• Hi Guest, The forum will be moving hosts on 26 July and as such will be closed from Midday until the move has completed.
    As we will be with new hosts it may take a while before DNS get updated so it could take while before you can get back on the forum.
    I think it will take at least 4 hours but could easily be 48!
    Ark Royal
  • There seems to be a problem with some alerts not being emailed to members. I have told the hosts and they are investigating.
  • Sorry for the ongoing issues that you may have been experiencing whilst using the forum lately

It really is frustrating when the forum slows down or Server Error 500 pops up.

Apparently the hosts acknowledge there is a problem.
    Thank you for using our services and sorry for the experienced delay!
    Unfortunately, these errors are due to a higher server load. Our senior department knows about the issue and they are working towards a permanent resolution of the issue, however, I'd advise you to consider using our new cPanel cloud solutions: https://www.tsohost.com/web-hosting

I will have to investigate what the differences are with what We have know compared to the alternative service they want us to migrate to.
    Keep safe.
    AR

15.00 Kempton King George G1

Eddie123

Yearling
Clan Des Obeaux
The last 3 seasons running
26 Dec 20 Kempton ?
21 Nov 20 Haydock 2nd This was Clan Des Obeaux best performance of the other 2 first time out runs
26 Dec 19 Kempton 1st this was an improved performance on lto
2 Nov 19 Down Royal 2nd
26 Dec 18 Kempton 1st this was an improved performance on lto
24 Nov 18 Haydock 4th
So if Clan Des Obeaux improves again it should win

I cannot have Cyrname on its running last year and i don.t think its a 3m horse in G1 company

I cannot have Santini on its running at Aintree 2nd and Kempton 3nd

I cannot have Lostintranslation because there is something just not right with the horse or the yard 2 wins from 29 runs .

anyway good luck everyone .

tacker

Mare
CLAN DES OBEAUX is the obvious choice of course and easy to find fault with the opposition based mostly on last years race, having just watched that race again i noticed that 4 out all 5 had their chance and i would say about 3L between them, round the bend and both ASO & LOSTINTRANSLATION were finished with by the 3rd last both CYNAME and FOOTPAD were also legless as CDO soared clear we are left with the idea maybe CYRNAME didn't stay but i also suspect he might have been feeling the clash with ALTIOR over 2m 5f although this always strikes me as guesswork or even making excuses i'm still of the view that last years race fell apart and CYRNAME might get his revenge today but happy to watch.

Chesham

Sire
3855B691-A768-496D-9AA6-1E4C795F8422.jpeg

46FF3210-DFDD-44C4-B656-817B2DF37B35.jpeg

Looking at the Collateral Form Form ,

E000ADD7-1BA6-47C8-A88A-C11FA0347ADE.jpeg
If it were a different track than Kempton then Santini would be much closer to the odds with CDO . Who knows on What Form there is in the Book, Santini could be the one to upset CDO

Sandhog

Yearling
T tacker,
, as it's only once a year, I've gone with the Nicholls runner, CYRNAME.

Basically, although I don't much like the guy ( personal thing, take no heed :D), he's a pretty good trainer at this time of year, imo.
Secondly, another daft reason, I like the owner /breeder. She used to have a pretty good record, I thought.
Years ago, we were working in north Bucks and there was a massive hedge around some place ( we thought it was a farm). Turned out it was a "stud farm for a Mrs de la Haye".
Excited by the mystery of it all, we tried one night to climb in. How stupid! We got caught and were none the wiser but a bit sorer, after that. It must have been over 55 years ago.

So, pretty ropy reasoning! My stake was the minimal £2 on the Machine. Just messing about.
Good luck all!

tacker

Mare
T tacker,
, as it's only once a year, I've gone with the Nicholls runner, CYRNAME.

Basically, although I don't much like the guy ( personal thing, take no heed :D), he's a pretty good trainer at this time of year, imo.
Secondly, another daft reason, I like the owner /breeder. She used to have a pretty good record, I thought.
Years ago, we were working in north Bucks and there was a massive hedge around some place ( we thought it was a farm). Turned out it was a "stud farm for a Mrs de la Haye".
Excited by the mystery of it all, we tried one night to climb in. How stupid! We got caught and were none the wiser but a bit sorer, after that. It must have been over 55 years ago.

So, pretty ropy reasoning! My stake was the minimal £2 on the Machine. Just messing about.
Good luck all!
Yes! very ropey S Sandhog but you keep popping up and entertaining with your opinions and that's what it's all about.

Chesham

Sire
Not surprised to read that Chesham Chesham I had a look at this race just after posting the Class Sheets and spotted that her stats looked really good.

View attachment 93292
(y) ArkRoyal ArkRoyal “ She wrote before the Race “When he‘s out there galloping and you can put your heels down and just enjoy the feeling, there’s nothing better in the world”

Thats exactly what she did today and she always gives credit to the horse and not her own ego. Now that’s what I call a sports personality .

markfinn

Sire
Cost me nothing and no doubt it was a great understanding ride - But with Nicholls having 44% of of runners in the race ? and none of them are actually bangers are they

1609009437455.png

I dont how it can be policed but doesn't sit right - we play hell about Elliot - Mullins - O'Brian swamping races - embarrassment of riches really.

Only my opinion and it would churlish not to congratulate and hope the connections enjoyed the day, Only one King George per year , so well done Froden and all involved with Froden who was written of as a one pace horse in some quarters, one in the eye for the pundits.

Last edited:

Outlander

Gelding
Just watched the race you can see the exactly moment Lostintranslation punctured and wobbled and the lights went out immediately, got to be internal bleeding or a massive breathing issue the way that horse stopped, that horse has big health issues and can never be trusted, also I think one of the fences pulled something in Cyrname, again you could actually see the moment it reached for a fence , took a few quick steps on landing and was gone from that moment.
Thought Saint Calvados travelled like a really nice 2 1/2 miler . Well done to the winner great run loves jumping great ride, Frodons RPR last time of 87 , Quixall Crossett would give it a run on that rating, but managed to improve the near 90 pounds it needed to win today in the few weeks since Aintree, but the race fall apart for one reason or another didn’t end up with much to beat on the day.