• Hi Guest, The forum will be moving hosts on 26 July and as such will be closed from Midday until the move has completed.
    As we will be with new hosts it may take a while before DNS get updated so it could take while before you can get back on the forum.
    I think it will take at least 4 hours but could easily be 48!
    Ark Royal
  • There seems to be a problem with some alerts not being emailed to members. I have told the hosts and they are investigating.
  • Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a 20% discount on Inform Racing.
    Simply enter the coupon code ukbettingform when subscribing here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Inform Racing so help is always available if needed.
    Best Wishes
    AR
  • Sorry for the ongoing issues that you may have been experiencing whilst using the forum lately

It really is frustrating when the forum slows down or Server Error 500 pops up.

Apparently the hosts acknowledge there is a problem.
    Thank you for using our services and sorry for the experienced delay!
    Unfortunately, these errors are due to a higher server load. Our senior department knows about the issue and they are working towards a permanent resolution of the issue, however, I'd advise you to consider using our new cPanel cloud solutions: https://www.tsohost.com/web-hosting

I will have to investigate what the differences are with what We have know compared to the alternative service they want us to migrate to.
    Keep safe.
    AR

Snooker

The Hare

Yearling
Yes, Murphy was much netter this morning and Bingham last night. Don't know why Selby appeared to go into a shell last night yet back to normal self today. Mood swings alike that are not a good sign. Hopefully he is ok.

Wilson has a tendency to give away leads which is worrying but will battle on. Great night.

Delboy99

Mare
.... great for Murphy. Who would have banked on him peaking at the World Championship. A truly remarkable performance to come from nowhere and show us all just what he is capable of. ;)

The Hare

Yearling
my odds amy odds bbookies abookies b
Mark Selby
Shaun Murphy
1.50​
2.63​

Well the odds for the Final. Murphy looks the ideal bet here on limited early Bookmaker odds. A close game - 14-12 to Selby on Head to Head games and Murphy playing his very best.

I thought Delboy he would return to much better form this week. He has been badly affected by Covid and isolation and not getting home this year. Did very well last season and then his manager died and young child was not well. good to see him showing his best and the performance against Wilson today was sensational. Slight value on my ratings and likely to rate higher on past years.

Same manager as well!

Delboy99

Mare
..... so we are underway and been watching how it is unfolding. Selby just pulled a frame back and currently it is 5-4 Murphy. Long way to go yet and anything can happen and usually does. So just a question of getting slouched in one's comfy chair and watching the action. Would not like to call it this early. ;)

Delboy99

Mare
..... so day 1 and it ends Selby ..... 10 v Murphy ..... 7. On the balance of play looks like it was rightly deserved and may have to rely on a Murphy fight back to avoid a Selby landslide. The Grinder continues to grind away happily. ;)

The Hare

Yearling
Need a Murphy attempt to speed the game up today. Can't imagine he can outwit Selby though. £300,000 too much for one game and makes it a little too much foe the players to play a flowing game. One of the problems of Hearn's game is the moeny is too top heavy.

Delboy99

Mare
..... watched quite a bit of the match this afternoon and it was largely dominated by Selby I thought. There was an odd flash of inspiration from Murphy near the end of the session, which saw him reduce the arrears. To be honest I did not think that the balls were running for him today either, which tends to make life a little more difficult when you are playing catchup mainly. Would like to see an early flash of brilliance from Shaun and show that we have a match on our hands. ;)

Delboy99

Mare
.... so it was not to be Shaun’s year after all! To be honest it always looked like Selby would take it, and particularly when he edged ahead after the early Murphy lead. Mind you it was a brave shot Murphy took on which proved to be his final contribution to the match when the acute corner shot stayed out. To me it never really looked on as it was almost at right angles to cut finely along the cushion and then to pop down the pocket. He could not afford to miss it yet he still went for it! Mind you he gave a brilliant speech at the end and won himself a lot of friends and fans. ;)

Delboy99

Mare
The World Seniors Snooker Championship gets underway on Thursday afternoon at the Crucible Theatre in Sheffield as some of the greatest players ever to pick up a cue battle it out for the superb trophy won by Jimmy White for the last two years. White is back to defend his title, but he will have to contend with former world champions in Stephen Hendry, Ken Doherty, John Parrott, Dennis Taylor and Joe Johnson, along with other contenders still on the main tour including David Lilley and Brazil’s Igor Figueiredo. Unfortunately there will not be fans to see the action, but all the matches will be available through BBC channels. When is the World Seniors Snooker Championship? The tournament runs from Thursday 6 – Sunday 9 May at the Crucible Theatre, Sheffield.
Play is being shown over two sessions each day, starting at midday and 7pm. They will be shown on the BBC Red Button, iPlayer and the BBC Sport website and app. Outside the UK you can watch the event on Matchroom.Live. ;)

The Hare

Yearling
Limited interest in Seniors I suppose, after White amazing comeback in last year's Final, Doherty will be looking for revenge. Hendry is better than last year. Here are my ratings for the matches, the non professionals and Hendry I have little form for so ratings are cautious. On my Professional ratings a rating of 10.0 is average so basically a Low class event.

