• Hi Guest, The forum will be moving hosts on 26 July and as such will be closed from Midday until the move has completed.
    As we will be with new hosts it may take a while before DNS get updated so it could take while before you can get back on the forum.
    I think it will take at least 4 hours but could easily be 48!
    Ark Royal
  • There seems to be a problem with some alerts not being emailed to members. I have told the hosts and they are investigating.
  • Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a 20% discount on Inform Racing.
    Simply enter the coupon code ukbettingform when subscribing here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Inform Racing so help is always available if needed.
    Best Wishes
    AR
  • Sorry for the ongoing issues that you may have been experiencing whilst using the forum lately

It really is frustrating when the forum slows down or Server Error 500 pops up.

Apparently the hosts acknowledge there is a problem.
    Thank you for using our services and sorry for the experienced delay!
    Unfortunately, these errors are due to a higher server load. Our senior department knows about the issue and they are working towards a permanent resolution of the issue, however, I'd advise you to consider using our new cPanel cloud solutions: https://www.tsohost.com/web-hosting

I will have to investigate what the differences are with what We have know compared to the alternative service they want us to migrate to.
    Keep safe.
    AR
  • Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a free 7 day trial of Horseracebase here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Horseracebase so help is always available if needed, as well as dedicated section of the fourm here.
    Best Wishes
    AR

The Fine Form Master Formula

Paddy

23-Aug-21 2:15 PM Brighton Porterinthejungle
23-Aug-21 3:15 PM Brighton Junoesque
23-Aug-21 3:30 PM Chepstow Secret Potion
23-Aug-21 5:35 PM Stratford Caramelised
23-Aug-21 6:35 PM Stratford Tel'Art
(Courtesy of the Racing Post)

Paddy

28-Aug-21, 3:55 PM, Newmarket, Live Your Dream (20.5 points)
28-Aug-21, 5:50 PM, Cartmel, Alqamar
(Courtesy of the Racing Post)

Paddy

4-Sep-21, 1:00 PM, Kempton, Lilkian
4-Sep-21, 1:55 PM, Stratford, Presentandcounting
4-Sep-21, 2:40 PM, Kempton, Hukum
(Racing Post)

Paddy

Maximums
--------
52 from 17th July to 4th Sept 21
19 winners
Strike rate 36.5%
Longest loosing streak 5
Longest winning streak 2
Loss on turnover (SP level stakes) 9.0%

Jackform

Gelding
Try a top-class non-hcap today with my latest emend of the formula.

Doncaster (going forecast GF watered showers)
2.10 Market expected 10.35 no's 1, 3, 4, 7, 9, 10 indicating an open contest.

1. Armor 9 tips (C&DD) (11/8 mkt) 26 = 6/1 Fineform fair odds. R Hannon/RL Moore
3. Cattura (D) (7/1) 27 = 11/2
9. Attagirl (D) (8/1) 25 = 6/1
10. Corazon 3 tips (D2) (15/2) 27 =11/2

Comment: Could we take on the strong fav Armor with a point on each of the other three?

ATR form verdict in comparison:
The Richard Hannon-trained ARMOR sets the clear standard on form, winning the Molecomb in highly impressive fashion on his penultimate start before running well when finishing fourth in the Morny on his latest outing, despite not being ideally placed. The son of No Nay Never returns to the minimum distance and should prove tough to beat, with Caturra tipped to follow him home after performing well when second under a penalty at York last time. Bond Chairman failed to settle when stepped up in trip on his latest start and can make a much greater impact now dropping back in distance.
Top Tip: ARMOR (1)
Watch out for: CATURRA (3)

Last edited:

Jackform

Gelding
Doncaster (GS with some S)
3.00 Market expected 09.05 no's 2, 3, 5 indicating win restricted to these.

2. Danyah 6 tips (5/2 mkt) 37 = 15/8 Fineform fair odds. LTO 49? -3lbs, +1cls? Asc 1/19 +shd , kept on all outjust held on.
3. Glorious Journey (3/1) 24 = 7/2. LTO 21, -2lbs, =cls, Yor 3/19 -1 3/4L disputed 2nd no extra finish.
5. Lanequash 9 tips (13/8) 26 = 3/1 LTO 28, =wgt, =cls, Nby. 2/10 -1L chased winner kept on not pace to challenge (reported lost right hind shoe)

Comment: I agree with ATR verdict except at current early market odds I would bet Lanequash with a saver on Danyah

LANEQASH displayed plenty of promise on his first couple of starts as a juvenile and he confirmed those efforts when finishing a fine second in the Hungerford at Newbury on his return to action. Roger Varian's colt is expected to improve on that performance and remains unexposed ahead of his fifth career start. Danyah has progressed through the handicap ranks and arrives having landed the International at Ascot in July. The step up in class is unlikely to inconvenience him, while the Charlie Appleby pair, Glorious Journey and D'bai, appear best of the remainder.
Top Tip: LANEQASH (5)
Watch out for: DANYAH (2)

Jackform

Gelding
We are now into the racing for hay and feed time of the season on the Flat turf as indicated by the old saw about the St Leger,'Winter flies in on the tail of the last horse home in the St Leger?' - and the size of the fields at Haydock seems to bear that out :D .

Bath (going forecast F)
3.55 Market expected 09.40 no's 1, 3, 4, 5, 6 indicating a win restricted to these. Theoretical strong fav 9/4, possible contenders 9/2 to 9/1, not expected longer than 9/1 (not considered no's 11, 12, 13 all out of the long hcap).

