• Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a free 7 day trial of Horseracebase here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Horseracebase so help is always available if needed, as well as dedicated section of the fourm here.
    Best Wishes
    AR

Snooker

Ronnie O’Sullivan gets new Championship League Snooker schedule after withdrawals.

Ng On Yee and Zhou Yuelong have withdrawn from the upcoming Championship League Snooker, with amateur pair Saqib Nasir and Joshua Thomond coming in to replace them.
On Yee was due to make her debut as a professional in the event in memorable fashion as she was placed alongside Ronnie O’Sullivan in Group 32, but has withdrawn due to coronavirus.
Wayne Griffiths, head coach at the Hong Kong Sports Institute, explained that travelling to the UK has been deemed too risky amid the enormous rise in Covid-19 cases that is still ongoing.
‘I can confirm that On Yee has withdrawn from the Championship League based on recommendations from the HKSI’s sports medicine department,’ Griffiths told the South China Morning Post.
‘The UK has been placed in the highest risk A1 category so we have to consider athlete welfare as our main priority.
‘We will continue to monitor the situation closely and we hope to enter upcoming WST [World Snooker Tour] events as soon as it is considered safe to do so.’ ;)

Ronnie O’Sullivan gets new Championship League Snooker schedule after withdrawals.

Covid still running the world. Can't blame them travelling for just one event. Obviously very unlikely On Yee would make progress. Yuelong said he had 3 weeks in Covid prison on return to China and wanted more time at home. Return when the season gets really underway.

Six Karachi cueists qualify for National Snooker​

KARACHI: Sultan Mohammad, Jawed Ansari, Farrukh Usman, Iftikhar Khan, Faizan Ahmed and Ali Hamza, all of them from Karachi, qualified for the upcoming National Snooker Championship by overcoming their respective rivals in the pre-quarter-finals of the 29th Sindh Cup Snooker Tournament 2020-21 here at the Legends Snooker Club in Gulistan-e-Jauhar on Friday.

The only two outstation cueists to have made it to the pre-quarters, Taufiq Memon and Umar Memon, belonging to Hyderabad, were engaged in fierce battle with Ian Mark John and Abdul Sattar, respectively, as their pre-quarters were still in progress at the time of filing of this report.
According to the results of the six completed pre-quarter-finals, made available by the Sindh Billiard & Snooker Association (SBSA), Sultan Muhammad outwitted Agha Bilawal 5-2 with the frame scores of 5-59, 89-64, 64-24, 44-23, 70-25, 22-62, 49-48. Jawed Ansari overpowered Muhammad Ali 5-3 with the scores of 82-29, 19-62, 65-36, 48-64, 22-80, 48-27, 63-25, 56-49.
Farrukh Usman re-entered the mainstream arena by toppling Ali Raza 5-1 with the scores of 73-1, 72-13, 36-74, 63-47, 53-44, 59-28. Iftikhar Khan knocked over Naim-ul-Naseer 5-2 with the frame scores of 69-56, 42-58, 71-18, 80-31, 59-6, 35-57, 57-43.
Faizan Ahmed was equally ruthless in toppling Kashif Khan 5-1 with the scores of 62-33, 18-55, 44-28, 52-43, 65-0, 58-43. Ali Hamza dashed the veteran Sohail Shahzad’s hopes by outclassing him 5-2 with the frame scores of 71-33, 64-32, 41-86, 2-65, 50-19, 57-33, 65-18.
As declared earlier by the Pakistan Billiards & Snooker Association (PBSA), all the eight quarter-finalists of the Sindh Cup will earn a berth in this year’s Nationals expected to be held here next month. ;)

Snooker news: 'John is a very humble person' – Matthew Selt thanks Chelsea icon John Terry ahead of new season​

Matthew Selt is relishing the chance to build on his strong finish to last season when the new snooker campaign gets underway with the Championship League breaking off in Leicester on Sunday. The world number 30 has revealed how a summer golf trip to Scotland with close friend Stephen Hendry and former Chelsea captain John Terry has boosted his morale.​

