• Hi Guest, The forum will be moving hosts on 26 July and as such will be closed from Midday until the move has completed.
    As we will be with new hosts it may take a while before DNS get updated so it could take while before you can get back on the forum.
    I think it will take at least 4 hours but could easily be 48!
    Ark Royal
  • There seems to be a problem with some alerts not being emailed to members. I have told the hosts and they are investigating.
  • Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a 20% discount on Inform Racing.
    Simply enter the coupon code ukbettingform when subscribing here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Inform Racing so help is always available if needed.
    Best Wishes
    AR
  • Sorry for the ongoing issues that you may have been experiencing whilst using the forum lately

It really is frustrating when the forum slows down or Server Error 500 pops up.

Apparently the hosts acknowledge there is a problem.
    Thank you for using our services and sorry for the experienced delay!
    Unfortunately, these errors are due to a higher server load. Our senior department knows about the issue and they are working towards a permanent resolution of the issue, however, I'd advise you to consider using our new cPanel cloud solutions: https://www.tsohost.com/web-hosting

I will have to investigate what the differences are with what We have know compared to the alternative service they want us to migrate to.
    Keep safe.
    AR

Snooker

Delboy99

Mare

Mark Allen's World Snooker Championship challenge hanging by a thread against Mark Selby.

Mark Allen's World Snooker Championship chances are once again hanging by a thread, but the Antrim ace at least showed some of the battling attributes he will need to complete a fightback against Mark Selby.
For a player as accomplished as Allen, a five-time ranking event and one-time Masters winner, his recent record at Sheffield's Crucible Theatre is mystifyingly sub-par.
Just one quarter-final appearance in the past decade, with first and second-round exits the norm, is certainly not reflective of his talent, but the second round looks set to be the insurmountable obstacle once again in 2021.
Allen trails three-time world champion Selby 9-6 heading into this evening's third and final session, with 13 frames the target for a coveted place in the last-eight.
Things could have been even bleaker, given he was 6-2 down heading into Sunday afternoon, but the Northern Irishman dug deep to close the gap by a frame.
His average shot time for the season is a shade over 20 seconds but, in this match, it has been hovering around 26.3 seconds - showing a grit and willingness to graft that hasn't always been present in his Crucible performances, but is necessary to match the ultimate grinder in Selby.
Allen needed a fast start yesterday and a composed break of 67 proved enough to take the first frame, although Selby hit back with a brilliant 135 in the next.
The pair then split the next two lengthy frames to leave the score at 8-4 but Allen wasn't planning to go quietly, as runs of 78 and 75 after the mid-session interval suddenly narrowed the deficit to just two frames.
With play overrunning, frame 15 would prove to be the last of the day and unfortunately for the Northern Irishman, Selby hit his stride as a break of 66 ensured his overnight lead stands at 9-6 rather than the much-more palatable 8-7.
The Englishman is still four frames away from victory however, so Allen's chances aren't over, even if the world No.13 will have to dig deeper than ever this evening if he is to end his recent Crucible hoodoo. ;)

Outlander

Gelding
So far pretty dull stuff, 90% of matches one sided from the beginning.
If it wasn’t for some superb entertainment from Mark Williams, I would say it is by far the most mind numbingly boring World Championship I’ve ever seen.
The hispter crowd on BBC keep raving about the quality, I haven’t seen it myself, players playing badly Trump, Robertson, Murphy, Selby beating up players who don’t even deserve losers money after those efforts Yan, Allen, Lisowsski, Gilbert.
Its woeful stuff, I hope Williams keeps treating it with the contempt it deserves and goes all the way, if not him then Wilson at least he never disgraces himself and you always get a decent level off him.

The Hare

Yearling
MINE 1MINE 2BOOK 1BOOK 2
Anthony McGill
Stuart Bingham
2.20​
1.73​
Mark Williams
Mark Selby
2.80​
1.44​
Neil Robertson
Kyren Wilson
1.40​
3.10​
Shaun Murphy
Judd Trump
4.00​
1.28​

My Quarter Final odds. Wilson slight value against in form Robertson. Bingham and Trump a little more value. Murphy is surely better than current rating and Trump will hopefully show closer to his best this round. Williams v Selby again falls into The Too Good TO Be True category. He has played so well for the last 2 months but will Selby allow him to play his attacking game here? As I say when my prices differ greatly they are usually wrong, Selby is rated low as his terrible form of last season and modest efforts on the run up to this event drag him down a little. At his very best he was usually 2nd to Ronnie on my ratings and Williams is now around his very highest. These are the comparisons of the positions on my Rankings and the Current World Rankings including this event:

MINEWORLD
Judd Trump
1​
1​
Neil Robertson
3​
4​
Mark Williams
4​
11​
Mark Selby
6​
3​
Stuart Bingham
8​
16​
Kyren Wilson
10​
5​
Shaun Murphy
11​
6​
Anthony McGill
15​
15​

@ O Outlander you are being a little unkind on Lisowski in the post above, he had patches of good play and Allen but somewhat erratic from session to session.

