• Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a free 7 day trial of Horseracebase here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Horseracebase so help is always available if needed, as well as dedicated section of the fourm here.
    Best Wishes
    AR

Hong Kong Speed Figures

This thread has always been one of the best on the forum.
Wow S StephenJB Steve Blume in da house....legend....a warm welcome to this forum :happy-wavemulticolor:

And just kind of dawned on me that W woof43 must be "Grant P" from the old twitter days when i was working on stride counting models with Barry O'Neil.

Are you still modelling the "public" in the greyhound markets W woof43 ???
Bloody hell, I am slow!
It took until this post to realise why he calls himself woof.
I know who you are too, so that's another reason to be here.
I think both of you guys would probably leave me for dead.
 
Too kind. Also thanks for the follow on X 😂

This high rating race from last season producing yet another winner: Results - Racing Information - Horse Racing - The Hong Kong Jockey Club

Quite a few from this race get backed by teams late every start (Glittering Legend, Shamus Storm without winning - and 3 others backed and winning, including Fortunate Son 2x wins for now 4 total).
absolutely well done , I suspect it might be hard to replicate my/your result for this race in this new season, what a result
 
I think they are all reasonable too.
The actual time is less important than the relationships between the times you have IMO.
What I find interesting is that I have seen the times from all you guys, and they all look ok to me.
At the end of the day though, it's not my opinion that matters, hopefully they help you making your probs or selections.
This thread has always been one of the best on the forum.
Wow S StephenJB Steve Blume in da house....legend....a warm welcome to this forum :happy-wavemulticolor:

And just kind of dawned on me that W woof43 must be "Grant P" from the old twitter days when i was working on stride counting models with Barry O'Neil.

Are you still modelling the "public" in the greyhound markets W woof43 ???
Hi Rob, and ty hope your doing well, yes still chatting and doing stuff with Barry, he's done a lot of analysis with greyhounds for me, actually teaching me. so I can understand what is happening at Box rise with the nuances of variance with the dogs. is one example.
Yes still generating the wagering models for the dogs, which is very different to a HK wagering model. It is hard to sometimes let go of conceived ideas in one sport and re-learn something else like in HK which can and is very frustrating I read your stuff that you kindly provided over and over as you do cause there is always a hidden nugget there somewhere. The guys here are pretty top notch here, you know it is not so much as giving a tip, its the process and the journey, like D desimal having read all his stuff last year it's not the tip, it's the story
 
I thought i'd run this report re. HK the last few seasons looking at when runners win coming from one race / placings etc, normally moving forward a Race will provide 2.5 wins and 5+ placings in future races at 120d, but some races provide a lot more then the normal, first 5 digits are the date in short form 1791445238281.png
 

Attachments

  • HK_Race_Code_Summary.csv
    331.6 KB · Views: 2
now with SP added, in Bands, the Fav band is very interesting in 30d, then there are back toback races and then there are meetings that are performing much better than some random outcome.
 

Attachments

  • HK_RaceCode_Summary.csv
    345.8 KB · Views: 5
  • HK_SPBand_Summary.csv
    1.2 KB · Views: 3
@StephenJB , you are very open and helpful with what you have. I assume you would have to have the same data structure for your code to be used ? Like I always say with @
ARAZI91
ARAZI91 and the stuff he posts you should write a book, although I’m not sure if many are interested like they were in the days or Beyer or Mordin now.
This has motivated me to get chat gpt to write a python script for my HK standards method.

I didn't respond to this properly.
The data structure that I use is probably not too good.
I just have a habit, that I need to do everything for myself, so I never really had a database, they're just simple random access files where each field has to have a fixed length.
I have many of these data files and they are all linked together.
There is a thing called Linq which enables you to write all sorts of queries to the data.
Thus I never found the need to splurge on a proper data base.
With .net it does not matter if you use VB or C# they still compile the same.

Anyway I had a good friend that was a professor of statistics and he was also a physicist(strange combination), and of all things was part of the team that developed the cochlear implant here in Melbourne.


Anyway he used to help me with stuff, and I once told him that I wished I could write decent code.
He asked me if it did what I wanted, and I had to say yes.
Well what's your problem then?
Lesson learned

I forgot to mention that when he started code it was with reels of paper with holes punched in it!
 
I didn't respond to this properly.
The data structure that I use is probably not too good.
I just have a habit, that I need to do everything for myself, so I never really had a database, they're just simple random access files where each field has to have a fixed length.
I have many of these data files and they are all linked together.
There is a thing called Linq which enables you to write all sorts of queries to the data.
Thus I never found the need to splurge on a proper data base.
With .net it does not matter if you use VB or C# they still compile the same.

Anyway I had a good friend that was a professor of statistics and he was also a physicist(strange combination), and of all things was part of the team that developed the cochlear implant here in Melbourne.


Anyway he used to help me with stuff, and I once told him that I wished I could write decent code.
He asked me if it did what I wanted, and I had to say yes.
Well what's your problem then?
Lesson learned

I forgot to mention that when he started code it was with reels of paper with holes punched in it!
I know nothing about code , but I learnt one thing recently if you have code that no longer works, give it to chat gpt or similar and tell it what it used to do and it usually fixes it in minutes.
 
Anyway I had a good friend that was a professor of statistics and he was also a physicist(strange combination), and of all things was part of the team that developed the cochlear implant here in Melbourne.


Anyway he used to help me with stuff, and I once told him that I wished I could write decent code.
He asked me if it did what I wanted, and I had to say yes.
Well what's your problem then?
Lesson learned

I forgot to mention that when he started code it was with reels of paper with holes punched in it!
What a seriously impressive legacy Professor Blamey has there S StephenJB
Looks as if he has that rare quality of being very successful as a technical enterpreneur in business but has combined it with a lifelong commitment to helping those of us less abled and less fortunate.
Making the world hear better & see better.

Reading the Professor's achievements there reminded me of a quote (sure it was in a book, can't pinpoint who from but the words/idea remain)
It went "genius is at it's greatest when paired with empathy" ... something like that.
What a life he has led.
 
Back
Top