Spireite
Colt
As a new member I'm finding it fascinating reading through the threads.
My first ever bet and my biggest win. The Epsom Derby in 1979, I remember it as I was on my first training course and staying in a hotel in Manchester just after leaving school (in Chesterfield) for the Halifax Building Society. Scanning the paper that morning and Troy clearly stood out as the would be winner, it won at 6/1 for my pound bet. In 2002 I’m at the St Leger meet the day before the big race with a few mates. We’re leaving the course, better for a “few” drinks and me still with 100 quid in my pocket. We bumped into a “pretty unsober” Willie Carson who was adamant we bet on Bollin Eric the following day. Saturday morning I’m reading the Daily Telegraph, list of horses etc and see Bollin Eric’s jockey is wearing Arsenal colors (I'm a closet Gooner). Went to the bookies, 100 quid to win at 10/1. A fantastic finish. It’s literally only now when talking to my missus and viewing the two You Tube videos that I realize Willie Carson was the jockey on Troy! Talk about shivers through the spine. - ——
My first ever bet and my biggest win. The Epsom Derby in 1979, I remember it as I was on my first training course and staying in a hotel in Manchester just after leaving school (in Chesterfield) for the Halifax Building Society. Scanning the paper that morning and Troy clearly stood out as the would be winner, it won at 6/1 for my pound bet. In 2002 I’m at the St Leger meet the day before the big race with a few mates. We’re leaving the course, better for a “few” drinks and me still with 100 quid in my pocket. We bumped into a “pretty unsober” Willie Carson who was adamant we bet on Bollin Eric the following day. Saturday morning I’m reading the Daily Telegraph, list of horses etc and see Bollin Eric’s jockey is wearing Arsenal colors (I'm a closet Gooner). Went to the bookies, 100 quid to win at 10/1. A fantastic finish. It’s literally only now when talking to my missus and viewing the two You Tube videos that I realize Willie Carson was the jockey on Troy! Talk about shivers through the spine. - ——
I am glad you are enjoying reading this forums past threads they contain plenty of good advice and sometimes also some well intended banter a peaches and cream combo when it comes to betting on horses.