• Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a free 7 day trial of Horseracebase here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Horseracebase so help is always available if needed, as well as dedicated section of the fourm here.
    Best Wishes
    AR

Trainer comments

Apologies for no write ups but I’ve had email this morning informing me of what I must do to reopen my club on Monday and it’s thrown me a bit so time is short

Newm 4.20 Sir Oliver 9/2
Ham 8.20 Global Humour 5/1
Newb 3.25 Let’s Rip 7/1
Trecelyn - what are the new rules please

Our local licensing authority have told us anyone caught not abiding by the 2m rule will get an enforcement notice raised against them, fair enough thems the rules if we want to open but everywhere else this is not enforced which makes you wonder a little what is going on, a strict one way system has to be in place which means in my club if you want to use the toilet you then have to exit the building, walk around the block come back in to get to your seat. we have to employ a COVID monitor ourselves who is Separate from the bar staff to ensure everything is clean and everyone is biding by the rules. Table service only which means employing yet another member of staff, we have 2 bars in the club so we have potentially gone from 2 staff to 5 which will result in us making a loss, oh and the local authority have gone from 2 enforcement officers to 12 to make sure we are doing all the above, the same authority that is turning off street lights and shutting leisure centres because they have no money.

My sympathies, trecelyn trecelyn . It must be real difficult.
Like most traumatic events, some gain and many lose.

I was in Aberfan a few years after the Disaster. It was both intriguing and appalling to see how differently folks got treated. It caused a fair bit of bad feeling.

Recently, my daughter ( elsewhere) could get no help with her B&B; just got offered poor ( couldn't pay) " covid security officers" from Africa as guests. Looked like their agent was running some scam, as the poor chaps never had money to pay their digs.
On the other hand, her friend, in minor business and married to a contractor defied the guidelines to go on holiday in Turkey. Got the cocid, and then, unbelievably, both got big cheques off the State. How? Dunno.
After a week or two they recovered and just carried on working! Actually, made money out of the whole thing.

Anyway, none of that is about trainers.;
A bit like the btfr forum jinx, just say a trainer or jockey is no good, and , sure enough they'll pop up with good winners. :)
I'm guilty of this.
Lost faith in Dave Loughnane and, not long after, he put in a good one. Luckily, on that occasion, I was not as rigidly set in my attitudes, so managed to get on.

Over decades, I found that sticking religiously to systems, methods, pre-conceived views, cost me plenty.

Hopefully, time has mellowed me enough to see that opportunities can pop up anytime,but, not to order.

Good luck with the club. Pob hwyl!.

Goo
Our local licensing authority have told us anyone caught not abiding by the 2m rule will get an enforcement notice raised against them, fair enough thems the rules if we want to open but everywhere else this is not enforced which makes you wonder a little what is going on, a strict one way system has to be in place which means in my club if you want to use the toilet you then have to exit the building, walk around the block come back in to get to your seat. we have to employ a COVID monitor ourselves who is Separate from the bar staff to ensure everything is clean and everyone is biding by the rules. Table service only which means employing yet another member of staff, we have 2 bars in the club so we have potentially gone from 2 staff to 5 which will result in us making a loss, oh and the local authority have gone from 2 enforcement officers to 12 to make sure we are doing all the above, the same authority that is turning off street lights and shutting leisure centres because they have no money.
Good Luck on the Re opening Trec
its a tough old situation and the adjustments and costing will take awhile and people will be wondering why bars and restaurants have too increase prices but also try too stay competitive , im a very socialble person but still very wary of being out at pubs at the moment especially out drinking outside in this crappy weather lol ..i recently had shoulder surgery that has also kept me in lol but on the plus side i started healthy eating and no drinking has been a success of 12 lb loss in just under two weeks hopefully by monday will be a stone then i can have a little treat as going for a curry .... i really do hope people support your bar and going forward can be a success and hopefully restrictions ease in time and we can all see a bit of normality returning

Wishing you Success and Happy Punting

The rules are equally bonkers out here as well.
There's no two metre rule, at a bar we can sit six to a table if we're outside but only four if we want to sit inside.

I travelled to Shropshire a few weeks ago and found that folk were allowed to sit ( without masks) in a six-seater area.
When one wanted to go to the toilet, rarely would he have on the mask as he passed (closely) the others.
This was all in a garden.

I don't think logic comes into it in practice. I felt no fear of covid and hope to be on the Hill foe the Derby.

There is no logic to any of it, the politicians say they are following the evidence given to them by the experts but surely the advice has got be on similar lines as these so called experts are all looking at the same data, but if you ask them what data they are following the silence is deafening and different rules in different areas does not make sense, we should all follow one set of guidelines for the entire UK. I’m obviously on one side of the fence because it’s my livelihood but the Welsh government does not like/understand the hospitality industry and as a result treat it with contempt.

Then again if you give a load of experts a race to unravel I doubt very much they would come to the same conclusion so perhaps I’m being a bit tough on them

I'll be dead , of course, but 'd love to see the 50 years later report on all this!
'Twould be very revealing, I'd say.
Folks on ego trips and all.

Good luck with the club!

Point is drinking has increased immensely; speaking to a dustman, he said his recycling truck ( bottles and cans) gets full half way round the round.
Old drunken gals come out rearing up why didn't he pick up all her garbage.
When he explains they gotta go back to the yard to unload, she gets the hump and says she's going to do this that and whatever.

Imo, we have to accept the reality of what is really going on. Can't all be solo drinking by families, can it? :eek:

Better to let the professionals deal with the drinkers in the proper place the pub and the club.

Experiencing a lull in the drinking game at the moment but the catering side marches on full force but it does give me a bit of spare time.

Ive been interested in horses for over 40 years now and must admit to have tried every method under the sun and a few that aren’t success when it has come has been brief followed by barren times and loads of self doubt. i’ve read so many books, systems, articles and bastardised a lot of them to try and find a way that suits me but unfortunately few if any have worked, even when I get a successful idea I move on because it is not successful enough. This haphazard approach resulted in me falling out of love with the game and cutting it completely out of my life for a couple of years but the pull is very strong and I find myself back at the helm of the Trecelyn punting ship and more importantly enjoying the puzzle set before me.

I marvel at the input of the people on this forum and read avidly not so much nowadays to find that perfect method but more as an inspiration to keep me going, The advice on here is straight to the point without being critical which I have seen on other forums resulting in many bust ups.

I‘ve gone back to one of my favourite places where I read the form book and try and work out what the trainers line of thought with their horse are and then trawl social media to see if I can back this up, it suits my time restraints and my concentration levels, I don’t bet every day and more importantly the thrill is back for me.

In the 1.22 ar Market Rasen today Small Present returns to hurdling after a poor fencing debut, the gelding was in cracking form over hurdles winning its last 3 races over 3m+, its the kind of horse I like to watch out for, you know it’s got ability and the trainer has something in mind for it otherwise she probably would have kept him over fences, ill be watching today and hoping for the trainer to get a pre or post race interview, I’m backing Teescomponents Lad to place in this one with one eye glued onto the aforementioned

Will be interesting to see where small present goes next after his 3rd place yesterday. Nothing on the betting front for me today but I will be watching Brandon Castle Ascot 2.40 who I think is way over priced but can‘t bring myself to part with any cash on him today, working behind the bar today so I get to watch all the days racing and get paid for it, sometimes you gotta love your job.

Jersey Bean H12.40 will be a lot sharper today and trainer believes him to be a good stayer in the making just does not want it too soft. Navajo Pass H1.15 if the wind op has worked should go very close

Back