I forgot that Robertson had the advantage of an easy run up to the competition with few matches this year which may hold him in good stead, Murphy and MCGill have also not played much this season or in Murphy's case been in poor form - Covid affecting his travels.

I think at the prices Bingham would be my best bet with perhaps Williams at the big price.

As you say @ O Outlander hopefully more competitive now,

The Hare

Yearling
Anthony McGill
Stuart Bingham
Mark Williams
Mark Selby
Neil Robertson
Kyren Wilson
Shaun Murphy
Judd Trump

These are the odds i get based on the average of all ratings in 2021 for both players. So much closer on the Selby game but Roberson bigger and Trump a bit shorter. I suppose the saying is Form is Temporary and class is Permanent.

Delboy99

Mare
Neil Robertson
Kyren Wilson
.... I personally think that Kyren Wilson looks tremendous value according to your odds. On his day he is very capable of destroying Robertson particularly if Robertson is that little bit off. Great posting though and brings out the interest in snooker. At this price it would be a great value bet having a bob or two on Kyren. ;)

The Hare

Yearling
This table is my Position for the players left in after the World Championships each season, obviously 2021 current position.
2021​
2020​
2019​
2018​
2017​
2016​
2015​
Judd Trump
1​
2​
2​
5​
3​
2​
2​
Neil Robertson
3​
3​
3​
10​
7​
4​
5​
Mark Williams
4​
10​
10​
3​
12​
13​
8​
Mark Selby
6​
4​
6​
4​
1​
3​
6​
Stuart Bingham
8​
12​
5​
11​
8​
10​
4​
Kyren Wilson
10​
8​
8​
7​
17​
16​
43​
Shaun Murphy
11​
5​
20​
15​
10​
7​
3​
Anthony McGill
15​
19​
48​
23​
30​
21​
18​

This is perhaps the best guide as it shows how high players can get.

So Delboy on my season average ratings Wilson is good value at 3.1 and certainly has a chance but has not progressed on my ratings the last 4 years. Good luck for your bet though.

tacker

Mare
I think the snooker has been good, long gone are the days when players likr Terry Griffiths or Cliff Thorburn were able to prosper by way of boring the opposition to death. We have lost both O'sullivan and Higgins who many might have thought might have won it, in the past we would have one player dominate every year such has Steve Davis , Hendry, Spencer or Dracula but even though Trump is favourite there is a sense that many of those still in it can win it.

My fancy to win it Robertson has had to cope with two dangerous opponents in Wembo & Lisowski, the latter playing really well and if he holds his form will be very difficult to beat imo.

Delboy99

Mare

Neil Robertson in control of quarter-final against Kyren Wilson.

Former champion Neil Robertson recorded two centuries as he established a 5-3 lead over Kyren Wilson in their quarter-final of the Betfred World Snooker Championship.​

Breaks of 100 and 105, along with an extraordinary fluke on the blue in the fifth frame, helped Robertson into a 4-1 lead before Wilson reduced his deficit with a break of 76.
Robertson took a lengthy seventh frame before last year's runner-up Wilson claimed the last of the session following confusion over whether he was 67 or 65 in front when he ran out of position with five reds remaining.
With referee Jan Verhaas establishing that Wilson was 65 points ahead that meant Robertson had the opportunity to snatch victory with a clearance, but the left-handed Australian crucially missed a long blue into the corner pocket. Stuart Bingham and Anthony McGill were locked together at 4-4 following their first session, 2015 champion Bingham recovering from 2-0 down with the aid of two centuries.
Bingham was so frustrated at missing a red while on a break of 60 in the third frame that he almost punched the table, but McGill was unable to take advantage and Bingham won the next with a break of 64 and recorded the 500th century of his career with a 122 clearance to lead 3-2.

Looks tight, Robertson does not appear to be getting things all his own way, so anything could happen here in the next session. ;)

The Hare

Yearling
Well done Delboy. Wilson sucked Robertson in to his worst game yesterday and could never recover. Glad that at least Wilson showed his form today. Be a tough semi whoever he plays. Selby is still awesome and at least that result will return his rating on mine to closer to his ability.

Should be closer this afternoon. Will have ratings for the semis later.

