• Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a free 7 day trial of Horseracebase here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Horseracebase so help is always available if needed, as well as dedicated section of the fourm here.
    Best Wishes
    AR

Win Lay Test

A two day Lay test for afternoon races has produced some nice results. This is setting a max win odds of 3.45. and a fixed Liability of £25.00 Thus if the odds are 3.45 the stake will be £10.20 producing a nett profit of £10.00 if successful. If the odds at the off are less than 3.45 then a larger stake and profit will ensue. Maximum loss if the lay fails will obviously be the set £25.00. These are the results for yesterday and today. I have not included the unmatched selections where I would have applied the 3.45 as a K bet but tomorrow I will list all the complying selections and record all the results whether matched or unmatched. Needless to say these are paper stakes!

Results :

1605807237658.png

I'm quite happy to tell you the method. I'm an enthusiastic subscriber to Inform Racing Speed ratings and explore all the combinations in an attempt to find backing and laying systems.

I don't wish to upset the Moderators or Ian at Inform Ratings by revealing the method without their say so. I'm going to e-mail Ian now to make sure that he is OK and if one of the Moderators will give permission, then OK. I am not anything to do with Inform Ratings btw. apart from being a subscriber!! I know in the past that on other forums it might be regarded as not the done the thing to mention a Professional Rating company/Tipster etc so I'm just wishing to make sure that all is OK.

Funny you should mention that as I have been going through their tweets And found this

I tried to match it but the ratings are a large part of it and I don't subscribe

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201120-174322_Twitter.jpg
    Screenshot_20201120-174322_Twitter.jpg
    266.6 KB · Views: 20
Late on parade this morning so just these five.

I've been in contact with Ian at Inform and his initial thought is that with only two days published results I should test the method a little more, possibly applying some filters etc. Seems an eminently sensible suggestion.! In retrospect I don't think releasing the system at the moment would be sensible if you are not a subscriber to Inform Ratings as it wouldn't make any sense. I have suggested perhaps if this remains profitable it might become part of their system portfolio. BTW just as a check at the moment I ignore NH Flat races, evening races and Irish races as Inform doesn't rate them

Capture.PNG

Today's results : Firstly the Lays where there were two unmatched, two successful and one not, for a small loss of £2.04 but still a satisfactory paper profit of £130.61 after 4 days :

Capture.PNG

Results for the day. As suspected 8 of the 9 selections required K bets and only two met the 3.45 in running but all were successful Lays and I'm happy to say the days profit was £35.91 and for the first five days a profit of £166.52 was achieved......if only it keeps going I might have to chuck some real money at it....but not yet:)

Capture.PNG

Results for the day included a First, only the second in 28 selections so far, three successful and one unmatched for a small profit of £5.90!

Capture.PNG

Been out all morning until now. Just two, one of which goes now!

2.25 Weth: Some Reign
2.50 Her : Valse Au Taillon

Both Lays were successful. Annoyingly looking back from the 2.25 there would have been 5 other selections, two unmatched and three successful at 3.45K/2.09/3.1! Shouldn't have gone out! Not counted though in the results spreadsheet below:

Capture.PNG

Back