Matthew Selt has revealed how a golfing trip to Scotland with Chelsea icon and snooker fan John Terry has given him the perfect motivation ahead of the new campaign.
2019 Indian Open winner Selt starts his Championship League bid on Tuesday 3 August at Morningside Arena in Leicester when he contests Group 27 alongside Ashley Carty, Lukas Kleckers and Fraser Patrick.
Selt lost 4-1 to world number one Judd Trump in the semi-finals of the Gibraltar Open in March and qualified for the World Championship in April before losing 10-3 to Barry Hawkins in the first round at the Crucible.
The Essex player believes he can learn a lot from the mental strength of retired 78-times capped former England captain Terry, who lifted the Champions League, Europa League, five Premier League titles and five FA Cups during a trophy-laden 19-year spell at Stamford Bridge between 1998 until 2017.
“It was ridiculous. I was like a kid at Christmas," said 36-year-old Selt after his trip to Loch Lomond, former home of the Scottish Open, with seven-times world champion Stephen Hendry.
"I stayed a night before at the hotel in Luton as I didn’t want to miss the flight. What a treat. Those things don’t come around very often. To be invited and be able to do it was incredible. Loch Lomond was phenomenal, not a blade of grass out of place.
"We drove to this private hanger and just jumped on the plane. We got off the plane and a car drove us to Loch Lomond. What an experience.

John chartered the jet for us to go up there. He is an incredibly generous person. The guy I sat next to on the plane is a member up at Loch Lomond and paid for everything. I was mixing in circles that I would never be involved in.
“John is a very humble person. We couldn’t land into Luton on the way back and had to land at and get a car over to Luton. We were all sat in the back of this car late at night.
"It was him and a guy called Zane Scotland, who used to be a professional golfer. We were talking about feelings and emotions associated with professional sport. It was nice to get a different point of view from a golfer and a footballer.
"Ultimately, we are playing different sports but we all want the same thing and that is to win.
"Just to dive into that mindset of someone who has achieved what John has, was really nice.”
Selt has been as high as 20 in the world rankings five years ago, but is striving for the consistency that can see him take the next step in the sport.
"For the real top guys, the super elite, it doesn’t matter how they are feeling deep down as they know they have the game to compete in any round of any tournament," said Selt speaking to World Snooker Tour.
"That is something we are all trying to work towards. It would be nice to be able to go to a tournament thinking I can compete, even when I don’t feel particularly good about my game. ;)

On only his second appearance in the event, 19-year-old William Bjerregaard Jakobsen defeated Jakob Lund Andersen 4-3 in the final to win the 2021 Danish National Snooker Championship at the Copenhagen Pool and Snooker House.

William-Bjerregaard-Jakobsen.jpg
Organised by the Danish Billiard Union, a total of 56 players entered this year’s event in the capital city, with the country’s top 16 ranked players automatically placed into the last 32 where they met the qualifiers. First held in 1990, this was the 32nd edition of the championship.
After receiving a walkover in the last 32, Jakobsen eliminated Carl-Emil Hartig Rysgaard 3-0 in the last 16, national ranked number one and last year’s runner-up Per Micki Christensen 3-2 in the quarter-finals and five-time Danish champion Allan Norvark 3-1 in the semi-finals.
On his way to the final, Andersen ousted record 13-time champion Rune Kampe 3-2 in the last 16 and then eight-time defending champion Daniel Kandi by the same score in the last four. Kandi – who registered a 147 in this event in 2018 – had not long returned home from the UK having taken part in Q School.

Jakobsen-1.jpg

Featuring two maiden finalists, the title match was a nervy and topsy-turvy affair with both players holding the lead and never more than a frame between them. Jakobsen came back from 2-3 down, claiming the last two frames for a 4-3 victory to become only the eighth different winner of the event.
Jakobsen’s progress in the sport is very notable. He began playing a Danish billiards game called Skittlebillard when he was just 4-years-old and briefly tried snooker when he became a teen. After an absence from the baize, Jakobsen has returned to snooker over the past 18 months and now trains between 60 to 80 hours a week in the hope of turning professional in the future.
Following his triumph, Jakobsen – who is from the small town of Vig and mainly hones his skills at the Asnæs Grevinge Billiard Club – said “It feels so incredibly good that all my training has been successful and that I achieved what I had set out for. It’s something surreal and a huge relief, while at the same time I’m proud of my achievement. I look forward to representing Denmark in future tournaments.” ;)

Judd Trump says playing Ronnie O’Sullivan is ‘not like a game of snooker’ but he relishes the challenge of the ‘argy-bargy and mind games’ that come with taking on the Rocket.
The world number one has an excellent record against the six-time world champion, winning his last three matches against O’Sullivan to give him a winning record in the head-to-head.
Trump has won five of his last six meeting with the Rocket, including the Masters final and three finals of the Northern Ireland Open, and says facing O’Sullivan in showpiece matches, in front of rowdy crowds is ideal for him.

