• Hi Guest, The forum will be moving hosts on 26 July and as such will be closed from Midday until the move has completed.
    As we will be with new hosts it may take a while before DNS get updated so it could take while before you can get back on the forum.
    I think it will take at least 4 hours but could easily be 48!
    Ark Royal
  • There seems to be a problem with some alerts not being emailed to members. I have told the hosts and they are investigating.
  • Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a 20% discount on Inform Racing.
    Simply enter the coupon code ukbettingform when subscribing here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Inform Racing so help is always available if needed.
    Best Wishes
    AR
  • Sorry for the ongoing issues that you may have been experiencing whilst using the forum lately

It really is frustrating when the forum slows down or Server Error 500 pops up.

Apparently the hosts acknowledge there is a problem.
    Thank you for using our services and sorry for the experienced delay!
    Unfortunately, these errors are due to a higher server load. Our senior department knows about the issue and they are working towards a permanent resolution of the issue, however, I'd advise you to consider using our new cPanel cloud solutions: https://www.tsohost.com/web-hosting

I will have to investigate what the differences are with what We have know compared to the alternative service they want us to migrate to.
    Keep safe.
    AR

Boredom bets.

tacker

Mare
7.15 newc BALEARIC 7/1
Started off at newm 8f , well back but probably a good race.
Then 4th over 7f again newm, a race that has also produced winners.
Dropped down to 6f wolves i though he was given a gentle enough ride that day.
Today he goes handicapping over 7f with blinkers on for the first time, mark of 68 doesn't look like a gimme but i've had a little nibble.

retriever

Gelding
Looks as if Hugh Taylor agreed with you an hour later T tacker Hugh Taylor | At The Races
Price has obviously shortened due to your tip :) so I won't play that one.

Air To Air appears too short in the market given that he is 'unproven' on the AW so I am inclined to side with course winner Royal Advice who shaped well last race and looked as though the extra furlong ( 6f > 7f ) won't be a problem for him.

Reverse Forecast : Royal Advice / Balearic.

Last edited:

tacker

Mare
Tiny trixie

CHRISTOPHER WOOD 2.40 ran too free last time so the kid on top needs to save a bit today. 7/1

AVENTURIERE 4.30 435days off isn't very inspiring but his opening mark of 58 could be judged as being lenient ,if if if ? 5/1

FATHER OF JAZZ 2.00 Progressing but dropped in dist here, unexposed on turf so a lot of guesswork involved. 7/1

retriever

Gelding
Arhhh!.....I've just been deliberating whether Christopher Wood was worthy of inclusion in my Trifecta for the race. Would prefer running off a mark of around 143 and yes, it all comes to the claimer getting it right today. Spanner in the works!
I had Tommys Oscar, Across The Line and Hasanabad.
Think I may drop the latter for CW.
Good luck with the Trixie today T tacker

tacker

Mare
4.35 wolv BEIJING BILLY 12/1
Not easy to fancy this one but i like the kid on top so will simply say this horse has run his last 2 over 12f and didn't stay to my eye at least, will need the first time blinkers to bring about improvement tbh but we will see.

tacker

Mare
3.5 donc 6 x £1 tricast

TAQAREER...Won his maiden ling with plenty in hand but beat little before a disappointing run at wolves, raced wide that day and might be excusable, stable in form.

THRONE HALL...Another one that won well enough on his second attempt before running a decent 2nd behind lLARAAB (now rated 95) having won 2more races, that was a cl2 and out of Kingman he could be anything.

BARYSHNIKOV...Gradually improved to before running a good 2nd behind Victory Chime with First Winter back in 3rd, won his next 2 but beaten on his final race york cl3, need to excuse that run to be honest and i will put it down to the sft ground

tacker

Mare
4.10 warw SUBLIME HEIGHTS

Taking a very simplistic approach this horse has had just a couple of runs in maidens both low grade tracks but you could argue the numbers support him having a good chance on HD.

