• Hi Guest, The forum will be moving hosts on 26 July and as such will be closed from Midday until the move has completed.
    As we will be with new hosts it may take a while before DNS get updated so it could take while before you can get back on the forum.
    I think it will take at least 4 hours but could easily be 48!
    Ark Royal
  • There seems to be a problem with some alerts not being emailed to members. I have told the hosts and they are investigating.
  • Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a 20% discount on Inform Racing.
    Simply enter the coupon code ukbettingform when subscribing here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Inform Racing so help is always available if needed.
    Best Wishes
    AR
  • Sorry for the ongoing issues that you may have been experiencing whilst using the forum lately

It really is frustrating when the forum slows down or Server Error 500 pops up.

Apparently the hosts acknowledge there is a problem.
    Thank you for using our services and sorry for the experienced delay!
    Unfortunately, these errors are due to a higher server load. Our senior department knows about the issue and they are working towards a permanent resolution of the issue, however, I'd advise you to consider using our new cPanel cloud solutions: https://www.tsohost.com/web-hosting

I will have to investigate what the differences are with what We have know compared to the alternative service they want us to migrate to.
    Keep safe.
    AR

Boredom bets.

tacker

Mare
I've backed your last one in a double with El Picador 15:55 Ham.

GS looks pretty short to me in a competitive looking race.

Well i simply went on the fact that GLOBAL is 14lbs better off with ZABEEL but i probably agree that it's a little short.

EL PICADOR ....I strggled with this race and felt the handicapper has them all about right though GABRIAL might be on the improve. good luck P PHS

PHS

Filly
EL PICADOR ....I strggled with this race and felt the handicapper has them all about right though GABRIAL might be on the improve. good luck P PHS
Yes, EP another one that's too short now; it's no 6/4 shot. I took 9/4 and struggled with taking even that but it's one I've been waiting for since the end of last year. Do you leave it and regret if it wins or take what you can get!

tacker

Mare
Yes, EP another one that's too short now; it's no 6/4 shot. I took 9/4 and struggled with taking even that but it's one I've been waiting for since the end of last year. Do you leave it and regret if it wins or take what you can get!
P PHS No doubt we are both fans of NO RECOLLECTION based on his run behind MOHAAFETH who has been backed for the derby after an easy win yesterday, also there is a form line with BIG BOY BOBBY through the 2nd in yesyerdays race but every chance i'm stretching things a bit there.

PHS

Filly
P PHS No doubt we are both fans of NO RECOLLECTION based on his run behind MOHAAFETH who has been backed for the derby after an easy win yesterday, also there is a form line with BIG BOY BOBBY through the 2nd in yesyerdays race but every chance i'm stretching things a bit there.
Yes, that and the fact that Alan King said he is "one we really like" (trainers often say that about their horses but I don't see King as one that 'shouts too loud' if you know what I mean). Very skinny price though, hence the double.

PHS

Filly
Those Derby quotes look like an over-reaction to me. Yes, he was impressive in the race, but what's the form worth; what kind of a 'Derby trial' was it!

tacker

Mare
Those Derby quotes look like an over-reaction to me. Yes, he was impressive in the race, but what's the form worth; what kind of a 'Derby trial' was it!
Well yes! but he was on a mark of 92 yesterday and beat State Protector 107 by 5L who had previously run 2nd in the fielden, point being that in most years what we see is horses fancied for the derby tend to flop or not overly impress in the trials, either way drop out then such as MOHAAFETH look a little more likely to be in the mix. Who knows ?

Last edited:

PHS

Filly
The points you made about the ground look about right , to be honest i thought GB was going to win but either way a good race to watch.
Like the commentator said, the handicapper will be happy. None of them should go up much. I can see the winner going to Goodwood still in with a chance. Long time until then though. Still a Colt I see. Nice family.

Victoria Cup 3.40 Full Authority

50/1 general but could easily be a 3 figure price on the exchange as I've been matched at 90.0.

Lightly raced 4yo who returns after a 2nd wind op and has done the rounds with trainers; O'Meara to Stoute and now with Fahey.

Not sure what he achieved when winning at Chester on debut, but it was on soft and won by 5lths, from stall 3.

The trainer comment from that race is interesting:

The owner loves Ascot and if the horse is fit and well he'll take his chance in one of the races - David O'Meara, trainer.

The horse has never run at Ascot or been back on soft ground.

Whilst the horse has moved stables, it has remained with the same owner.

My gut says low numbers today and FA is in 21, but it's a wide open race and the price is appealling in my view.

The owner/ trainer combo also run Serious Intention later at Nottingham who I backed lto and intend to follow. Similar to FA, he's the stable 2nd string in the race.

Catterick 5.00 The Great Heir @ 8/1

Possibly regressive having not won since picking up a 150K sales race as a 2yo, but had the look of a non jigger to me lto, for debut run for Nicholl's, who seems to be in fair form.

Gets a further 1lb drop with a 3lb claim and does have decent soft ground form.

tacker

Mare
Never been a fan of Mark Johnston but i can see him having a good day tomorrow and had a little double on just the two.

bev 3.45 KEZAANA 11/4
The form of his last run is utterly confusing to me but can't help feeling a mark of 75 is too low.

bev 4.15 ALNAJEEB 2/1
The ponte race where this horse ran 3rd behind 2 gosden horses and had 2 stable companions further back is baffling to me at least, still a mark of 67 could be generous.

About 10/1 the double so worth a little punt.

Coseleymon

Yearling
Never been a fan of Mark Johnston but i can see him having a good day tomorrow and had a little double on just the two.

bev 3.45 KEZAANA 11/4
The form of his last run is utterly confusing to me but can't help feeling a mark of 75 is too low.

bev 4.15 ALNAJEEB 2/1
The ponte race where this horse ran 3rd behind 2 gosden horses and had 2 stable companions further back is baffling to me at least, still a mark of 67 could be generous.

About 10/1 the double so worth a little punt.
First one one in well done i hope the 2nd goes on for you

tacker

Mare
1.40 york MY FRANKEL 9/2

This horse won for me lto and i'm on again but the bare form looks no more than ok , I have it in my head that he will turn out to be a group horse but this class 2 hdc looks plenty competitive so a small interest today for me.

Sandhog

Filly
Didn't see the race, so no idea what went wrong there.
Entered for Ascot next month - The Hardwicke.
Perhaps they're messing about or something.

tacker

Mare
2.25 salis WAHRAN
I put this horse in my tracker after watching his last run where in my opinion he was given a very gentle ride.

7.15 newm MOVING TIME
Another one from my tracker that although beaten lto by MITHRAS there was 8L back to the 3rd, if progessed over the winter should be hard to beat.

PHS

Filly
3x doubles for very small stakes - 1/8pt in total

14:50 N - Untold Story 3/1
15:15 Y - Dubai Instinct 7/1
16:50 N - Al Madhar 5/1

US did just about everything wrong when winning at Ling in a fast time.

DI kept on strongly over C&D last time. Draw is a neg but must have a ch if reproducing that form.

AM won a strong Nby novice last year and looked on the way back at Che last time, wears blinkers here. Stablemate ( I backed last time) has been smashed overnight creating uncertainty. Hughes import was Fav, now a massive drifter, so looks a big price on French form.

Last edited: