• Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a free 7 day trial of Horseracebase here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Horseracebase so help is always available if needed, as well as dedicated section of the fourm here.
    Best Wishes
    AR

Whats Next

markfinn

Sire
Following this continuing pandemic that so far has and is continually changing all our lives - What does the future bring to sport and large and small public events.

Crux I believe is,
Vaccine,
or
herd immunity.
One or both is inevitable.
How those in charge manage the situation until we reach those outcomes is what is proving difficult.
The simple answer to your 'question' is nobody knows as the situation is so dynamic.
The charity golf event held in Ireland this week has resulted in Ministers, Justices, Senators and Euro Commissioners looking like they will lose their jobs because of how quickly things change. Government advice on Monday was obsolete by Tuesday or Wednesday.

Things has to restart or more will die due to that than kung flu eg delayed cancer treatments, so it's a bit of rock and hard place.

As well as a vaccine and/or herd immunity people are going to have to wrap their heads around it's a new entry in the list of things that kills people every year. I.e. those killed by kung flu is only about 1/4 to a 1/3 of those who die of cancer alone every year.

The infectious nature of it is the sticking point.

With today's reports of the "1st recorded reinfection" plus the news that top Gov Scientist's are now considering that an annual booster jab similar to the winter flu jabs now is beginning to look likely to be required.

I cannot see how there can be return to normal events that are open to public general admission, at least until well into next year - holidays spots are being opened and closed weekly - there is no prospect in sight of this thing going away or being half way prevented other than isolating , as we approach Xmas 2020 we may well now be living in the new normal.

reports over here are that Trump will push out a vaccine before the election .. tested or not.

reports over here are that Trump will push out a vaccine before the election .. tested or not.
Well he can push (as we all can) nonsense to bolster an unsustainable position - I believe he is the FAKE NEWS guy so probably just about to add some more fuel to his own funeral pyre -

Last edited:
Don't really know about their set up but I think I read somewhere that the electoral college was set up in the US constituiton deliberately as is so that the more rural states didn't get completely drowned out by the very urban ones.

Just as over there it's possible here to lose the pop vote or have a very narrow win but still end up with a majority in terms of seats. Parties on boths political sides and sides of the atlantic only tend to complain when they're on the receiving end.
I think he Dems are keen or are even trying to change things over there without changing the constitution but the failure of the av ref here means it's likely to stay as is for a long time yet. Whether you think either is good or bad is entirely subjective.

Back