Facing the sport’s most popular figure in front of a full house would be intimidating for many, but Trump loves the challenge, which is unlike anything else in the sport.

‘Whenever there is a crowd in town – it hasn’t been the same for the last 18 months – you want to play Ronnie because the atmosphere is different class and everyone gets behind him,’ Trump told Sporting Life.
‘For me, that spurs me on to go out there and shine and take away his fans. I know it’s going to be a bigger audience when Ronnie’s around, so for me it’s an extra chance to show what I can do.
Betfred World Snooker Championship - Day Ten

Trump had great results behind closed doors but is excited by the return of crowds (Picture: Getty Images)
‘It’s completely different to playing anyone else. If you’re playing any other player, you just play your own game, but when you’re playing him, it’s like you’re playing in his show.
‘He really feels like he owns the table and it can be quite difficult to play against. His mannerisms and everything, he’s quite in your face; it’s not like a game of snooker, there’s a bit of argy-bargy and mind games going on at the same time. It’s a massive match-up.’
Judd and Ronnie have met just once on the biggest stage in the game, with O’Sullivan winning 17-11 in the semi-finals of the 2013 World Championship.
Trump has gone on to great success since then though, winning the world title in 2019, and fans would love to see the two biggest draws in the game currently clash once again at the Crucible.

More: Snooker

zone post image for post 14944998
Championship League Snooker 2021 draw, schedule, TV channel, live stream and prize money
zone post image for post 14883205
SightRight's Steve Feeney reimagines junior and amateur snooker in new venture
zone post image for post 14836006
Ronnie O'Sullivan: Snooker is 'a waste of a life' for most players
Both Trump and O’Sullivan are entered into the Championship League, starting on Sunday, with the world number one not playing till 6 August in Group One, while the Rocket is in action on 20 July in Group 32.
Participation is not confirmed yet, but both are expected to be playing in the British Open in August and could face each other at any stage with a random draw being made at the end of each round.
There will be no seedings in the tournament that boasts a top prize of £100,000 so top players can meet at any stage at the Morningside Arena in Leicester.
Shown live on ITV, the event runs from 16-22 August.
MORE : Ronnie O’Sullivan gets new Championship League Snooker schedule after withdrawals
MORE : ‘I don’t like my chances against Ronnie O’Sullivan or Judd Trump, I need to change my mentality, ‘ admits Zhou Yuelong
For more stories like this, check our sport page
Follow Metro Sport across our social channels, on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram ;)

preview image for Mum reveals hack to get kids to put all their toys away

Battle for world number one heats up with new season days away​

Nigel Slater / 3 days ago

By Alex Driscoll
The battle for the world number one spot is sure to hot up the new snooker season with newly crowned Crucible winner Mark Selby on a mission to knock Judd Trump off his perch.
After his fourth World Championship crown, Selby is close to overtaking world number one Judd Trump for the first time since March 2019.
And Selby indicated after his memorable World Championship more than two months ago that retaining the world ranking top spot was in his eye line.
“That’s my aim to try and get back to world number one, and I’m heading in the right direction,” he said just minutes after beating Shaun Murphy in the World Championship final.
The pair will go into this season with less than £150,000 in ranking points separating them, taking their rivalry across 17 confirmed ranking events with the potential for another three. Snooker will head to new locations this season with the Turkish Masters debuting on the tour in the final week of September and Leicester hosting their first ranking events during the new season – starting this weekend.
One of the most exciting tournaments upcoming, however, is the return of the British Open in August for the first time since 2004.

New World Snooker Tour chairman Steve Dawson said: “We are delighted to bring back the British Open, which has a fantastic history and has been won by many of the greats.”

Contesting these tournaments alongside Selby and Trump will be women stars Reanne Evans and Ng On Yee who both received two-year tour cards earlier this year.

