Jackform
Mare
Elsewhere we have hypothesis and a possible course for winners to titillate the taste buds of members. I thought I might kick in with an offer to advise each and everyone how to succeed when betting by 'Quality Improvement through Defect Prevention' (translated means getting better by not making errors
).
I have been retired for almost thirty years now but when I was gainfully employed I was a fully trained in
TQM (Total Quality Management ) for a UK bellweather company. If you are interested read on other wise bin it as there are ten modules, FREE of course
:
The basic concepts of quality improvement to occur for any system may be found by answering these four questions:
a) what is quality?
b) what system will cause it?
c) what performance standard is necessary?
d) what measurement of quality is meaningful?
a) Everyone has an opinion about quality from good/bad products - good/bad service etc. The simple answer is that it has to meet requirements e.g., a small hatchback is a better option to go shopping in to the supermarket than a Rolls Royce.
b) To cause improvement familiar methods are tests, inspections and audits usually aimed at finding errors and fixing them, whereas the only system that really causes quality is prevention, eliminating the potential for error.
c) The standard necessary is to get it right first time, no errors.
d) The only meaningful measurement of quality is what does it cost to get it wrong?
Is that enough or does anyone want more?
).I have been retired for almost thirty years now but when I was gainfully employed I was a fully trained in
TQM (Total Quality Management ) for a UK bellweather company. If you are interested read on other wise bin it as there are ten modules, FREE of course
:The basic concepts of quality improvement to occur for any system may be found by answering these four questions:
a) what is quality?
b) what system will cause it?
c) what performance standard is necessary?
d) what measurement of quality is meaningful?
a) Everyone has an opinion about quality from good/bad products - good/bad service etc. The simple answer is that it has to meet requirements e.g., a small hatchback is a better option to go shopping in to the supermarket than a Rolls Royce.
b) To cause improvement familiar methods are tests, inspections and audits usually aimed at finding errors and fixing them, whereas the only system that really causes quality is prevention, eliminating the potential for error.
c) The standard necessary is to get it right first time, no errors.
d) The only meaningful measurement of quality is what does it cost to get it wrong?
Is that enough or does anyone want more?

. So OK, a summary of the previous post to ensure we all understand.
