• Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a free 7 day trial of Horseracebase here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Horseracebase so help is always available if needed, as well as dedicated section of the fourm here.
    Best Wishes
    AR

Numerology System (a bit of fun)

MrDamon

Colt
This thread is just a bit of fun based on observations I have made over the past..

Numerology is one of the many things that interests me so it always made me wonder if it had something to do with the observations I had made.. i.e both horses holding a piece of the same name adds more weight to them performing well on the day (or something!)

I have added a bit of code to my software to automatically flag and record any races where horse's have the same first/last/middle name

  • Common middle-name words like "of" or "the" for example will be ignored..
  • If either selection is a non-runner then the bet is cancelled..
  • If either selection is Odds-on then the bet is cancelled

We will dutch any selections to win based on BFSP..

Here were the selections and results from the last 2 days for example..


Yesterday

Chepstow 7:35

Glamorous Force u/p 114.49/18.5
Glamorous Anna 1st 100/12

Chepstow 8:40

Gold Hunter - 1st 7.6/1.95
Gold Flash - u/p 12.82/2.72

Chester 9:00

Miss Latin - 3rd 5.89/1.88
Miss Ranger - 2nd 54.12/7.4


Newmarket 3:00

Desert Skyline 3rd 55/8.66
Desert Wind u/p 13.61/3.2


Newmarket 4:10

Al Madhar 1st 10.5/3.07
Al Suhail 2nd 4.99/2.17


Thursday

Carlisle 3:10

Christmas Diamond - 3rd 104.35/9.68
Diamond Sparkles - u/p 7.8/1.83


I've run this back over the past 5 years of results and I can tell you they are quite impressive actually...

So lets have some fun (y)
 
Here are today's selections..



13/07/2019,Chester 2;00
Too-Hard-To-Hold
Nice-One-Too



13/07/2019,Hamilton 8;35
Monsieur-Jimmy
Jimmy-Krankyar



13/07/2019,Salisbury 6;20
Delagate-This-Lord
Our-Lord



13/07/2019,Salisbury 8;20
Queen-Of-Time
Time-Change
 
There was a similar kind of thread, I saw on another forum once, where the poster made note of (or backed) all the runners with 'midnight' in the name.
I believe it was showing good profits too, for a while....
 
Last edited:
  • Common middle-name words like "of" or "the" for example will be ignored..
  • If either selection is a non-runner then the bet is cancelled..
  • If either selection is Odds-on then the bet is cancelled

I suppose I should have elaborated more on the common word rule.. I ignored that one as it's just a short 2 letter word and I put it in the same class as "the" and "of" (y)
 
Someone I know used to this on a regular basis and 1 Saturday he picked 6 horses all related by name and all 6 WON unfortunately for him he did not take the prices but won over 10,000 but if he had it would have been over 30,000.

Also theirs old guy who frequents the bookies I use and always backs horses with DREAM somewhere in the name and had some big winners along the way.

Thanks retriever as I used to use that forum were MIDNIGHT was shown and he WAS IN PROFIT and I maybe wrong but I think theirs some good horses about with that one but maybe more over the jumps.

Sometimes simple things like this can work if you can hit on the right one.

One I thought looking at was the horse with the longest name of the day [perhaps top 3]

MR T
 
Last edited:
LOL - I did know someone who always backed a horse if he saw a deity of any sort or religion in the horse's name (e.g. Thor, Shiva, Buddha, Gabriel, Prometheus, etc)... working on the premise that it would have some kind of divine help to win ?!?

Looking at Monday's cards, there's 3 or 4 that would qualify... I also spotted 'Divine Influence' and 'The Tooth Fairy'... would they also be included I wonder ?
 
LOL - I did know someone who always backed a horse if he saw a deity of any sort or religion in the horse's name (e.g. Thor, Shiva, Buddha, Gabriel, Prometheus, etc)... working on the premise that it would have some kind of divine help to win ?!?

Looking at Monday's cards, there's 3 or 4 that would qualify... I also spotted 'Divine Influence' and 'The Tooth Fairy'... would they also be included I wonder ?

No doubt a few GABRIELS win and if one included SPIRIT [2 won on Saturday] its always poss you could find something. In the past if 2 with similar names they were called a mugs double but some do win. The idea is if 2 are in the SAME RACE but maybe more can be found if using different races.

MR T
 
Last edited:
I actually remember on another forum (don't remember which forum though) there was a fellar who claimed he knew a guy who's dad would break each racecard down using numerology to predict winners.. He claimed it was a long time ago before PC-power so it was all on paper but he claimed the guy did pretty well for himself..

I have my doubts though ☺
 
I have always felt that Biorhythms have had a big affect on my betting - running on a 28 day cycle, there are times (2 or 3 days) in the month when I cannot put a foot wrong, other times (a few days) when everything seems to go wrong, and the remainder of the time being somewhat in-between, average and mediocre.....

If this rings a bell and interests any of you...…..take a look Biorhythm - Wikipedia
I have never tried to pin it down but "full moon" for me, equates to 'bad time'...

Nb./ If you think I am pulling your leg, in any way, then please be assured, I am not :)
 
Last edited:
I have always felt that Biorhythms have had a big affect on my betting - running on a 28 day cycle, there are times (2 or 3 days) in the month when I cannot put a foot wrong, other times when everything seems to go wrong, and the remainder of the time being somewhat in-between, average and mediocre.....

If this ring a bell and interests any of you...…..take a look Biorhythm - Wikipedia
I have never tried to pin it down but "full moon" for me, equates to 'bad time'...

Nb./ If you think I am pulling your leg, in any way, then please be assured, I am not :)
And Saturdays when betting on Irish races as well it seems ! :D
 
Forgive me for being awkward MrDamon MrDamon but I don't see how selecting two horses with similar names comes under the 'science of numerology'.
My understanding of Numerology is the idea that the universe is a system and once broken down we are left with the basic elements, which is numbers.

Numerology is one of the many things that interests me
How does having two horses with the same bit of name or words translate into Numerology (numbers)?

I am not poo-pooing this in any way - I am genuinely interested in how you make the connection :).
And please don't say 'it's just a bit of fun'...….lol.
 
No idea really.. just a wondering is all.. As I mentioned in the first post, I wondered "if" it had anything to do with it..

Really, this is "just a bit of fun" 😉 😉 😉
 
Back
Top