1. Chipstead 5 tips C2) (5/2 mkt) 35 = 11/2 Fineform fair odds
3. Airshow 1 tip (C&D) (8/1) 35 = 11/2
4. Sarah's Verse (C&D3BF) (15/2) 24 = 17/2
5. Cherish 2 tips (C3D) 9/2) 36 = 11/2
6. Red Alert (C&D4) (13/2) 27 = 15/2

Comment: Looks a tight contest on paper and missing the kick could be critical. Omitting the bottom three Timeform have the field within 5lbs, 96 Chipstead to bottom 91. Just for interest I go one point each Chipstead, Airshow, Cherish.

CHERISH made it three course wins and five victories from her last six starts when digging deep to score over 5f here last month. A further 3lb rise may not be enough to anchor the thriving filly with talented apprentice Mollie Phillips again taking off a handy 5lb. Experienced stablemate Red Alert must also enter calculations after recording a fourth C&D win last time, as must Airshow, who landed back-to-back course handicaps before finishing second at Chepstow most recently.
Top Tip: CHERISH (5)
Watch out for: RED ALERT (6)

Jackform

Gelding
Dip my toe in the water for this first time over the jumps in the early season.

Worcester (going forecast G watering rain) RP Spotlight selects Bathiva (5 pundits agree 9 oppose)
2.50 Market expected 09.55 no's 2, 4 indicating a win restricted to these. Theoretical strong fav 8/11, Possible contenders 6/4 to 3/1, not expected longer than 3/1 (Admirals Sunset not considered as out of the long hcap).

1. 30 = 10/3 Fineform fair odds (7/2 mkt) (2 tips (C&D2) Pisgah Pike)
2*. 39 = 95/40 (2/1) 6 tips (C&DD2) Bathiva
3. 15 = 15/2 (7/1) 2 tips
4*. 22 = 5/1 (11/4) 2 tips (C&DD) Mercian Prince
5? 25 = 9/2 (9/2) 3 tips

Comment: Bathiva for me.

BATHIVA has been in excellent form this season and can complete the hat-trick here. The seven-year-old also has experience in small fields which could prove vital in this contest. Admiral's Sunset is another chasing a third consecutive victory but might find this a tougher assignment. Pisgah Pike has recorded some promising displays in novice company and is not to be underestimated if getting an easy lead.
Top Tip: BATHIVA (2)
Watch out for: PISGAH PIKE (1)

Jackform

Gelding
Yarmouth (going forecast GF showers) RP Spotlight selects Global Esteem (3 pundits agree 8 oppose)
2.55 Market expected 09.40 no's 1,3 5, 6 indicating an open contest. Theoretical strong fav 6/4, possible contender 3/1 to 6/1, not expected longer than 6/1.

1. 12 = 8/1 Fineform fair odds (9/2 mkt) 2 tips
2. 14 = 13/2 (9/1) 1 tip
3. 12 = 8/1 (9/2) (Maxi Boy LTO 10 (C) )
4. 0 = ? (11/1)
5. 30 = 5/2 (6/4) 6 tips (C&DC) Farhh To Shy. LTO 21 , -4lbs, +1cls? Yar*. 1/8* +1 1/4L, ridden kept on well readily*.
6. 28 = 11/4 (6/1) 4 tips (C) Global Esteem> LTO 60? -18lbs*, +2 grades? Nby. 2/7 -2L, ridden hard pressed headed kept on
7. 10 = 10/1 (14/1) 1 tip

Comment: On balance I take Farrh To Shy up in class but a good recent course winner.

Michael Bell has had his string in fine form lately and MAXI BOY can make the most of a drop in grade here. Winless since a debut success at this venue in 2019, Rossa Ryan's mount has shown more than enough in recent starts to suggest that he is capable of ending the losing streak in this company. Farhh To Shy impressed when scoring on her handicap debut over C&D and she must hold every chance off 5lb higher. Dazzling Dan is another to consider stepping back up in trip.
Top Tip: MAXI BOY (3)
Watch out for: FARHH TO SHY (5)

Jackform

Gelding
Yarmouth (gointg forecast GS) RP Spotlight selects Chance (3 pundits agree 7 oppose)
3.20 Market expected 10.25* no's 2, 5, 6 indicating an open contest. Theoretical strong fav 1/1, possible contenders 2/1 to 4/1, not expected longer than 4/1.

2*. 21 = 11/4 Fineform fair odds (9/4 mkt) Chance 4 tips (D2 ). LTO 22, =wgt, =cls, Nby. 8/11 -6 3/4L? Soon weajened gradually. M Johnston/S de Sousa
3. 11 = 6/1 (12/1)
4. 0 =? (8/1)
5*. 20 = 3/1 (9/5) Ajyaall 5 tips (BF). LTO 12, =1lb, +1 grade? Asc. 2/8 -3/4L every chance kept on no chance with winner. W Haggas/TMarquand
6*. 27 = 15/8 (11/4) Dejame Paso 2 tips (D). LTO 27, +5lbs, =cls, Yor. 9/14 -6L? Ridden no impression. A Balding/W Buick

Comment: Ajyaall for me as Haggas is the top track trainer and hope the yard got it right this time.

ATR form verdic in comparison:
Marie's Diamond (non-runner)didn't get things his own way when last seen at Ripon and can be forgiven that run. The five-year-old could be dangerous if getting an easy lead and is not to be underestimated. However, a chance is taken on AJYAALL, who posted a good second at Ascot when last seen and could have more to offer at this level. Chance is another to consider if building on his return from a lengthy absence at Newbury.
Top Tip: AJYAALL (5)
Watch out for: MARIE'S DIAMOND (1)