• Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a 20% discount on Inform Racing.
    Simply enter the coupon code ukbettingform when subscribing here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Inform Racing so help is always available if needed.
    Best Wishes
    AR
  • Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a free 7 day trial of Horseracebase here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Horseracebase so help is always available if needed, as well as dedicated section of the fourm here.
    Best Wishes
    AR

Converging Factors.

He did 2 and 3 yrolds plus older horses too. Peter his name was but can’t remember his surname. I met him a couple of times at Newmarket as he lived in or near Cambridge. He was an it expert and developed his software which I believe he may have sold on to a tipping company. I couldn’t wait for the weekly sheets to arrive . Ah well. Things change. It’s much tougher now as all the bookmakers and Betfair experts have access to all the same info. Finding an edge is difficult but sometimes they do make “ricks” but when you find one and it goes in at 8/1 it’s worth the effort.
happy punting. I have had a good word for LOCKDOWN tomorrow at 3.05 Newcastle but with a name like that it’s going to be overbet like crazy.

I remember Frank George from his book "football pools for the Commodore".
He said "look for the odd man out".
That was a brilliant idea for pools. It worked for me (well, to a reasonable extent).
That's because the odd man outs are covered less and less as the difficulty of the winning line increases.
Thus if a West Ham away win at Old Trafforf against Man. U. is worth 4 to 1, in the pools it may be worth the equivalent of 8 to 1.
So the odd man out pays - provided you get the rest ok.
With fixed odds however the idea dies.

Frank George was a professor of Essex university and also a NATO consultant.
I have n't read his book on racing.
Looks like he is trying to construct a multi-probability scheme to predict winners with maximum accuracy.
If you try this for real you need about one thousand parameters though and also the ability to create a smart card for every race, capable of
handling those parameters.

Back