• Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a 20% discount on Inform Racing.
    Simply enter the coupon code ukbettingform when subscribing here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Inform Racing so help is always available if needed.
    Best Wishes
    AR
  • Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a free 7 day trial of Horseracebase here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Horseracebase so help is always available if needed, as well as dedicated section of the fourm here.
    Best Wishes
    AR

VDW platform variation

Sandown (going forecast G some GS) N Henderson top track trainer.
2.55 market expected no's 6, 5

1. 0*0*
2. 0*00
3. 000*
4. 00*0
5. ***0 Greanetean (11/10) LTO 29
6. *0** Shishkin (2/1) LTO 262

Comment: Taking on Shishkin with Greaneteen

Taking on the Henderson runner just on track fitness really and hope the Nicholls yard can pull it off.

Last edited:
I have been rather idle recently when making selections in not applying the 'subject to further consideration' test after 'narrowing the field'. I applied it today and will see if it makes any difference to the outcome. However, the race looks a nightmare to solve for punters with the extreme distance to get over the soft ground probably getting softer.

Kelso (going forecast GS some S showers) market odds from 09.55. L Russell top track trainer.
1.05 Market expected no's 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 11 indicating a win restricted to these. Theoretical strong fav 9/4, contender 9/2, not expected longer than 9/1. No's 10, 11, 12 not considered as outof the long hcap

11. 000*
2. *00*
3. **00
4. *0** The Ferry Master (4/1) 2 tips (C). LTO 36, -10lb*, =class, same jock. 5/6? -15L? ridden weakened from 3 out? Selection reason trainerjockey in form*.
5. *0*0 Cash To Ash (13/2) 2 tips. LTO 36, -13lb* +1 class? J Hamilton up. 2/10*-1 1/2L* ridden hard pressed kept on headed*. Selection reason 2nd race last year.
6. 0*0*
7. *00* Niceandeasy (8/1) 3 tips. LTO 35, -6lb, =cls, same jock. 5/9? -5 1/2L? Stayed on run in nearest finish. Selection reason felt race D could be suitable.
8. *00*
9. 00*0
10. 0000
11? *000
12? 0000
13? 0000

My comment: An interesting problem to try and solve. I point those named for interest
:)

The ATR form verdict in comparison.
With eight course victories to his name, last year's victor Big River makes obvious appeal despite having to saddle top-weight. All About Joe landed the Durham National in October and he's unexposed over marathon trips so he must be feared, although CYCLOP edges the vote. David Dennis' charge caught the eye in the Southern National last month, where he appeared to be struggling early on, only to stay on in the closing stages. He's just 2lb above his last winning mark and the return to this trip should suit. Wake Up Early and Cash To Ash are others to note.

Top Tip: CYCLOP (2)
Watch out for: BIG RIVER (1)

S Sandhog, I suppose your supposition is correct. Just took a very quick check for you.

Fairyhouse (going forecast Y to S rain) market odds from 12.00.
2.30 Market expected no's 8, 3 indicating a win restricted to these.

1. 000*
2. 000*
3. **** Klassical Dream (9/2)
4. 0000
5. 00*0
6. 00*0
7. 0000
8 **** Honeysuckle (2/5)

My comment: Klassical Dream looks the only valid opponent on paper and e.w. if it goes out a notch.

The ATR form verdict in comparison.
Apple's Jade attempted to win this race for a fourth year in-a-row back in 2019, but her reign was ended by HONEYSUCKLE, who has of course gone on to dominate herself. A perfect 17 from 17, with 12 of her wins coming at the highest level, it's very difficult to oppose the pride of Knockeen as she bids to become the first four-time winner of this race. Klassical Dream has triumphed six-times at Grade 1 level and tries this trip for the first time. Sent off favourite for the Stayers' Hurdle at Cheltenham in March, he finished fifth there before winning the Punchestown equivalent. He rounded off his campaign by filling the runner-up spot at Auteuil in May and on a mark of 163, he is rated just two pounds inferior to the selection. Willie Mullins trains Klassical Dream and he is also represented by Saldier and Echoes In Rain. Both have been beaten by Honeysuckle in the past and it's difficult to see them reversing the form. Darver Star got within half-a-length of the wonder mare at Leopardstown in February of 2020 and the likeable ten-year-old has been in excellent form in recent months, winning his last three.
Top Tip: HONEYSUCKLE (8)
Watch out for: KLASSICAL DREAM (3)

Back