• Hi Guest, The forum will be moving hosts on 26 July and as such will be closed from Midday until the move has completed.
    As we will be with new hosts it may take a while before DNS get updated so it could take while before you can get back on the forum.
    I think it will take at least 4 hours but could easily be 48!
    Ark Royal
  • There seems to be a problem with some alerts not being emailed to members. I have told the hosts and they are investigating.
  • Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a 20% discount on Inform Racing.
    Simply enter the coupon code ukbettingform when subscribing here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Inform Racing so help is always available if needed.
    Best Wishes
    AR
  • Sorry for the ongoing issues that you may have been experiencing whilst using the forum lately

It really is frustrating when the forum slows down or Server Error 500 pops up.

Apparently the hosts acknowledge there is a problem.
    Thank you for using our services and sorry for the experienced delay!
    Unfortunately, these errors are due to a higher server load. Our senior department knows about the issue and they are working towards a permanent resolution of the issue, however, I'd advise you to consider using our new cPanel cloud solutions: https://www.tsohost.com/web-hosting

I will have to investigate what the differences are with what We have know compared to the alternative service they want us to migrate to.
    Keep safe.
    AR

Trainer comments

Chesham

Sire
One that was not from my analysis but my local butcher (Arthur) who purchased his meat off the hoof (that’s what he called it) was always at the cattle auctions and mixed with those in Know and had a Good knowledge of what Martin Tate was planning and he gave me some nice touches. One that springs to mind was Von Trappe who landed some nice bets at the Cheltenham festival that year .
One thing about Arthur he did not place money on a horse unless it was a decent price and he knew that the information was 100% solid. Arthur Was a 3rd generation butcher and was brought up the hard way with regards work ethics and money. I once asked him where he went for his holidays and he replied I don’t need to go anywhere, every day is a holiday for me in this shop. When I first moved in the village I was a student and he always put me straight on what was the best meat to buy cheaply and how to cook it to get the best result. I’m sure he gave me more than My moneys worth as it always seemed such a low price when I paid . He was a true gentleman, his wife was more like Annie Walker out of coronation street and totally different to Arthur .

Sandhog

Filly
Yes, in some ways I think butchers and publicans were the real hub of life in small towns and villages.
Another might be the milkman.
Three trades that seem to be on the way out. :idk:

Where will we get our local contacts?

Chesham

Sire
Yes, in some ways I think butchers and publicans were the real hub of life in small towns and villages.
Another might be the milkman.
Three trades that seem to be on the way out. :idk:

Where will we get our local contacts?
I once knew some one (Sadly no longer alive) who was the Form student for Martin Tate . The form student later became a on Course Bookie with a few pitches. His wife worked at the same hospital as myself and he made his living around the Horses. The pub that we both drank in had a Saturday Naps Competion and I managed to bag 2nd Prize after trailing for weeks with Maori Venture in the Grand National.

Happy Days

PS the pub did best cold Beef Brisket Baps I have ever tasted . Saturday Lunch Times in that pub were always good

I know much more now than back then, but it was more fun in a way as I was still learning many new things to explore.

trecelyn

Yearling
Newbury 3.20
Matthew Flinders trainer really does think a lot of this horse and big things are expected this season, does not want any cut in the ground which will explain his poor run at York LTO.

“He is a lovely horse, he is looking fantastic, moving great and I can’t wait to see him run. This looks an ideal starting point for him and I’m sure whilst he will no doubt improve for the run he’s certainly fit enough to do himself justice and I’m hopeful of a very big run. “

trecelyn

Yearling
Interesting trecelyn trecelyn. I was looking at this one. Better check again now you've mentioned it.
since I started looking at this again after a break of a couple of years I have had 17 bets only 2 of which have won, so a watching brief is advised at present. When I did this previously I started off covering all the online content and interviews of trainers to give as much info as possible but I soon realised this was a huge mistake.

I found that the info I had gathered had to be treated subjectively and I had to concentrate on a select number of trainers. I started off with 30 but even this small number was too much and so I ended up with 8 NH and 9 mainly flat based yards. With this small number and with the help of HRB I managed to get somewhere.

A lot of these trainers either don’t train anymore or dont give out the same info so I’m effectively starting from scratch again. I have to try and understand how this new batch operate and then hopefully the losers will become less

trecelyn

Yearling
3 year old handicaps have never been a happy hunting ground for myself so I’m probably asking for a kicking today.
Leicester 4.30 Headora

I think the stable were expecting this one to win last time but ended up getting hampered and plodding on for 5th. Has shown no ill effects at home and continues to work well so hopefully today’s the day

trecelyn

Yearling
Disappointing result yesterday, this is still very much work in progress as I search fir my final list of trainers.
Wetherby 2.40 Favourite Niece 14-1

Trainer thinks this filly could be a nice horse in the making but a lot of trainers feel that way about their charges at this stage in their career, I can always remember George Baker saying the start of the flat season sees a lot of aspiring swans actually turn out to be ugly ducklings and lofty targets have to be redrawn as you discover a horses true ability.

Back to Favourite Niece the extra distance and slightly uphill finish should suit her galloping style of running, whilst talking about Ann Duffield she runs a horse called Arnold today at the same meeting and the RP comment says the horse doesn’t find a lot for pressure but if you read the trainers comments on him you get a totally different story, he has to be produced as late as possible, jockey on him today knows this and if he gets cover could pop up at a tasty price

trecelyn

Yearling
Favourite Niece placed at 22/1 just need Arnold to do the same in the 4.40 and the weekend will be a good one

trecelyn

Yearling
Newmarket 2.25 Judicial

This has been the early season target since end of last season, been working well at home, goes well fresh and a big chance to collect this afternoon, currently available at 6/1

trecelyn

Yearling
Newton Abbot 4.07 Balladame

previous trainer was talking of an Imminent win with this one so I was surprised to see it change stables,I’m taking a punt here but giving a horse can sometimes find a little improvement on their stable debuts I’ll take a little of the 4-1

trecelyn

Yearling
Been a bit quiet lately but have one for today

W7.55 Ballyare

Has been a model of consistency and today’s conditions will play to his strengths. Has won off this mark before and another good run is expected.

tacker

Mare
Been a bit quiet lately but have one for today

W7.55 Ballyare

Has been a model of consistency and today’s conditions will play to his strengths. Has won off this mark before and another good run is expected.
Hi trecelyn trecelyn , I'm a little confused how this works, is this quote for today or for his last run at muss ?
The reason i ask is today's conditions at wetherby ( soft, good to soft in places ) are different from the good ground he raced on at muss.

trecelyn

Yearling
Apologies for no write ups but I’ve had email this morning informing me of what I must do to reopen my club on Monday and it’s thrown me a bit so time is short

Newm 4.20 Sir Oliver 9/2
Ham 8.20 Global Humour 5/1
Newb 3.25 Let’s Rip 7/1