The first of those runs was 20f plum where he finished a well beaten 12L 2nd by HERE COMES JOHNNY rated around 123, 3rd was TALLOW FOR COAL 121 so without trying to overdo things you might think SH ran to about 120.

His second try via southwell 16f again on sft he finished just behind MINELLA TARA 118 who was in the process of running a decent race in a cl2 newb on saturday before falling, 2nd horse CAN YOU CALL 121 had some reasonable form prior to this run but not run since.

So today 16f good ground off a mark of 114 maybe he is one or two pounds well in, not really enough but fair to assume he can improve on only his third race, a quick glance at the betting i see he is only 7/2 so you need to be quite bored to want to get involved but at the very least i will now be interested enough to watch the race and keeping an eye on the market.

One final thought is that the fav GIVEPEACEACHANCE has been consitent in running to a mark just over 100 but now races of 111.

tacker

Mare
A yankee for me today

7.40 kemp MY FRANKEL , I thought this horse would win lto but finished tailed off, that had to be wrong and i would like to think him capable of giving 6lbs to Taqreer today but he needs to prove it.

2.20 liv DUSART looked a bit special on debut but this is a big jump.

2.50 liv CHANTRY HOUSE while he does have the form in the book not really much value there.

4.40 liv BRAVEMANSGAME brings the ballymore fore form to the table here and if he can reproduce that form from cheltenham.

Sandhog

Filly
T tacker ,

I looked at My Frankel and Bravemansgame last night. Of the two, the only one I may bet on is Bravesmansgame; it seemed well-rated.

Just in passing, how much do your Trixies cost, please?
With a bookmaker, the cheapest EW Patent I can do costs £28. 14 bets at £2, about three selections.
I find getting just one right isn't much good to me. In fact, I think I'd rather do £30 on the nose on one.
Just wondering.:idk:
I rarely get three right.

tacker

Mare
T tacker ,

I looked at My Frankel and Bravemansgame last night. Of the two, the only one I may bet on is Bravesmansgame; it seemed well-rated.

Just in passing, how much do your Trixies cost, please?
With a bookmaker, the cheapest EW Patent I can do costs £28. 14 bets at £2, about three selections.
I find getting just one right isn't much good to me. In fact, I think I'd rather do £30 on the nose on one.
Just wondering.:idk:
I rarely get three right.
A patent is a trixie (4 bets ) that also includes singles (7 bets ) if thats all you are asking.

Sandhog

Filly
Yep, thanks T tacker.

Just wondered ifyou found long term it pays better than the same stake on one selection? Age old problem
I don't know the answer, but, I think a bigger bet on just one selection suits me better. The old "psyche" and all that.:D
Each to his own; just curious what the "stats" say about it.

Anyway, just for the craic, I'll post a "patent" here on three selections for today: two from the unknown system" and terribly short in price, and one nutty bet ( based on trainer).

2.40, Leicester: Dirty Rascal
3.15, Leicester: Boss Power
5.05 Kempton: Serenhill. £2 EW Patent (£28)

and,
again just for the craic, an outsider agin the fav in the 3.15:

Proton. £5 E.W.

I'll ring it in right now, so that could be best part of £40 gone west. :)

Any proceeds onto Mullens' runner tomorrow in the GN. :eek:

tacker

Mare
Everyday Harry skelton seems be riding winners so i thought him worth following with one eye shut...

Trixie

1.15...King D'argent 6/4
I think he's unbeaten when staying on his feet.

2.25...Calico 4/1
Rated 139 now and his form maybe matches up to some of the more experienced opponents here, he looked btn for speed at kemp and might benefit from a strong pace but hard to know where that will come from....maybe Harry himself ?

3.00...Allmankind 11/10
Doesn't need any tipping.

PHS

Filly
Decided to have a trixie based on how i see their form chances...

1.30 STATE SECRETARY 4/1
1.50 GLOBAL STORM 7/4
3.10 NO RECOLLECTION 5/4
I've backed your last one in a double with El Picador 15:55 Ham.

GS looks pretty short to me in a competitive looking race.