• Hi Guest, The forum will be moving hosts on 26 July and as such will be closed from Midday until the move has completed.
    As we will be with new hosts it may take a while before DNS get updated so it could take while before you can get back on the forum.
    I think it will take at least 4 hours but could easily be 48!
    Ark Royal
  • There seems to be a problem with some alerts not being emailed to members. I have told the hosts and they are investigating.
  • Sorry for the ongoing issues that you may have been experiencing whilst using the forum lately

It really is frustrating when the forum slows down or Server Error 500 pops up.

Apparently the hosts acknowledge there is a problem.
    Thank you for using our services and sorry for the experienced delay!
    Unfortunately, these errors are due to a higher server load. Our senior department knows about the issue and they are working towards a permanent resolution of the issue, however, I'd advise you to consider using our new cPanel cloud solutions: https://www.tsohost.com/web-hosting

I will have to investigate what the differences are with what We have know compared to the alternative service they want us to migrate to.
    Keep safe.
    AR

15.00 Kempton King George G1

tacker

Mare
Looking at the Sectionals and distance of ground covered from start to finish, Bryony took a more efficient route around the course.
Froden = 5327.18 Distance ran
SB = 5376.36 Distance Ran

SB ran the first st to F21 300.6
Froden St To F21 304.26

However from F23 onwards Froden ran faster sectionals.

If you take the ground covered then SB could be perhaps marked up on Speed Ratings and final time.
The configuration of the track might well be different from what think we see on the screen but having watched SHAM BLUE closely on saturday and he kept fairly close to the inside rail while FRODON repeatedly jumped left, I suppose they know what there are doing but from what we see on the telly its hard to see how SHAM covered 50yds further than FRODON.

or is it ?

Last edited:

Outlander

Gelding
The configuration of the track might well be different from what think we see on the screen but having watched SHAM BLUE closely on saturday and he kept fairly close to the inside rail while FRODON repeatedly jumped left, I suppose they know what there doing but from what we see on the telly its hard to see how SHAM covered 50yds further than FRODON.

or is it ?
I agree 100% T tacker , it is impossible to believe Shan Blue ran more yards than Frodo’s, never mind 50 more yards, it plainly a load of nonsense.

All this analysis and nobody got the winner apart from me.I knew Frodon was going to win the minute he past the finishing line in front of all the others.Simple!
Ken

Chesham

Sire
I agree 100% T tacker , it is impossible to believe Shan Blue ran more yards than Frodo’s, never mind 50 more yards, it plainly a load of nonsense.
The 50 yds Difference seems to be at the first part Start to F21 and camera shot from the back, difficult to see if the Frodon Runners were closer to the Flag start as I think the Timer starts when the flag drops after that SB runs mostly the shorter distance of the two. .929A1D1B-8037-4F3F-90E4-ED7A39830C42.jpeg

Outlander

Gelding
The 50 yds Difference seems to be at the first part Start to F21 and camera shot from the back, difficult to see if the Frodon Runners were closer to the Flag start as I think the Timer starts when the flag drops after that SB runs mostly the shorter distance of the two. .
That would not be the reason, the gps means the timing started at exactly the same point as they passed the starter, it doesn’t matter how far they started before the starter, look at the video, the clock (gps timing)only starts as they pass the starter

Outlander

Gelding
There is no way Shan Blue covered 50 yds further in the recorded 358.85 seconds than Frodon did in his 361.3 seconds of the gps timing, it is clear that that is impossible just from watching the videos.

Outlander

Gelding
The only possible explanation to make that gps distance data not a total joke is that they moved the rails after the Shan Blue race before the Frodon race to a tighter racing line, but I have never heard of them moving rails during a race day like this, so can assume the distance data is just a load of make believe nonsense.

Outlander

Gelding
Or they have the wrong chips in the wrong saddlecloths, because Shan Blue hardly deviated from the default racing line 2 metres off the inside running rail.

Chesham

Sire
The only possible explanation to make that gps distance data not a total joke is that they moved the rails after the Shan Blue race before the Frodon race to a tighter racing line, but I have never heard of them moving rails during a race day like this, so can assume the distance data is just a load of make believe nonsense.
Could well be ???I’m Not that bothered to write to Racing TV and ask though LOL .

Outlander

Gelding
It opens up a can of worms and confirms what some of us already knew, the BHA measured all of the courses 2m off the inner rail and Kempton 3m chase is officially 5280 yds and according to the BHA they raced on that default configuration on Boxing Day, Shan Blue ran virtually laser point 2 metres off the inner rail throughout but is deemed to have covered 5376.36 yards????, I question if is is measured in yards because in the tolerances is says +/-0.5 m.
So it’s conceivable it’s 5879.66 yards, let’s be kind and say the gps distance are in yards(unclear) then the distance is virtually 100yds further than measured, if Kempton is 100yards out then some distances in Sligo will be 500 yds out, it’s obvious there is not a culture for accuracy.