• Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a free 7 day trial of Horseracebase here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Horseracebase so help is always available if needed, as well as dedicated section of the fourm here.
    Best Wishes
    AR

My mayweather v paquio bet ...

wolber

Filly
I have yet to get this bet on but here goes...

manny paquio tko or ko 9/2 £119
floyd mayweather points or decision 8/11 £380

I am dutching these two eventualities and will explain why shortly.

Total stake £500
return if any selection wins £655
Profit £155

I have done this many times before in tight high profile contests.

the Logic:
They both have a high level of fitness so assuming they box conservatively the fight should go the distance.
So much money has been generated by the bout that there is a good chance the sponsors will be wanting a rematch, especially if it is a good solid battle.
With that in mind Paquio's best chance will be to go for the stoppage assuming he survives into the later rounds. Mayweather will do the usual, footwork, defense and point scoring , he doesn't have the punching power of paquio however ,although he is the likely winner it wont be by KO or tko in my opinion.
This bet covers all angels apart from a paquio points win which I think is the least likely eventuality. Or indeed a draw which would have the high paying crowds up in arms (600k a ticket !!!)

Basically what I've been saying. The only way i can see a pacquiao win is KO, as Mayweather will rack up the points.

Mayweather doesn't really win by KO any more either, don't see that changing with this one.

I did the same bet in the last Klitchko v Haye fight and it won based on the same principles. Especially these days in boxing you have your old school hitters and your chess players . Hence why boxing is now a farce and the odd decent bout makes shed loads of gelt.

Good choice of bets Wolber can't see how you lose with this one.mayweather on points for me he is just brilliant at not getting hit!

Well my bet is on. Had to do it on Betfair in the end as the bookies wouldn't take it. Still gives me the opportunity to trade out I suppose.

Today is International Dawn Chorus Day - pity no one told the birds!

Who won the fight ? I thought it was tonight!!

The Money on points - well done.

Last edited:
Back