• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Hi Guest, The forum software has been updated!
    Please let me know if you spot anything that isn't working as expected.
    I hope you find your way around OK!!!
    Have a great Christmas Guest.
    Best Wishes
    Ark Royal
  • There seems to be a problem with some alerts not being emailed to members. I have told the hosts and they are investigating.
  • Sorry for any problems caused to those that were trying to access the forum earlier today

There was an authentication issue between the webservers and the database servers we are on!
    Many Thanks to those that emailed me to let tme know of the issue.

AR

Flat 2018

My last day of betting for the year. After steadily building an excellent profit of 40+ points ove rthe previous 3.5 months, the last couple of weeks has been something of a car crash and a reminder of how difficult this game is. Hopefully, today's bets will give a little more respectability to the final figures.

4.15 Our Charlie Brown 9/2
5.15 The Knot Is Tied 7/4
8.00 Guardia Svizzerra 11/10

Regardless of today's outcome you still did good @Diceman because Just breaking even in the longer term is something which the majority of punters are unable to achieve.Your current Roi = 11% which is considerably better than the returns from other forms of investment. :)

Two winners at 7/4 and 11/10 and a 2nd place for a profit of 1.85 points on the day. And that concludes my betting for the year though I have been tossing around some NH angles which I may put up from November on. Thankyou @mick for your kind words and everyone else who has shown an interest. You are right of course and a near 12% profit on turnover is not to be sniffed at. I can't help feeling a little disappointed though as my closing strike rate is a couple of percentage points below what I usually achieve (though well within probability parameters) and consequently my profit margin somewhat lower that I would have hoped. Nevertheless, I have made a profit which is enough at the stakes I use to cover the cost of my trip to Australia in October to meet my two new grandchildren (twins). And that, I guess, is the point of the exercise, no? Good luck with your betting everyone.

+26.44 (11.83% POT or ROI or whatever one calls it round these parts :) )
60/223.5 (26.84% strike rate)

Last edited: