• Hi Guest, The forum will be moving hosts on 26 July and as such will be closed from Midday until the move has completed.
    As we will be with new hosts it may take a while before DNS get updated so it could take while before you can get back on the forum.
    I think it will take at least 4 hours but could easily be 48!
    Ark Royal
  • There seems to be a problem with some alerts not being emailed to members. I have told the hosts and they are investigating.
  • Sorry for the ongoing issues that you may have been experiencing whilst using the forum lately

It really is frustrating when the forum slows down or Server Error 500 pops up.

Apparently the hosts acknowledge there is a problem.
    Thank you for using our services and sorry for the experienced delay!
    Unfortunately, these errors are due to a higher server load. Our senior department knows about the issue and they are working towards a permanent resolution of the issue, however, I'd advise you to consider using our new cPanel cloud solutions: https://www.tsohost.com/web-hosting

I will have to investigate what the differences are with what We have know compared to the alternative service they want us to migrate to.
    Keep safe.
    AR

Martin's "Inform Racing" System

MartinK

Filly
Two horses have become qualifiers (they were short favs last night, but have now drifted to decent odds):
Wincanton 12.10 Electron Bleu, 6-1
Wincanton 2.12 Lots Of Luck, 4-1
... but I won't be counting them in system profit/loss figures, because one of this system's principles is early prices.
Electron Bleu ... 6th
Lots Of Luck ... 3rd
AS EXPECTED!

Wizardry7

Filly
I have had 5 winners from 12 so far at BSP's of 2.08, 4.1, 2.53, 2.71 and 3.2. All straight win bets as the place prices were too short. Only one placed from the losers just about getting my money back on that one. Other each ways all unplaced.

I have 6 tonight at Chelmsford. Win or 80/20 each way depending on the place odds.
5.30. Newbolt
6.00. Dazzling Rock
6.30. Nigel Nott
8.00. Invincible Larne
8.30. Pope Gregory
9.00. Muraaqeb

My attachemnt shows my winner Caen Na Coille. Using my chosen filters, the Inform Betting Tissue said the horse had a 99.8 chance of winning and won at 5/2. Caen.PNG

Wizardry7

Filly
Not a great evening but ended up just over 1.5pts on the day. Think selections that start favs, 2nd favs or under (5 or 6 ?) BSP may be best for straight win bets and ignore the bigger odds horses for each way. Looks like 14 possibles tomorrow.

MartinK

Filly
FRI 20 NOV:
Chepstow 12.30 The Grey Falco, 9-1
Chepstow 1.40 Ballybough Nora, 7-1
Chepstow 4.00 Tactical Manoeuvre, 11-1
Catterick 2.58 Ask Paddy, 10-3
Ascot 3.15 Onefortheroadtom, 6-1
Ascot 3.45 Certainly Red, 11-2

Wizardry7

Filly
FRI 20 NOV:
Chepstow 12.30 The Grey Falco, 9-1
Chepstow 1.40 Ballybough Nora, 7-1
Chepstow 4.00 Tactical Manoeuvre, 11-1
Catterick 2.58 Ask Paddy, 10-3
Ascot 3.15 Onefortheroadtom, 6-1
Ascot 3.45 Certainly Red, 11-2
Good luck with these Martin. Looking through your bets you don't seem to follow any pattern I can see on the Inform Racing cards. Not asking what you do, just do you have a systematic method or the base of one then look into the selections a bit deeper?

MartinK

Filly
Chepstow 12.30 The Grey Falco, 9-1 ... 1st 14-1 ... 14 pts profit :gotcha:
Chepstow 1.40 Ballybough Nora, 7-1 ... 2nd
Chepstow 4.00 Tactical Manoeuvre, 11-1 ... 5th
Catterick 2.58 Ask Paddy, 10-3 ... 5th
Ascot 3.15 Onefortheroadtom, 6-1 ... 7th
Ascot 3.45 Certainly Red, 11-2 ... 5th

DAY 3: 9 pts profit
RUNNING TOTAL: 9 pts profit

MartinK

Filly
Good luck with these Martin. Looking through your bets you don't seem to follow any pattern I can see on the Inform Racing cards. Not asking what you do, just do you have a systematic method or the base of one then look into the selections a bit deeper?
Hi, Before I look at Inform I eliminate class 5 and 6 races (too unreliable), maiden races (I never know if runners are too weak to win or don't WANT to win), 3yo-only races (difficult to fathom), 2yo non-handi races (too little experience) and any contest with less than 5 or more than 13 runners.

Next I visit Inform and choose my horses, using their ratings plus their pop-up form boxes. Finally I use Oddschecker to eliminate all favourites (less likely to be value than other runners), also eliminating anything under 11-4 (less likely to be value than higher odds).

I do realise that all my reasoning is open to debate, and may well be cobblers!

Last edited:

MartinK

Filly
SAT 21 NOV:
Haydock 12.40 Claud And Goldie, 16-1
Haydock 3.35 Perfect Candidate, 10-1
Lingfield 1.10 Highland dress, 9-1
Lingfield 2.20 Dark Shot, 6-1
Huntingdon 1.58 Be My Sea, 18-1
Ascot 3.17 Marracudja, 20-1

dave58

Administrator
Hi, Before I look at Inform I eliminate class 5 and 6 races (too unreliable), maiden races (I never know if runners are too weak to win or don't WANT to win), 3yo-only races (difficult to fathom), 2yo non-handi races (too little experience) and any contest with less than 5 or more than 13 runners.

Next I visit Inform and choose my horses, using their ratings plus their pop-up form boxes. Finally I use Oddschecker to eliminate all favourites (less likely to be value than other runners), also eliminating anything under 11-4 (less likely to be value than higher odds).

I do realise that all my reasoning is open to debate, and may well be cobblers!
Certainly open to debate MartinK MartinK - no way would I say it's a load of cobblers and fair play to you for sharing your thoughts , hopefully this will spark some discussion, after all it's what the forum is all about.

Wizardry7

Filly
Great winner yesterday Martin well done. Before I started using the Inform tissue tool I used to just go on thier ratings. Good as they are I think you still need to delve into the form a little as you do. I am a bit of a lazy punter and that is why I like the tissue tool as it automates everything for me. However I am looking at too many races and want to narrow these down. I have a couple of systems that run on the flat so nothing from these for a while now.

A bit all over the place yesterday but down about 3 pts, saved from worse in the last at Newcastle with the second each way at half decent odds.

Best of luck today.

MartinK

Filly
SAT 21 NOV:
Haydock 12.40 Claud And Goldie, 16-1 ... 4th
Haydock 3.35 Perfect Candidate, 10-1 ... 1st 8-1 ... 10 pts profit :gotcha:
Lingfield 1.10 Highland dress, 9-1 ... 1st 9-2 ... 9 pts profit :gotcha:
Lingfield 2.20 Dark Shot, 6-1 ... 8th
Huntingdon 1.58 Be My Sea, 18-1 ... p/u
Ascot 3.17 Marracudja, 20-1 ... 7th

DAY 4: 15pts profit
RUNNING TOTAL: 24pts profit :happy-wavemulticolor: