• Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a free 7 day trial of Horseracebase here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Horseracebase so help is always available if needed, as well as dedicated section of the fourm here.
    Best Wishes
    AR

To Hell In A Handcart

Arrocuda

Gelding
As is often the case Reckless Abandon lived up to its name in that it went off like lickety split from the stalls and faded in the final furlong. Maybe it hasn't but either way I'm getting bored with it now so decided to give this alternative version a go. The thing about To Hell In A Handcart (THIAH) is that it's completely PC based and offers no wiggle room for interference from myself, which some might say can only be a good thing and TBH right now I wouldn't disagree with them. In truth it's all the utilities that I used to test the chosen operands for the previous versions lashed together using the market to determine as to whether it's a bet or not. There are two major advantages for THIAH in that a) it's fully automated so I can have them all up before lunch with little effort on my part and........... b) I can't remember what it was now, but I remember thinking it was good last night when I decided to go with it. Might have been the no interference thing I mentioned earlier come to think of it. Anyway enough talking. The time has come to fulfill the prophecy and let the bets do the talking.

I haven't done them yet so back later. :handgestures-thumbup:

Last edited:
It uses the evening/breakfast/morning prices that Proform imports into the database automatically at 20.30, 07.30 & 10.30. I need the 10.30 update which is running at the moment before I can do the final analysis which determines the usual suspects for the day.

It's not about looking for value as such, it's really about determining just how much interest there has been in any particular horse relative to as to where it started in the betting.

Last edited:
I think it is good to add a bit of form to systems it can cut the long losing runs down, but not be to harsh on the good systems say if a slow run first time and silly things such as that.

Still good Luck!! with this new plan of yours.

I think it is good to add a bit of form to systems it can cut the long losing runs down, but not be to harsh on the good systems say if a slow run first time and silly things such as that.

Still good Luck!! with this new plan of yours.
It still takes the form into account otherwise you would be on a string of no hopers at ridiculous odds, BUT it prioritises interest in a particular horse over that which the form book would have us believe is a better horse. Following the form choices hasn't done me much good with the previous version over the longer term so I'm hoping that this method of introducing what is really a 'market interest rating' as the determining factor rather than my shonky form picking might make a favourable difference. Last chance saloon for this I'm thinking.

Last edited:
Shonky is a new one on me but i get the thinking, with my own being a good bet needs to contain some aspects which the majority market view as negatives to chance.

Three over the jumps for this afternoon.....
Hf 2.40 Fred Bear 1pt win
Lg 2.55 What's My Line 1pt win
Hf 3.15 King Of The Story 1pt win

Leaving Chelmsford till later as the machine doesn't get another price update for today's racing, so will need to check that no major moves or withdrawals in the market have occurred before putting them up about 5.00PM

Shonky is a new one on me but i get the thinking, with my own being a good bet needs to contain some aspects which the majority market view as negatives to chance.
Interesting concept Mick. I need to give that some thought.

Gave it some thought over lunch mick mick and now I understand where you're coming from with that. I tend to perceive it the opposite way around in the sense that if I'm looking at a horse where all the ducks appear to be in a row with all the usual factors of trainer, jockey, course, weights, distance, going etc, etc ticking all the boxes AND I'm also getting more than decent odds about it, the chances are it's too good to be true, it's just that I haven't picked up on some nuanced inadequacy that is being reflected in the odds on offer. What I'm doing here wouldn't completely rule out the chances of such a horse getting through but would go some way to preventing it.

Hf 2.40 Fred Bear 1pt win.............. L @ 6.8
Lg 2.55 What's My Line 1pt win..... W @ 8.89 :cool:
Hf 3.15 King Of The Story 1pt win..L @ 15.0 (Was just about leading over the last but landed awkwardly and couldn't regain momentum).
Only one for Chelmsford tonight as the other is out of the weights I noticed. So there is a little wiggle room it would appear as it's just one of those things that I don't do with horses that have already been exposed.

CC 7.30 Hover On The Wind 1pt win

Last edited:
CC 7.30 Hover On The Wind 1pt win...... L @ 5.4 (I took 7.4 for it as they were arriving at the post.)
Today there's very little to go at which is good news as there aren't many races I'd like to be involved in on what is a very poor day.

Hex' 3.05 Lisloran 1pt win
War' 3.15 Thomas Darby 1pt win

Nothing for Wolves tonight.

Things have really picked up today with six just for this afternoon (Wolves to follow), with some good racing on the cards and plenty of decent novice handicaps.
Win 12.20 RS Ambush 1pt win
Newc' 12.40 Argharue 1pt win
MR 1.05 Gaye Legacy 1pt win
Newc' 1.50 Event Of Sivola 1pt win
Newc' 3.00 Present Fair 1pt win
Win' 3.15 Moytier 1pt win

Win 12.20 RS Ambush 1pt win...... L @ 7.2
Newc' 12.40 Argharue 1pt win........ L @ 25.7
MR 1.05 Gaye Legacy 1pt win.........W @ 4.83
Newc' 1.50 Event Of Sivola 1pt win.L @ 10.6
Newc' 3.00 Present Fair 1pt win......L @8.11
Win' 3.15 Moytier 1pt win...............3rd @ 8.4
Nothing for Wolves. THIAH v3.1 P/L 3W 9L +7.42

Asc' 3.10 Manothepeople 1pt win
Asc' 3.45 Duke Of Deception 1pt win
Dun' 6.00 Tiktok Time 1pt win
Sou' 8.15 Kiss My Face 1pt win

Asc' 3.10 Manothepeople 1pt win.......... UR @ 6.73 (Interfered with by Emir Sacre jumping to the left causing unseat)
Asc' 3.45 Duke Of Deception 1pt win..... L @ 10.7
Dun' 6.00 Tiktok Time 1pt win................. L @ 8.4
Sou' 8.15 Kiss My Face 1pt win............. 2nd @ 9.69
Not getting the rub of the green at the mo' that's for sure.

Ling' 1.10 Master Zoffany 1pt win
Ling' 2.17 Masqool 1pt win
Hunt 2.48 Family Business 1pt win
Asc' 3.15 Triple Trade 1pt win

Back with the evening races later.

Last edited:
Back