Between Evans and On Yee, they have won every Women’s World Championship since 2005, Evans winning 12 and On Yee three.

On Yee said: “This is an absolute dream come true, hopefully I can get the most out of this opportunity.”

Snooker is also to benefit with the return of fans at matches with tickets available for many of this season’s ranking events.
;)
untitled-design-17.jpg

So the new season started yesterday with the seemingly drawn out Champions League beginning. Lacking a lot of Chinese players as even their elite sportsmen had to endure hotel imprisonment on their return to the virtually Covid clear home. So they are not rushing back for a month long tournament.

Still until snooker can return to China it is hard for the Hearn's to come up with enough events in the UK and Europe.

So day 1 a minor shock as Mark Williams is ko'd and can spend the summer holidays with the kids. 128 start in groups of 4 and just the winners qualify for the next round in a few weeks time.

First day qualifiers are Ricky Walden (top rated in his group) and Peter Lines surprise winner of the Williams' group.

The event is on Freesport but not always all day - 422 Sky, or Internet bookies or MAtchroom TV.

Todays group ratings from myself are below - none for Wilson.

1626687484138.png

Championship League Snooker 2021 draw, schedule, groups, TV channel, live stream and prize money.

The 2021/22 snooker season gets underway with the latest edition of Championship League Snooker, beginning on Sunday 18 July and running all the way until 13 August.
32 groups of four will be played over Stage One, with the winners of each progressing to Stage Two where eight further groups will be played. Those eight winners compete in two final groups on 13 August, with those two winners contesting the final.
Got it?
It is a long old tournament, with all matches played over a best of four format until the best of five final.
There may be no Mark Selby or Neil Robertson but the likes of Judd Trump, Ronnie O’Sullivan, John Higgins and Mark Williams are all involved, hoping to pick up the first ranking title of the season.
There have been late withdrawals for Zhou Yuelong, Lu Ning, Ng On Yee and Alfie Burden, who have all been replaced in the draw.
Matches are played over two sessions, starting at midday and 5pm.

Championship League Snooker groups and schedule​

Week One
Sunday 18 July
Group 8
– Table 1
Mark Williams
Jak Jones
Peter Lines
Hammad Miah
Group 7
Ricky Walden
Nigel Bond
Allan Taylor
Oliver Brown
Monday 19 July
Group 19 – Table 1

Ali Carter
Dominic Dale
Sydney Wilson
Michael Georgiou
Group 23
Scott Donaldson
Alexander Ursenbacher
Aaron Hill
Leo Fernandez
Tuesday 20 July
Group 32
– Table 1
Ronnie O’Sullivan
Mark Joyce
Saqib Nasir
Ian Burns
Group 6
Michael Holt
Andrew Higginson
Fergal O’Brien
Mark Lloyd

Wednesday 21 July

Group 28
– Table 1
Barry Hawkins
Ben Woollaston
Zak Surety
Kuldesh Johal

Group 2
Jordan Brown
Stuart Carrington
Duane Jones
Michael Judge

Thursday 22 July

Group 3
– Table 1
Tom Ford
Simon Lichtenberg
Reanne Evans
Simon Blackwell

Group 10
Ben Fortey
David Grace
Farakh Ajaib
Bai Langning

Friday 23 July

Group 12
– Table 1
Anthony McGill
Mark Davis
Yuan Sijun
Billy Castle

Group 31
Luca Brecel
Pang Junxu
Chang Bingyu
Dean Young

Week Two

Monday 26 July

Group 14
– Table 1
Martin Gould
Ken Doherty
Rory McLeod
Ryan Davies

Group 13
Joshua Thomond
Oliver Lines
Peter Devlin
Luke Pinches

Tuesday 27 July

Group 9
– Table 1
John Higgins
Noppon Saengkham
Igor Figueiredo
Soheil Vahedi
Group 26
Gary Wilson
Stephen Hallworth
Cao Yupeng
James Cahill

Wednesday 28 July

Group 29
– Table 1
Thepchaiya Un-Nooh
Martin O’Donnell
Craig Steadman
Zhang Jiankang

