• Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a free 7 day trial of Horseracebase here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Horseracebase so help is always available if needed, as well as dedicated section of the fourm here.
    Best Wishes
    AR

Steve's AW Speed Ratings

Hi J JeffFriedman yes there is, are speed ratings something you are wanting to do ? if so then be warned it is very time consuming even for myself just doing the all weather courses.
The more you can automate the better, this is an excellent place to start Early days and you can learn alot from reading that thread.
If you need any help then just ask and if i can i will or any questions, one thing i will say tho is have a really good look around the forum as there are some little gems in amongst it all that can help volumes and welcome to the forum by the way.
cheers
SteveT
Thank you, SteveT SteveT. yes, I would like to have a look at the process behind the speed ratings. I would like to learn how to do it, even if it's something I later on decide I don't want to continue on with. I like to learn new things - I like to experiment with different systems and see if I can discover something that will turn out to be reasonably profitable. I will have a look at the early days thread.

Thank you
Jeff

Hi J JeffFriedman if you subscribe to horse race base then this template will help you to get started, it was made by one of the forum members to help some else get started and already has a set of standard times with it which will save you alot of time.
I also have this that i used when i first started out with creating my own figures, it is not something i use anymore as you will learn over time to make your own ratings and you will find as you progress and learn more then you are constantly looking to improve things until you come up with a system that make you happy.
Speed ratings are only a tool to help reduce the time spent studying a card just like any other set of ratings and perhaps give you an edge over the mainstream and find something that others have overlooked.

Attachments

• speedratingtemplate2.0.xlsx
    1.5 MB · Views: 6
  • SPEED FIGURES.docx
    119.6 KB · Views: 7
Todays cards
Thanks for these Steve T. Is Dundalk still consistent for speed ratings? I used to use them years ago with another speed rating service and Dundalk produced the best results out of all the AW courses. Kempton SR's was never accurate to use to predict winners. Do you have results by course by any chance? Apologies if this is discussed somewhere else on this 69 page thread.... lol.

Thanks for these Steve T. Is Dundalk still consistent for speed ratings? I used to use them years ago with another speed rating service and Dundalk produced the best results out of all the AW courses. Kempton SR's was never accurate to use to predict winners. Do you have results by course by any chance? Apologies if this is discussed somewhere else on this 69 page thread.... lol.
Hi T TheGreenTrader TBH i have found with my ratings at least that i have spells of consistancy in as much as they can be consistant for a few weeks then all of a sudden they are way out.
I do believe that sometimes this is due to me having not updated my database for a week due to being at work and not having the time to do it, other times i have noticed that it seems like everyone is having a bad time of it.
I do keep all my results sheets for each day that i put up here and have the results/ratings in my database.
cheers
SteveT

Been a little quiet on here of late, sorry about that but had to update my database and cant believe i let it get so far behind by nearly 3 weeks so taken awhile to do.
So here is todays card

Attachments

• Dund171121.xlsx
    104.1 KB · Views: 5
Back