• Hi Guest, The forum will be moving hosts on 26 July and as such will be closed from Midday until the move has completed.
    As we will be with new hosts it may take a while before DNS get updated so it could take while before you can get back on the forum.
    I think it will take at least 4 hours but could easily be 48!
    Ark Royal
  • There seems to be a problem with some alerts not being emailed to members. I have told the hosts and they are investigating.
  • Sorry for the ongoing issues that you may have been experiencing whilst using the forum lately

It really is frustrating when the forum slows down or Server Error 500 pops up.

Apparently the hosts acknowledge there is a problem.
    Thank you for using our services and sorry for the experienced delay!
    Unfortunately, these errors are due to a higher server load. Our senior department knows about the issue and they are working towards a permanent resolution of the issue, however, I'd advise you to consider using our new cPanel cloud solutions: https://www.tsohost.com/web-hosting

I will have to investigate what the differences are with what We have know compared to the alternative service they want us to migrate to.
    Keep safe.
    AR

15.00 Kempton King George G1

Sandhog

Yearling
Some very good points. Thanks to all!

Yes, Nicholls doesn't get hounded as much as O' Brien for multiple entries. It doesn't matter anyway; they don't run racing for us; it's a business.
We can take it or leave it. It's our choice, and, in those horrible, currently vogue, meaningless words " it is what it is". Take it or leave it, I suppose.
Although aware of many of the glaring faults in racing, I choose to accept it and try to make the best of it. I don't always succeed, but nobody does except in comics.

Froden was far the best on the day, and, as pointed out above, the second did very well. Just hard facts. Frodon has always been good.
The Frosts are a great racing family, Anybody wanting to concentrate on a stable and a family could do far worse than keeping an eye on them.
You might have to wait a while for the winner, but it will come. I often miss them myself.

The sun's shining after a stormy night. The going will remain soft for a while, I'd say.
All the best!

Last edited:

Chesham

Sire
Looking at the Sectionals and distance of ground covered from start to finish, Bryony took a more efficient route around the course.
Froden = 5327.18 Distance ran
SB = 5376.36 Distance Ran

SB ran the first st to F21 300.6
Froden St To F21 304.26

However from F23 onwards Froden ran faster sectionals.

If you take the ground covered then SB could be perhaps marked up on Speed Ratings and final time.

Sandhog

Yearling
Frodon was the clear winner of the race and crossed the line first.
That's what counts in my book.

On to the next ( crisis). :)

Chesham

Sire
Frodon was the clear winner of the race and crossed the line first.
That's what counts in my book.

On to the next ( crisis). :)
Agreed Froden was the deserved winner and was up against much higher rated horses than SB and made the ones that Froden raced against look silly.
I think most of us just appreciate the Sport, Sportsmen and Sportswomen who compete day in day out, risking their lives and horses who give their all amd risking their lives too. The horses are like warriors.

Chesham

Sire
Interesting information about distance covered Chesham Chesham. Where do you find this data? And is it available for all races/courses?
ATR have sectional times but do not have the distance covered. Racing TV have the Sectional for the Boxing Day Kempton Meeting amd they have the Distance covered, using GPS Tracking. It was supposed to be introduced for all courses that Racing TV Covered

Talking about NH sectionals always makes me smile.

Yesterday the race distances at Wetherby were increased by up to +456yds, you might ask would that affect the sectionals?

When I have to adjust the winning times by 30.4s due to the rail movements, do you honestly believe sectionals will tell you squat.

Mike.

Chesham

Sire
The only thing that sectional might tell with regards NH Racing is how much ground each horse actually covered . In the case of Kempton it was the same Rails Settings for Froden and SB , so the actual distance each horse covered is different depending on the course taken ie Kept to the inside . In the case of SB although raced on exactly the same Course Distance and Rails setting covered nearly 50 yds more ground Than Froden.

Both I presume are rated as far as speed is concerned over exactly the same distance .

Wetherby is unlikely to have Sectional Times returned. The sectional Times with tell you not a lot for NH racing except the Actual Distance of ground covered thanks to GPS Tracking. ATR does not have GPS Tracing as far as I am aware .

It wou;d be interesting TheBluesBrother TheBluesBrother to see if it alters your final times much for these two horses

Final Time for Frodon and 5327.18 Distance ran
Final Time and 5376.36 Distance Ran

I know that you already have SB with a Better Rating than Froden Achieved.

Just interested to see if the Rating over Froden is extended with GPS Measurement of Distance

Always very difficult with Speed Ratings and even sectionals when we often see Fences or Hurdles omitted due to Sunlight , but needed for safety reasons.

Chesham Chesham

Looking at the figures you quoted, you would have to add the following to the speed figures, it would make a massive difference.

Frodon +9lbs
Shan Blue +18lbs

Mike.

Last edited:

Chesham

Sire
Chesham Chesham

Looking at the figures you quoted, you would have to add the following to the speed figures, it would make a massive difference.

Frodon +9lbs
Shan Blue +18lbs

Mike.
It’s a shame that all courses don’t have GPS Tracking as you would not have to worry about rail movements. There would still the problem with Femces and hurdles being omitted though

Outlander

Gelding
It’s a shame that all courses don’t have GPS Tracking as you would not have to worry about rail movements. There would still the problem with Femces and hurdles being omitted though
Even if they do have gps tracking, which they already have for all ATR courses and I believe all U.K. RTV tracks now, they wouldn’t make it available in a format where it could be used properly anyway.

Chesham

Sire
Even if they do have gps tracking, which they already have for all ATR courses and I believe all U.K. RTV tracks now, they wouldn’t make it available in a format where it could be used properly anyway.
ATR do not have distance covered anyway so next to useless . Racing TV were supposed to have all courses c
according to the Jockey club. so far only the big meetings like Boxing Day , and not every meeting, again useless.

Sectional timing data from RMG's racecourses

Outlander

Gelding
Yes that’s kind of the point really even when they have gps capabilities they will make it useless by not delivering the full data in a useable format to the consumer, it’s obvious it’s 2020 and they can’t even time races properly yet or measure from A to B.

Sandhog

Yearling
Maybe lanes like at swimming? :D
Not for me, all this hi-teching of a simple, basic, thing like racing. I should point out that I go ( in normal times) to flapping races where they go like the clappers.
if ye look on youtube Dingle Derby,2011, you can see me in the first four minutes, sitting on a bale of hay eating a burger. I look like a monkey with an apple!
That day I had the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd in the final.

Didn't know anything on the first two days and there didn't seem much in the way of form. Total good fortune and stealth, I got a result.
That's another story.

And, furthermore,
if we worry about yards and inches, what about the basic bit of info they don't give us in this country, ie. the actual weight of the horse.??

At the trotting ( cart racing), some outfits actually send off blood samples to laboratories to accurately guage how their animal actually is. It does work, imo, and I'm a believer.
Trouble is they don't tell us.

I'd suggest those other two Nicholls' runners weren't spot on tip top that day. Nor that Altior yesterday, imo. I'd like to see the scans and blood ( with a vet). :)

It ain't easy, this game. I love it, and I'm not much good at it.