Group 18
Robert Milkins
Jianbo Zhao
Gerard Greene
Haydon Pinhey

Thursday 29 July

Group 16
– Table 1
Kyren Wilson
Sam Craigie
Ben Hancorn
Dylan Emery

Group 20
Graeme Dott
Robbie Williams
Iulian Boiko
Si Jiahui

Friday 30 July

Group 21
– Table 1
Stuart Bingham
Elliot Slessor
Yang Gao
Michael White

Group 22
Ryan Day
Hossein Vafaei
Jackson Page
Barry Pinches

Monday 2 August

Group 4
– Table 1
Joe Perry
Jimmy Robertson
Shaun Maddocks
Jimmy White

Group 24
Stephen Maguire
Sunny Akani
Ashley Hugill
John Astley
Tuesday 3 August
Group 25
– Table 1
Yan Bingtao
Jamie Clarke
Louis Heathcote
Robbie McGuigan
Group 27
Matthew Selt
Ashley Carty
Lukas Kleckers
Fraser Patrick
Wednesday 4 August
Group 17
– Table 1
Shaun Murphy
Jamie Jones
Chen Zifan
Michael Collumb
Group 15
Matthew Stevens
Mark King
Andrew Pagett
Ross Muir
Thursday 5 August
Group 30
– Table 1
David Gilbert
Liam Highfield
Jamie Wilson
Sanderson Lam
Group 11
Zhao Xintong
Joe O’Connor
Andy Hicks
David Lilley
Friday 6 August
Group 1
– Table 1
Judd Trump
Anthony Hamilton
Lee Walker
Rod Lawler
Group 5
Mark Allen
Chris Wakelin
Mitchell Mann
Daniel Womersley
Full match schedule available here.

Championship League Snooker prize money​

Stage One
Winner: £3,000
Runner-up: £2,000
Third place: £1,000
Fourth place: £0

Stage Two
Winner: £4,000
Runner-up: £3,000
Third place: £2,000
Fourth place: £1,000

Stage Three
Winner: £6,000
Runner-up: £4,000
Third place: £2,000
Fourth place: £1,000

Final
Winner: £20,000
Runner-up: £10,000 ;)

Ali Carter through but Ireland's Leo Fernandez and Aaron Hill exit Championship League.

Ali Carter racked up two wins and a draw to qualify for Stage Two at the Championship League but Irish duo Leo Fernandez and Aaron Hill missed out on joining him in the next round.
Two-time World Championship runner-up Carter began his day with a 3-1 win over Michael Georgiou in Group 19.
He then secured qualification by beating Sydney Wilson 3-0 before enjoying a knockabout evening showdown with Dominic Dale, which finished 2-2.
In an interview posted to the Championship League Snooker's Twitter account, Carter said: "Winning the two matches meant the last one to me didn't mean anything. It was a bit of a comedy show at the end but the job was done.
"I've got some goals for this season which I haven't had for a long time so I'm going to try and apply myself properly. I still think I can compete at the top level."
Limerick native Fernandez and Cork teenager Hill, who famously beat six-time world champion Ronnie O'Sullivan at the European Masters last September, missed out on Stage Two however with both finishing second and third respectively in Group 23 behind Switzerland's Alexander Ursenbacher.
Fernandez and Hill both beat Scotland's Scott Donaldson and lost to Ursenbacher, while Fernandez was the victor in their all-Irish head-to-head in a 3-0 win.
The 1997 world champion Ken Doherty is scheduled to take part in Group 14 on 26 July where the Dubliner has been drawn against Jamaica's Rory McLeod and English duo Martin Gould and Ryan Davies. ;)

..... some interesting ratings up there, thought Woollaston and Judge would have been up there among them with a decent chance. ;)
So those are in the Groups of 4. Judge group very close, Duane jones at his best could even win that.

Hawkins well ahead of Woollaston, think Ben had a bad season last year but as it's in Leicester sort of home advantage for him so should improve that rating this year.

Tom Ford, home advantage looks well clear in his Group.

O'Sullivan qualified today though not taking it very seriously!

So those are in the Groups of 4. Judge group very close, Duane jones at his best could even win that.

Hawkins well ahead of Woollaston, think Ben had a bad season last year but as it's in Leicester sort of home advantage for him so should improve that rating this year.

Tom Ford, home advantage looks well clear in his Group.

