• Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a free 7 day trial of Horseracebase here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Horseracebase so help is always available if needed, as well as dedicated section of the fourm here.
    Best Wishes
    AR

Martin's "Inform Racing" System

Ah, thanks I Ian Welch .

I guessed it would be to do with using System Builder. I really must look into it and get to grips with something that should be very helpful.
In truth, I thought it would probably be more a case of "pilot error"rather than anything wrong with the set-up.

I'll just have to make the effort required. It will be worth it.
Currently, at my level, I tend to avoid all nurseries and auction and seller races.

As a punter, I think I should be in all three of these categories, even though at age 73 I'm a bit old for nurseries. :D

BOXING DAY
Kempton 1.15 Hold The Note, 13-2
Kempton 1.50 Enrilo, 7-1
Wetherby 1.28 Demi Sang, 11-1
Wetherby 2.40 Mint Condition, 9-2
Wincanton 2.45 Jacamar, 10-1
Wincanton 3.19 Francky Du Berlais, 11-2

Kempton 1.15 Hold The Note, 13-2 ... 5th
Kempton 1.50 Enrilo, 7-1 ... p/u
Wetherby 1.28 Demi Sang, 11-1 ... 5th
Wetherby 2.40 Mint Condition, 9-2 ... 1st 6-4 ... 4.5 pts profit
Wincanton 2.45 Jacamar, 10-1 ... 1st 11-1 ... 11 pts profit
Wincanton 3.19 Francky Du Berlais, 11-2 ... 2nd

DAY 38: 11.5 pts profit
RUNNING TOTAL: 12 pts profit

For tomorrow I have both horses, today I also have Mint Condition, Jacamar, Enrilo, Francky du Berlais and Hold the Note

Good luck

SUN 27 DEC
Kempton 2.30 Sceau Royal, 13-2 ... fell
Kempton 3.05 Darlac, 6-1 ... pulled up

DAY 39: 2 pts loss
RUNNING TOTAL: 10 pts profit

I've finally got round to printing out the instructions for Inform's SYSTEM BUILDER, which is a lot simpler to use than I thought it would be.

The bad news: I put my own system through it (the one I'm using here) and it didn't do much better than break even in the long run.

The good news: using the SYSTEM BUILDER, I tried many "what-if" scenarios and have come up with a new system that's made a profit in each of the last 5 years in which I've tested it.

I've just started a new thread for the selections.

Back