• Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a free 7 day trial of Horseracebase here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Horseracebase so help is always available if needed, as well as dedicated section of the fourm here.
    Best Wishes
    AR

What do you think about Lay the draw nowadays

I use this method from time to time, but only when in-play. My rules when I do are;
1. enter only at half-time to capitalise on improved odds movement
2. only if it is 0-0 at HT
3. check the in-play game stats to see how the game is being played, looking for a high shots-on-target and/or high percentage of possession by any team. Also a quick check on whether the match is from a high-scoring league, or the teams have a decent history of goals in their previous matches
4. any variation to the above is usually if something like a red card or a significant player injury has been given to influence the game itself - this may mean that a goal might not be greened up if I think the game is very one-sided and I don't think a draw will be the final result.

I have some other minor checks, but the above basics have stood me in good stead for profit. In the past on a busy weekend of football, there is often a fair amount of games that pop up to play with. Also worth mentioning that all games played usually have around a 95% average of at least 1 goal, so with careful research during the game if you spot a HT 0-0 you should be able to identify what games to bet on. Worth mentioning to hopefully enhance profitability, I don't always green up after a goal and may let the game play itself out - that depends on how the sides are playing against each other. One-sided games I probably won't green-up after a goal, or sometimes at that crazy last 5 min period when the green-up odds are very good... a game where both teams could score I most likely will once that 1st goal goes in.
Something else I keep an eye out for is around 60 mins you start seeing substitutions, which usually come with new manager game strategy instructions - a perfect time to enter a LTD bet.

Hello, i tried to apply this strategy some years ago, but for a reason i didn't remember now, i stop using it. I used a software for statistics of the matches and i tried to filter only the matches that had more than 80% hitting one goal in first half. I tried to get more than 3.0 odds on draw. Now i am doing mostly value betting, using a strategy i learned from arbusers.com forum. I want to try restarting the Lay the draw strategy in order to see if i can extract any value from it and have it as an extra income from my main value betting.

Back