O'Sullivan qualified today though not taking it very seriously!
... it will most probably too early days for Ronnie yet. Probably still fiddling around in his shop! ;)

O'Sullivan Dumbfounded By Ref Call At Championship League Snooker.

Ronnie O'Sullivan could not believe that referee Rob Spencer called a push ball on him during his Championship League Snooker match against Saqib Nasir on Tuesday.
The six-time world champion left himself tight on the blue in a close and error-filled opening frame, and was forced to use the rest.
O'Sullivan potted the ball, but Spencer called a foul, resulting in the following exchange:
Ronnie O'Sullivan: What?
Rob Spencer: It's a push, Ronnie.
Ronnie O'Sullivan: Are you having a laugh?
Rob Spencer: No, it was a push.
World number 22 ranked Tom Ford was on commentary, and felt it was not a foul by O'Sullivan.
"I am not sure that was a push, as if it was a push, the white would have gone straight through, but he played it at an angle," said Ford.
"That wasn't a push shot. If he'd pushed that, the white would have gone straight towards the corner pocket."
Nasir played a safety shot on the blue. Before he took his next shot, O'Sullivan wanted a few more words with the referee. He appeared to request that Spencer take a look at the decision after the match.
"I am the most honest snooker player and I never try to cheat," said O'Sullivan.
Spencer replied, "I can only say what I see."
O'Sullivan went on to win the frame, and subsequently the match 3-0. It was his second win of the group stage. He had beaten Ian Burns earlier in the day. The 45-year-old drew 2-2 with Mark Joyce in his final match as he topped the group with seven points.
The first stage Championship League Snooker runs until August 6th. The second stage will be played August 9th - 12th.

You can watch the controversial moment at the 14:30 mark below. ;)

Judd Trump, Ronnie O’Sullivan and Stephen Hendry confirmed for return of British Open snooker in August.

Judd Trump, Ronnie O’Sullivan and Stephen Hendry are among a clutch of star names who have confirmed their entries for the British Open next month.
The snooker season kicked off this week with the first stage of the Championship League at the Morningside Arena.
It is an event to blow away the cobwebs, before the season steps up a notch with the British Open at the same venue in Leicester - kicking off on August 16.
A total of 128 players will be battling for the £100,000 first prize - and there’s no shortage of talent.
World number one Trump spearheads the field, but six-time world champion O’Sullivan and returning star Hendry are other big names to keep an eye out for.
Current world champion Mark Selby will be in the field, as will the player he toppled in final at the Crucible - Shaun Murphy.
John Higgins will travel down from his Scottish home for the event, while women’s superstar Reanne Evans - who has been handed a two-year Tour card - will be in the field.
When the action gets underway on August 16, it will be a momentous occasion as it will signal the return of the British Open for the first time since 2004.
It will be the return of the tournament for the first time in 17 years, but there will be previous winners in the field.
The first of Hendry’s four wins in the event came in 1988, while O’Sullivan, Higgins and Mark Williams are past winners.
World Snooker have been praised for their innovative approach during the pandemic, and they have spiced things up for the British Open as it will be a random draw throughout.
Hold on to your seats for the prospect of Trump facing O’Sullivan in round one. ;)

BARRY HAWKINS ADVANCES IN CHAMPIONSHIP LEAGUE SNOOKER.

The Hawk got his 2021/22 campaign off to a decent start.

Barry Hawkins held off the challenge of Ben Woollaston to top Group 28 as Stage One of Championship League Snooker continued on Wednesday in Leicester.
The three-time ranking event winner comfortably took victory in his opening two round-robin fixtures, beating Zak Surety and Kuldesh Johal with 3-0 scorelines.
Hawkins needed just a point from his final group match against Woollaston, a player who was hoping to do well in what is the first ranking event of the season to be staged in his home city.
The latter could have usurped Hawkins with a victory and duly won the first frame of the contest, but Hawkins recovered to lead 2-1, and an eventual draw proved enough for the 42 year-old to advance to Stage Two.
A similar conclusion transpired in Group 2, where Stuart Carrington and Jordan Brown battled it out in their third round-robin clash under the same circumstances.
Again, the chasing Welsh Open champion Brown won the opening frame only for his opponent, who had already beaten Duane Jones and Michael Judge, to come back and win the next two frames to progress.
Carrington’s 137 break against Ireland’s Judge also represents the highest break of the competition so far.
English pair Hawkins and Carrington will rejoin the action in a few weeks after the remaining Stage One snooker groups from this edition of the Championship League are completed.
On Thursday, the tournament continues with a Group 3 that features Tom Ford, Simon Lichtenberg, Reanne Evans, and Simon Blackwell.
David Grace, Farakh Ajaib, Bai Langning, and Ben Fortey are set to participate in Group 10 as well.
Meanwhile, check out Online Casino Bluebook for all the latest sign-up offers and welcome bonuses, including sportsbooks where there is the opportunity to bet on Championship League Snooker. ;)