Too late for odds on first game! Figueiredo and Lilley would be the outsiders for me.

RATE ARATE BODDS AODDS BBOOKIES ABOOKIES B
Ken DohertyJoe Johnson10.54#N/A#N/A#N/A1.0134.00
David LilleyPhilip Williams8.10#N/A#N/A#N/A1.088.00
Barry PinchesDennis Taylor6.73#N/A#N/A#N/A1.0221.00
Michael JudgePatrick Wallace10.287.201.512.961.622.40
Stephen HendryPatsy Fagan5.64#N/A#N/A#N/A1.0134.00
Igor FigueiredoJohn Parrott10.18#N/A#N/A#N/A1.0221.00
Lee WalkerDarren Morgan8.106.821.722.38
Jimmy WhiteTony Knowles8.18#N/A#N/A#N/A1.0415.00

Delboy99

Mare
Limited interest in Seniors I suppose, after White amazing comeback in last year's Final, Doherty will be looking for revenge. Hendry is better than last year. Here are my ratings for the matches, the non professionals and Hendry I have little form for so ratings are cautious. On my Professional ratings a rating of 10.0 is average so basically a Low class event.

Too late for odds on first game! Figueiredo and Lilley would be the outsiders for me.

RATE ARATE BODDS AODDS BBOOKIES ABOOKIES B
Ken DohertyJoe Johnson10.54#N/A#N/A#N/A1.0134.00
David LilleyPhilip Williams8.10#N/A#N/A#N/A1.088.00
Barry PinchesDennis Taylor6.73#N/A#N/A#N/A1.0221.00
Michael JudgePatrick Wallace10.287.201.512.961.622.40
Stephen HendryPatsy Fagan5.64#N/A#N/A#N/A1.0134.00
Igor FigueiredoJohn Parrott10.18#N/A#N/A#N/A1.0221.00
Lee WalkerDarren Morgan8.106.821.722.38
Jimmy WhiteTony Knowles8.18#N/A#N/A#N/A1.0415.00
... so if 10.0 is average are we saying that Stephen Hendry is rated the worst player here? And Ken Doherty is expected to win? ;)

Delboy99

Mare
Patsy Fagan back at the Crucible at 70 and warns Stephen Hendry: ‘I’m dangerous, I’m not expecting to lose’.

Patsy Fagan back at the Crucible at 70 and warns Stephen Hendry: ‘I’m dangerous, I’m not expecting to lose’ Comment author image Phil HaighThursday 6 May 2021 10:24 am 36Shares Patsy Fagan Patsy Fagan is back at snooker’s most famous venue (Pictures: Getty/World Seniors Snooker) Patsy Fagan is back at the Crucible 36 years after he last played there and has it tough against seven-time world champion Stephen Hendry, but has warned him: ‘I’m going there and I’m not expecting to lose.’ The first ever winner of the UK Championship has not played at the Crucible since losing to Ray Reardon in the second round of the 1985 World Championship, but he is back in 2021 for the World Seniors Championship. Five months after his 70th birthday, the Irishman is not the player who had a claim to be one of the finest on the planet when he won the UK Championship and Dry Blackthorn Cup in 1977, but he can still perform. ‘I’m a bit dangerous, if I have a good day I’m dangerous and would probably beat a lot of them.
‘I’m playing okay, I’m a little bit inconsistent, I can miss an easy one here and there which is not very good when you’re playing good players. ‘But I think I’ve got a chance, let’s put it that way. I’m going there and I’m not expecting to lose, I’m going there trying to win and I think I can. ‘You’ve got to believe, if you don’t believe in yourself then you’re in trouble.’ Fagan’s superb tournament-winning triumphs may be over 40 years ago but you clearly don’t lose the mentality of a champion. This will be Patsy’s sixth appearance at the Crucible having played in five World Championships in his pomp and picking up some memorable wins.
His last defeat to Reardon came after beating Willie Thorne in round one, while the 1978 tournament saw him beat Alex Higgins 13-12 in the first round. ‘It’s a beautiful venue,’ said Fagan. ‘Good memories, not all good, but you know. That match against Alex was a great match be involved in, very exciting, 13-12. ‘It’s a tough ask in there, when it’s going good it’s great, but when it’s going bad it’s very difficult.’ Fagan has been playing some Seniors snooker in recent years, but admits that he never imagined being back at the sport’s spiritual home all these years later. ‘Well no you wouldn’t would you?’ Fagan said. ‘You wouldn’t, not after all that time, going back to playing there and playing the King of the Crucible as well. ‘You wouldn’t really have chose that draw because you want to go further in the tournament, but they’re all good. ‘He’s just so at home in the place, seven-times world champion, but it is what it is, you’ve got to play well to beat any of them.’
The end of Patsy’s playing career coincided with the start of Hendry’s with them both competing in some of the same events in the mid-1980s, but they have never faced each other on the baize before. Fagan remembers his first round opponent bursting onto the scene as a teenager and has watched him go on to become a legend of the sport. The Irishman has the Scot as number two on the Greatest Of All Time list behind Ronnie O’Sullivan, but does feel that Hendry will hold off the Rocket and hang onto his World Championship record of seven. ‘Oh yeah I remember him coming on the scene when he was very young,’ said the former UK champ. ‘A lot of people say he’s the greatest of all time, for me I would put him at number two with Ronnie in front of him. ;)

