• Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a 20% discount on Inform Racing.
    Simply enter the coupon code ukbettingform when subscribing here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Inform Racing so help is always available if needed.
    Best Wishes
    AR
  • Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a free 7 day trial of Horseracebase here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Horseracebase so help is always available if needed, as well as dedicated section of the fourm here.
    Best Wishes
    AR

Alternative BTTS - Value Method.

..... not many qualifiers around today for the Alternative BTTS selection, but did find this one:-

Corinthinians v Santos Brazil Serie A kick off 23.00pm

Backing Over 2.50 goals and 1-1 saver. ;)

..... very few games today where there were qualifiers, but did manage to salvage one possibility:-
Russia v Sweden in an International Friendly kick off at 17-15pm.
Cor! nearly missed this one as well, must get my timing somewhat better than it has been lately.
Over 2.50 goals backed with 1-1 as the saver.;)

...... saved by a ninetieth minute Russian goal! Sweden were ahead 2-0 and looking every bit as outright winners at that score, yet Russia upped the ante and pulled one back in the dying minutes. All accepted very gratefully as this gave us the win with Over 2.50 goals once again. It has been quite amazing how often these selections have provided the winner with goals over 2.50 on a large number of occasions, with the 1-1 only really there as an occasional saver which gets the stakes back plus a little extra over. So with this win we have a surplus £4.70 left over from a £6 stake which equates to over 78% profit which can't be bad. So when added to the overall paper total, this now reads £25.60 so managing to keep it's head above water.
Anyway, back tomorrow to cover any qualifiers. ;)

.... OK been through the stats and found two qualifiers for Friday:-
Fleetwood T v Hull C EFL1 kick off 19.45
Znicz Pruszkow v K K S Lech Poznan II Poland 2 kick off 18.00
Backing Over 2.50 goals and 1-1 saver.
Still looking for goals. ;)

.... OK been through the stats and found two qualifiers for Friday:-
Fleetwood T v Hull C EFL1 kick off 19.45
Znicz Pruszkow v K K S Lech Poznan II Poland 2 kick off 18.00
Backing Over 2.50 goals and 1-1 saver.
Still looking for goals. ;)
Fleetwood v Hull - got to HT with 1-1... so what would you do at this stage ? It looks like a high tempo game with the home side threatening the most... would you green up the 1-1 before the restart ?

1602272379345.png

Fleetwood v Hull - got to HT with 1-1... so what would you do at this stage ? It looks like a high tempo game with the home side threatening the most... would you green up the 1-1 before the restart ?
..... most of the time I do not have time to keep looking at the situation therefore with these trial matches I just let them run their course and take the consequences. No many here where they have actually lost doing it that way. It may turn out to be not the best way but it suits my style of betting and the 1-1 becomes the saver. ;)

Never mind. You knew what to do, otherwise, you wouldn't have asked the question. Go with your gut feeling....

There is no right or wrong way, though.
Depends, as Delboy says, if you are monitoring or not.

Last edited:
I would green-up 1-1
..... as a matter of interest, supposing you had the £1 saver like I have, riding on the 1-1, how much would you have got back? You also have to remember that by backing the Over 2.50 goals also, by letting it ride to the end was a no lose situation also as either way would end up as a winner. The saver was £1 @ 7.4 and the Over 2.50 goals was 1.90 with a £5 stake.:D

.... OK two bets and two winners tonight using this system. Both matches ended up with over 2.50 goals with an overall surplus of £7.10. When added to the overall paper total it now stands at £32.70, so not losing. Hopefully there should be enough matches tomorrow to cover, back then.;)

..... OK plenty matches to get some decent selections tomorrow:-
Crewe A v Wigan 15.00
Atalanta v New York Red Bulls 23.00
Accrington S v Rochdale 15.00
Blackpool v Ipswich T 15.00
Chesterfield v Woking 15.00
All backing over 2.50 goals and 1-1 saver.
As usual, looking for some winners. ;)

..... as a matter of interest, supposing you had the £1 saver like I have, riding on the 1-1, how much would you have got back? You also have to remember that by backing the Over 2.50 goals also, by letting it ride to the end was a no lose situation also as either way would end up as a winner. The saver was £1 @ 7.4 and the Over 2.50 goals was 1.90 with a £5 stake.:D
I put £2.50 on 1-1 @ 7.6 odds, and £5 on O. 2.5 goals @ 2.06 odds - I got these odds at about 20 mins before the game start.

Just as I was about to green up, it was showing a £2.37 profit, so almost paid for the original bet already. I thought there'd be more goals in this, so felt it was worth the green-up. If the stats weren't encouraging, then I might have left it a bit longer, but I expect I would have greened up at some point as the system pick is trying to rely more on the over 2.5 goals coming in if the 1-1 is the saver. As it was, it still gave me a £2.53 total profit... can't moan too much !
I personally wouldn't be able to watch every game myself either, but when I can, all I do as in this case was to have Flashscore on in the background alerting me with an audible goal shout while I watched TV - that's all the monitoring I'll usually do. But I believe this suits both bettors and traders - just depends on what suits your lifestyle.

Last edited:
I put £2.50 on 1-1 @ 7.6 odds, and £5 on O. 2.5 goals @ 2.06 odds - I got these odds at about 20 mins before the game start.

Just as I was about to green up, it was showing a £2.37 profit, so almost paid for the original bet already. I thought there'd be more goals in this, so felt it was worth the green-up. If the stats weren't encouraging, then I might have left it a bit longer, but I expect I would have greened up at some point as the system pick is trying to rely more on the over 2.5 goals coming in if the 1-1 is the saver. As it was, it still gave me a £2.53 total profit... can't moan too much !
I personally wouldn't be able to watch every game myself either, but when I can, all I do as in this case was to have Flashscore on in the background alerting me with an audible goal shout while I watched TV - that's all the monitoring I'll usually do. But I believe this suits both bettors and traders - just depends on what suits your lifestyle.
Bets were put on around 30 mins before game start;

1602327296318.png

I thought these were good odds with a lot of volume in the market, but I suspect that was more to do with the lack of other games being played, and also being an English match (despite being a tier 3 game) ?
I have recently been monitoring the dynamic of the correct score odds movement over the course of a game - there isn't a lot of movement for the sensible goal scorelines, even after a goal. Considering this game was 1-1 at HT which was where my money was, it still wasn't lower than 6.0 from 7.6. This could also be an indicator of the market's expectation of goals, and unless the odds drop to lower than say 5.0 by HT, then it might be worth greening up at that point. Either way, IMO it's still worth looking at the match stats to see how the game is going.

what's your % hit rate for getting the over 2.5 goals in this system ? If it's really high, then it could be worth greening up the 1-1 if it reaches that early in the game ?

what's your % hit rate for getting the over 2.5 goals in this system ? If it's really high, then it could be worth greening up the 1-1 if it reaches that early in the game ?
.... hard to determine with the way I chopped and changed initially and then midway through I was looking at the trading aspect. So left out the initial figures and that made 48 bets 32 wins @ Over 2.50 goals, 9 wins @ 1-1 and 7 losses. So not too bad! ;)

..... there is still one match in our selections for today, still currently playing in U.S.A. so will report all findings tomorrow when this one result is to hand.. Currently we have four winners from the five selections so will be interesting to see how this one ends up. ;)

..... very late today sorting a few things out. But two matches qualify.
England v Belgium. kick off 17.00pm.
Athletico GO v Bragatino Brazil Serie A kick off 22.15pm
Looking for some wins here. ;) Set and forget.;)

Back