Delboy99

Mare
END OF SESSION: Judd Trump (Eng) 6-10 Shaun Murphy (Eng)

how about that for a headline!!!!

I watched a lot of this earlier and Shaun Murphy is there because he deserves to be! He played out of his skin and really shows just how dangerous he can be when he hits form. Looking at his play, he looked more like a number 1 than Trump did, and he really must be fired up for that final session later tonight. I would like to see him win here as I get the feeling lately that Judd is getting just a little too big for his boots, and it would be nice to see a face who has not been around in a final for a while.;)

The Hare

Yearling
Well the Trump fightback just failed. Selby remains outstanding and now up to 3rd on my ratings after the wide margin win but way too short with the Bookmakers tomorrow. These are my Current Odds Prediction and Best Bookies odds.
ODDS AODDS BBOOK ABOOK B
Mark Selby
Stuart Bingham
Kyren Wilson
Shaun Murphy
And average odds for all 2021 results
ODDS AODDS B
Mark Selby
Stuart Bingham
Kyren Wilson
Shaun Murphy
As Murphy has had a poor season the curren is more accurate and basically spot on with the bookmakers.
Bingham is too big a price for the other semi though as I say when they differ by a large margin there is usually a reason. Selby is obviously playing very well and this margin between my prices and bookies is really too great to be confident.

Current Ranking Positions are - Selby up 3 but Bingham down a couple. Two close games I suspect.
Mark Selby
3​
Kyren Wilson
7​
Shaun Murphy
9​
Stuart Bingham
10​

I think @ Delboy99 Delboy99 in the case of Trump he perhaps just got too confident at winning everything, though his decline since has also coincided with him buying a house and returning to the Bristol area which was surely a distraction in something that was working well. That may be the reason though he will surely return to his best next season when he adjusts.

Delboy99

Mare
I think @
Delboy99
Delboy99 in the case of Trump he perhaps just got too confident at winning everything,
..... I think that perhaps he thought he was so far out there unopposed for so long, that he was a little invincible. As you say, I think he will be back probably stronger and most probably wiser after finding a cap that fits his head again. He made a partial recovery tonight against Murphy and I thought at one stage that he might just do it, but then Murphy held his nerve and got over the line. Maybe this new found confidence may just about help him peak at the right time, could be an interesting encounter with Kyren and if he holds steady, he could just about clinch it I feel. Selby is looking strong though and he has the experience behind him. Bring on the action! ;)

Delboy99

Mare
Earlier: Mark Selby (Eng) 4-4 Stuart Bingham (Eng) - continues 10:00 BST on Friday

Looks like Bingham is capable of hanging on in there swapping blow for blow.
Could be interesting to see just how this one turns out. Grinder versus Slogger. ;)

The Hare

Yearling
Wilson outstanding last night, though perhaps Murphy had a bit of a reaction to the Trump win. Be hard for Murphy though if WIlson can maintain that form, he seems to like 1 table action.

Selby and Bingham very close. Said all Selby semis have been very close and get to at least 17-15 so this seems no different.

Delboy99

Mare
...... latest positions in the semi finals:-
Mark Selby 9 Stuart Bingham 7
Kyren Wilson 10 Shaun Murphy 6

So a way to go yet, it could be a Selby v Wilson final but a lot can happen in the game of snooker, so will be interesting to see actually just what happens. ;)

Outlander

Gelding
...... latest positions in the semi finals:-
Mark Selby 9 Stuart Bingham 7
Kyren Wilson 10 Shaun Murphy 6

So a way to go yet, it could be a Selby v Wilson final but a lot can happen in the game of snooker, so will be interesting to see actually just what happens. ;)
I’m hoping for a Bingham v Wilson final
Credit to Selby he has been solid, but he tends to anaesthetise me too much
Wilson is like teak, doesn’t even need to play well to get other players stressing.Really the best out there for bouncing back from adversity too. When he gave those 53 points away for the snooker, some players would take all day to get over that, took Wilson a matter of minutes.Mentally tough player.
I think Wilson deserves a World Championship so I will be routing for him

Delboy99

Mare
Mentally tough player.
I think Wilson deserves a World Championship so I will be routing for him
.... I think it was Jimmy White earlier today, tipping Kyren to become the next big World Champion. Could be as he is made of strong stuff and shows little emotion and signs of stress whilst playing. ;)

Delboy99

Mare
..... the semis drawing towards a stirring conclusion. Currently:-
Kyren Wilson 12 Shaun Murphy 12.
Mark Selby 16 Stuart Bingham 15
Hard to call anything at this stage as they are all giving their all. Murphy in particular has come back strongle after being four frames behind. So it is eyes down and expect everything in tonight's showdown. ;)