.tsohost.com/web-hosting

I will have to investigate what the differences are with what We have know compared to the alternative service they want us to migrate to.
    Keep safe.
    AR

Trainer & Jockeys - Only Runner That Day - Is it significant?

eeyore

Yearling
just of to work a certain M Johnston from Middleham has sent a horse 201 miles to Newmarket only runner and F Norton rides its
a outsider but the trainer has other entries at Ripon a fav and 3 second fav has the jockey picked right good luck what ever you do

No luck yesterday

Scholastic 2:05 Cheltenham
Flower of Scotland 3:50 Cheltenham
Party Planner 5:55 Newcastle
Fieldsman 8:25 Newcastle

Winnersforu

TomasZ

Yearling
sorry sent last post as just got home miss this one D Omeara travel 171miles to newmarket 15.00 summerghand with 1 runner its against odds fav
be lucky what ever you do off to bed

Lovely winer eeyore eeyore !! Well done 👏 💪🏻

Only one winner from my Lucky15. Got my stake back 🤣👍

eeyore

Yearling
Lovely winer @
eeyore
eeyore !! Well done 👏 💪🏻

Only one winner from my Lucky15. Got my stake back 🤣👍 glad you were on

today bangor 12.55 his dream Jonjo O'neill one runner jonjo o'neill jr one ride
6.30 brighton Fred M Johnston sends 293 miles only runner
5.15 nottingham tiger beetle S de sousa top jockey at course has 1 ride for M Stoute
bangor Elixir du gouet V Williams only runner and C deutch rides
win on each ew acc
sunday
Jim Goldie sends Euchen Glen 391 miles to Newbury 1.35
also its interesting R Hannon in the 3.20 has R L moore onboard nugget
3.35 at AYR Mister fogpatches only Irish runner trainer and jockey only one
win on each ew treble
that all folk be lucky what ever you do

eeyore

Yearling
windsor 15.10 siskany there four trainers with 1 runners in race but W Buick gone to Windsor for 1 ride
pontfract 14.30 musahaba D O'meara got 2 runners but the other 1 unraced
pontfract 14.00 warranty H WhIttington only runner got B Curtis onboard
market rasen 17.30 p bowen only runner and jockey only ride rooster cogburn
hexham 17.05 fly by milan N richards only runner B Hughes rides
good luck what ever you do
Well done eeyore eeyore with Nugget and Fogpatches placed 💪🏻
only placed thats the way it goes

mattyboy

Yearling
Not sure what others think, but I'd say one runner/ride on card is more significant in lower value races. Also, I suspect that if the jockey is booked early for non-obvious connections that can be a big advertisement for the horse's chances. By non-obvious, I mean not for the main yard/owner they ride for.
Certain trainers I think jockey booking can be key even if the horse seems to be out of form; eg: Tony Carroll, (Hollie Doyle booking a big positive for this yard),

eeyore

Yearling
just had a quick look tomorrow work getting in the way
interesting R Moore rides the other Irish runner in 14.15 chester nicest 11/2 not for A P O'brien in fact none for him
13.45 chester beauzon 6/1 d omeara only runner and jockey only ride
15.15 chester wirko 7/4 c appleby only runner
15.35 newton abbot heross du seuil 11/10 nico de bonville only runner n henderson have another runner at other meeting
19.10 kempton ransom 11/10 m stoute only runner
good luck what every you do