Ali Carter racked up two wins and a draw to qualify for Stage Two at the Championship League but Irish duo Leo Fernandez and Aaron Hill missed out on joining him in the next round.
Two-time World Championship runner-up Carter began his day with a 3-1 win over Michael Georgiou in Group 19.
He then secured qualification by beating Sydney Wilson 3-0 before enjoying a knockabout evening showdown with Dominic Dale, which finished 2-2.
In an interview posted to the Championship League Snooker's Twitter account, Carter said: "Winning the two matches meant the last one to me didn't mean anything. It was a bit of a comedy show at the end but the job was done.
"I've got some goals for this season which I haven't had for a long time so I'm going to try and apply myself properly. I still think I can compete at the top level."
Limerick native Fernandez and Cork teenager Hill, who famously beat six-time world champion Ronnie O'Sullivan at the European Masters last September, missed out on Stage Two however with both finishing second and third respectively in Group 23 behind Switzerland's Alexander Ursenbacher.
Fernandez and Hill both beat Scotland's Scott Donaldson and lost to Ursenbacher, while Fernandez was the victor in their all-Irish head-to-head in a 3-0 win.
The 1997 world champion Ken Doherty is scheduled to take part in Group 14 on 26 July where the Dubliner has been drawn against Jamaica's Rory McLeod and English duo Martin Gould and Ryan Davies. ;)

Ronnie O’Sullivan Starts 30th Professional Season with Win.

The Rocket joined the Main Tour at the beginning of the 1992/93 campaign.

Ronnie O’Sullivan began his 30th season as a professional by topping Group 32 of the Championship League on Tuesday in Leicester.
The six-time world champion won his opening two fixtures, a 3-1 victory against Ian Burns followed by a 3-0 win against amateur Saqib Nasir, to leave himself needing just a draw from his final round-robin clash with Mark Joyce.
That’s exactly what happened as O’Sullivan sealed his progress by taking two out of the first three frames from the tie with his fellow Englishman.
The world number three moves one step closer to securing a 38th ranking title, having gone through all of the last term without any silverware and losing in an unprecedented five finals.
Elsewhere, Irishman Fergal O’Brien progressed as well by topping a tight Group 6 ahead of Michael Holt and Andrew Higginson.
The Dubliner, a professional for one season longer than Ronnie O’Sullivan, drew both of his opening fixtures against the pair but scored a 3-0 triumph against amateur Mark Lloyd in his last league match.
That brought O’Brien to five points on a par with Holt, and as the pair’s respective frame difference couldn’t separate them the outcome of the standings came down to which player made the highest break during the day – which was O’Brien courtesy of an even 100.
O’Sullivan and O’Brien must wait several weeks to rejoin the action, however, with winners from another 26 groups still to be determined in Stage One at the Morningside Arena.
On Wednesday, the tournament continues with Barry Hawkins in action alongside Ben Woollaston, Zak Surety, and amateur Kuldesh Johal in Group 28.
Group 2 also takes place with Welsh Open winner Jordan Brown competing against Stuart Carrington, Duane Jones, and Q School graduate Michael Judge.

What is the Championship League?

The Championship League has been on the calendar in some way, shape, or form since 2008, but it’s only in the last couple of years that it has been intermittently staged as a ranking event.
On this occasion, there are three stages to the month-long competition with 128 players initially split into 32 round-robin groups comprising four players in each.
The 32 group winners advance to Stage Two, before the next eight group winners determine the competitors who feature in Stage Three, with all matches lasting just four frames.
The two players who win their third and final groups will subsequently contest the outright final, with the winner set to earn £33,000 from the total prize fund. ;)

Back