• Hi Guest, The forum will be moving hosts on 26 July and as such will be closed from Midday until the move has completed.
    As we will be with new hosts it may take a while before DNS get updated so it could take while before you can get back on the forum.
    I think it will take at least 4 hours but could easily be 48!
    Ark Royal
  • There seems to be a problem with some alerts not being emailed to members. I have told the hosts and they are investigating.
  • Sorry for the ongoing issues that you may have been experiencing whilst using the forum lately

It really is frustrating when the forum slows down or Server Error 500 pops up.

Apparently the hosts acknowledge there is a problem.
    Thank you for using our services and sorry for the experienced delay!
    Unfortunately, these errors are due to a higher server load. Our senior department knows about the issue and they are working towards a permanent resolution of the issue, however, I'd advise you to consider using our new cPanel cloud solutions: https://www.tsohost.com/web-hosting

I will have to investigate what the differences are with what We have know compared to the alternative service they want us to migrate to.
    Keep safe.
    AR

Simple, Profitable System

retriever

Gelding
With the above, it's showing that only one bookie was out of line with River Wharfe at 9/1........so perhaps a 'pinch of salt' with that one.
Bear in mind the market move is an Average over ( usually ) 18 bookmakers.

retriever

Gelding
With the above, it's showing that only one bookie was out of line with River Wharfe at 9/1........so perhaps a 'pinch of salt' with that one.
2 winners from 4 bets ( excluding River Wharfe ).......Evens & 5/4 = +0.25 pts to SP ( +0.54 bfsp after comm. 2% )
In-running prices 2.6 & 21

All five bets placed........... 0.61 + 0.25 + 0.44 + 0.85 + 0.34 = +2.44 pts bfsp after comm. 2%

mick

Sire
Re Odds Checker something to ponder : The Pie charts for each race are based on number of bets so when you note a sea of blue for a horse which is not showing in the Pie this is suggesting fewer but larger wagers which some might view as a positive. ? Several years ago tongue in cheek i did contact them suggesting that the Pie charts should be based on weight of money not quantity of bets and perhaps unsurprisingly this was not well received.

While i would not use as part of the selection process it is interesting to note what appears to be occurring in the markets, although lets not forget that the site is now owned by Bookmakers and dare i suggest lends its self to conveying disinformation. :eek:

Last edited:

retriever

Gelding
Yes, it's all a bit of fun really.
As Rodeneal Rodeneal said it's a way for a newcomer to become acquainted with placing bets in differing markets and bookies.
The odds have moved on these horses and it would be wise to learn to be on them before the move.

Oddschecker can only track the number of bets that are placed through their site and their links ( for the Pie charts ), and so to that effect, it may be prudent for any newcomer not to do so in and go directly to the bookmaker's site.
Clear all cookies and possible tracking links as a successful winning account/s will soon be shared amongst all the other bookmakers and your days are numbered. Sour grapes? Absolutely!!

Last edited:

pawras

Colt
ffs never bet through oddschecker and have iesnare blocked etc

when playing about with top 5s I don't hit the market until near the off because often apart from the top couple the market doesn't firm up until then

Last edited: