• Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a free 7 day trial of Horseracebase here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Horseracebase so help is always available if needed, as well as dedicated section of the fourm here.
    Best Wishes
    AR

AW Probables

My current selection method on the AW is quite time consuming and whilst it is getting me in 'the ballpark', my final selection process is proving wayward right now. Whilst I attempt to fine tune this, I am going to have a look at a system of narrowing down 'the probables' by looking for common horses from three different sets of criteria:

  • Form
  • Consistency
  • Speed
My methods of assessing these three criteria are likely to be different to those used by others but hopefully they will prove fruitful. A high proportion of winners appear in the top 5 of the betting forecast and this will be a part of narrowing the common horses. Hopefully pace analysis will also prove a part once I get to grips with it.

Onto today at Lingfield:

12:50
Form - Fire Diamond, Bridge Builder, Chelwood Gate, Black Caesar, Saleh
Consistency - Fire Diamond, Bridge Builder, Chelwood Gate, Black Caesar, Saleh
Speed - Fire Diamond, Bridge Builder, Bookmaker

Common horses are Fire Diamond and Bridge Builder, with both appearing in the top 5 of the betting forecast.

1:25
Form - Northern Meeting, Miss Tiger Lily
Consistency - Byron Flyer, River Dart, Saborido, Miss Tiger Lily
Speed - Pivotal Flame, River Dart, Saborido, Saint Honore

No horse appears in all three.

2:00
Form - All bar Boom The Groom and Rivellino appear here
Consistency - Gracious John, Justice Good, Amazour
Speed - Gracious John, Justice Good, Lancelot Du Lac

Gracious John and Justice Good appear in the top5 of the forecast but both are outsiders.

2:30
Form - Verne Castle, Vimy Ridge, Taajub, Fly True, Mossgo
Consistency - Verne Castle, Vimy Ridge, Taajub, Fly True
Speed - Vimy Ridge, Burning Thread, Vimy Ridge, Fly True

Common horses are Verne Castle, Vimy Ridge and Fly True, with VC and FT appearing in the forecast.

3:05
Form - All bar Decorated Knight
Consistency - Arab Spring, Decorated Knight, Battalion, Grendisar
Speed - Grendisar, Mythical Madness

Common horse Grendisar and in forecast.

3:40
Form - Hamish McGonagain, Aragon Knight, Dreams of Glory, Head Space
Consistency - Rockley Point, Varsovian, Hamish, Aragon Knight, Dreams Of Glory, Head Space
Speed - Rockley Point, Varsovian, Hamish, Dreams of Glory, Head Space

Common horses are Hamish, Dreams of Glory and Head Space. All appear in forecast.

4:15
Form - Darebin, Treble Strike, Casbalance
Consistency - Darebin, Remember The Man, Appy Days, Casablanca
Speed - Remember The Man, Casablanca

Common horse is Casablanca and in forecast.


Apologies for the long post, I will refine it to just common horses going forward but wanted to show the methodology. I will not be betting any of these, just looking at how I can refine the system for now.
 
Only one common horse as a winner today in the form of Verne Castle (SP 9/4).

Results (winner appearing in any of the 3 criteria):
12:50 -
1:25 - C
2:00 - S
2:30 - F/C/S
3:05 - C
3:40 - C/S
4:15 - C

5 out of the 7 races were won by 'consistent' horses. All 5 appeared in the top5 in the betting forecast (though a couple of races didn't have many more than 5 runners).

I have done the same for Newcastle this evening and will post results later tonight.
 
Thanks NigelRG NigelRG

Results for Newcastle:

5:45 - F/C
6:15 - F/C/S
6:45 - F/C/S
7:15 -
7:45 - C
8:15 -
8:45 - F/C

Two common horses won at 9/4 and 11/2, both in the forecast. The 7:15 was a Maiden and the 8:15 appeared last on all ratings!

I think there were a few horses that stood out on these ratings yesterday, whether I would have actually picked them or gone with something else, I don't know. I certainly don't want to start after-timing but this seems like it might have some legs, so will see how we go.
 
For tomorrow at Wolves:

2:20 - Russian Soul and Captain Dion
2:50 -
3:20 -
3:50 - Socialites Red and Kyllach Me
4:20 - Cruise Tothelimit and Indian Pursuit
4:50 - Come Back King
5:20 - Secret Bird
5:50 -
 
Results of the common horses:

2:20 - 2nd and 3rd
3:50 - UP and 2nd
4:20 - UP and 2nd
4:50 - UP
5:20 - UP

A few close but no cigar.
 
Back
Top