• Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a free 7 day trial of Horseracebase here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Horseracebase so help is always available if needed, as well as dedicated section of the fourm here.
    Best Wishes
    AR

Flat 2018

2.25 Advertise 6/4
2.30 Eos 5/1 finally hit form LTO and turned out again quickly.
4.10 Lover's Knot 3/1
8.35 Cross My Mind 3/1 can take full advantage of WFA.

Three winners from the four bets today and with Lover's Knot returning 6/1 after BOG I made a profit of 11.5 points to continue this season's excellent run - when the sun is shining and the ground is consistent the bookies pray for rain :)

+35.33 (26.7% POT)
38/132 (28.8% strike rate)

Both were 2nd today, Thomas Cramner desperately unlucky to be pipped by a nose. That's racing and two points lost.

+33.33
38/134

2.25 Queen Rabab 11/4
3.30 Damselfly 28/1
5.10 Dawn Hoofer 11/4 1.5pt and Claregate Street 6/1

4.5 pts in total

Poor racing today. Sir Mark Prescott has a good record at this time of year and with horses returning quickly to the track. This tempts me to have an interest in:

8.10 Dutch Monarch 4/1

Another dull day, probably best to walk away on such days, but I like one and have backed

6.30 Tremendous Leap 7/5 (with Ladbrokes boost) back in a maiden following a decent run in a handicap last time and can finally get its head in front after several placed efforts.

As I have to be out early in the morning I have backed the following overnight using Ladbrokes boost prices after midnight so BOG. They are all short enough, but with excellent form chances.

2.10 Thoughtfully 5/4
3.00 Claramara 13/5
4.30 Alsvinder 31/20
5.05 Elysian Prince 13/10
5.50 Jungle Juice 23/10

5pts in total. More than likely that I will combine them in multiples of trebles and upwards as well, but I won't count them on here as I have not decided yet and won't be able to post tomorrow.

Both Thoughtfully and Claramara disappointed, but three winners today at 15/8, 13/8 and 5/2 returned 9 points for a profit of 4 points on the day.

+43.45 pts = 29.65% Profit on turnover
44/146.5 = 30% strike rate

3.30 Vera Drake 9/2 (Paddy Power) Running well without winning. 2nd last three outings. Today's WFA allowance can make the difference.
6.30 Eyelool 11/10 Was odds-on last night but has eased to a backable (for me) 11/10. Fancied on Newbury debut but missed the break. Stayed on to finish 5th. Knew more next time but still green in 2nd. Today's the day :)

Vera Drake pulled hard throughout and dropped away to finish last. Eyelool didn't handle the camber at Epsom that well but held on to win at 11/8 so a small profit of 0.38 pt.

+43.83 pts
45/148.5

A difficult looking day and I thought about leaving it alone but

2.00 Azets 25/1 Sent off favourite and backed on debut but finished last. At the price worth a bet to show that the money was not entirely wrong.
3.45 Alsvinder 9/4 Sticking with this after it won for me a couple of days ago although the penalty makes it tougher and it has some strong opposition in the likes of Jabbarockie which has been backed and Glamorous Rocket which is also on a 4-timer.

A non-runner Saturday and no bet yesterday so the figures are the same.

2.30 Jabbarockie 6/4 to follow up last weeks win.

Back