The Hare

Yearling
... so if 10.0 is average are we saying that Stephen Hendry is rated the worst player here? And Ken Doherty is expected to win?
Hello Delboy

That is correct! However you have to realise that most players I have very little information. So 6 I have no matches for, Morgan, Wallace, Judge and Hendry I have less than 10 games - mostly last year senior events. IN Hendry's case he is taking it much more seriously now. The other 6 players have lots of data as all Full Rime Professionals. Doherty was 4-0 up in the Final last year and lost 5-4!! But there is very little between Doherty, Judge and Figueiredo on ratings - best of 7 that would be 4-3 to the higher rating to maintain the same rating.

Trump rating is around 28 for reference.

Delboy99

Mare
Hello Delboy

That is correct! However you have to realise that most players I have very little information. So 6 I have no matches for, Morgan, Wallace, Judge and Hendry I have less than 10 games - mostly last year senior events. IN Hendry's case he is taking it much more seriously now. The other 6 players have lots of data as all Full Rime Professionals. Doherty was 4-0 up in the Final last year and lost 5-4!! But there is very little between Doherty, Judge and Figueiredo on ratings - best of 7 that would be 4-3 to the higher rating to maintain the same rating.

..... Trump is not a veteran though so should have no rating as far as the old pros go. If all are included then some allowance needs to be built in to cater for age and less dexterity etc. Does age enter into it and probably past experience as well as ability I guess. ;)

Outlander

Gelding
Hello Delboy

after watching the first frame I would be amazed if Fagan got a frame, and amazed if Hendry won the tournament.
Great watching these old boys, looking forward to watching one of my favourites Joe Johnson, when he beat Steve Davis at his pomp with such style it was one of the best performances at the crucible, I know he is going to be absolutely useless now but still looking forward to it.

Delboy99

Mare
..... Hendry through by 3-0 and a final break of 81. Not much room for margin of error though. First to three and the best of five frames. Not enough to do anyone justice. Poor old Patsy Fagan broke off in what proved to be the final frame, and never got another shot. If we are going to have an old timers tournament, at least make it less of a gamble and make it over 11 or so. This is so pathetic! ;)

The Hare

Yearling
Trump is not a veteran though so should have no rating as far as the old pros go. If all are included then some allowance needs to be built in to cater for age and less dexterity etc. Does age enter into it and probably past experience as well as ability I guess.
The ratings are for the main snooker tournaments. I just include players who are current 128 professionals, those that lsot their place in previous 2 seasons and anyone who has done well on the Qualifying tour and is likely to get a Wildcard or those players who had Wildcards in the past. THen if they play each other in Seniors and are on my ratings I include them.

The results are the last 2 years, I have 189 pplayers on my list and alter at end of each season. These are the current Top 9 on the list.
RAT
Judd Trump
27.0​
John Higgins
24.4​
Mark Selby
23.0​
Neil Robertson
22.1​
Ronnie O'Sullivan
21.9​
Mark Williams
20.9​
Shaun Murphy
20.6​
Barry Hawkins
20.2​
Stuart Bingham
20.0​

The Hare

Yearling
So after Day 1 the draw is now like this - I have included Ranking position on my ratings for information. As I say 189 players. Only the results that I had both players on my list are now on my results - Morgan and Wallace wins. Today all matches have 1 player unrated. As I say Hendry, Morgan and Wallace all have very few results so their rating is more unreliable. Though Hendry took some warming up yesterday!
ABRATE ARATE BRANK ARANK B
Ken DohertyJoe Johnson
10.51​
#N/A​
74​
David Lilley
8.07​
111​
Barry PinchesDennis Taylor
6.70​
#N/A​
139​