• Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a 20% discount on Inform Racing.
    Simply enter the coupon code ukbettingform when subscribing here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Inform Racing so help is always available if needed.
    Best Wishes
    AR
  • Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a free 7 day trial of Horseracebase here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Horseracebase so help is always available if needed, as well as dedicated section of the fourm here.
    Best Wishes
    AR

My "Inform Racing" System - Mk II

Chelmsford City 1.50 Ghaith, 7-1 ... 10th
Chelmsford City 3.00 Saucy Encore, 4-1 ... 3rd
Chelmsford City 3.35 Papa Stour, 7-1 ... 3rd
Chelmsford City 5.40 Toro Dorado, 5-1 ... 5th
Lingfield 2.35 Fizzy Feet, 11-2 ... 4th
Newcastle 4.30 Bobby Joe Leg, 5-1 ... 7th

Day 2: loss 6 pts
April total: loss 8 pts

Musselburgh 2.25 Heights Of Abraham, 13-2 ... 4th
Haydock 4.25 Manwell, 6-1 ... ran out
Carlisle 4.33 Pookie Pekan, 8-1 ... 2nd
Wolverhampton 4.49 Compass Point, 11-2 ... n/r
Wolverhampton 7.30 Star Ascending, 15-2 ... 2nd
Wolverhampton 8.30 International Law, 6-1 ... 3rd

Day 3: loss 5 pts
April total: loss 13 pts

Southwell 1.00 Dark Side Prince, 13-2 ... 2nd
Market Rasen 3.10 Aye Aye Charlie, 11-2 ... 3rd

Day 4: loss 2 pts
April total: loss 15 pts

Unlucky so far this month MartinK MartinK , think you caught a case of placeitis from me on the TSD thread lol .. hopefully you can start getting a winner or two this month soon mate

Unlucky so far this month MartinK MartinK , think you caught a case of placeitis from me on the TSD thread lol .. hopefully you can start getting a winner or two this month soon mate
Thanks Sean Sean, the number of 2nds I've had is amazing. I was thinking of going each-way, but isn't win-only the most profitable long-term? So I've heard, anyway. Good luck with your thread :)

MON 5 APRIL
Wolverhampton 1.20 Nezar, 8-1
Wolverhampton 4.10 Phuket Power, 17-2
Chepstow 3.45 Buster Thomas, 9-2
Chepstow 4.50 Exmoor Express, 5-1
Kempton 4.02 Pretty In Grey, 10-1
Kempton 5.10 Total Commitment, 4-1

MartinK MartinK ,

Re: EW or what/not?

I was a big believer in EW for decades, especially the old EW Double.
Looking back, I think it was a mistaken policy.

My latest fad is for backing two in the race , win only. My selection, plus the one I fear as the biggest danger - prices permitting.
At the start of the trial, my selections kept winning, so the second bet was a total waste.
Then, just when I thought I'd cracked it, the rag won at double figures in a five runner race, with my two both unplaced! :D

It had to happen, I guess, but, EW would not have helped.

Best of the lot is when my selection is the big-priced rag ( win only). The saver bet is lost, but that's only there to reduce possible losses. Doing both EW didn't return enough to warrant my continuing with that idea ( four bets in a race).

So, I favour two win bets in the same race. Proper mathematical "dutching" would probably be good, but, I often just do equally split stakes ( as I'm lazy).

Another option is to have a small wager on the second selection on the exchanges, laying it in running at a price that wins your original full stake back. Again, obviously not guaranteed if the second selection runs too poorly to lay IR, but often works out alright.

MartinK MartinK ,

Re: EW or what/not?

I was a big believer in EW for decades, especially the old EW Double.
Looking back, I think it was a mistaken policy.

My latest fad is for backing two in the race , win only. My selection, plus the one I fear as the biggest danger - prices permitting.
At the start of the trial, my selections kept winning, so the second bet was a total waste.
Then, just when I thought I'd cracked it, the rag won at double figures in a five runner race, with my two both unplaced! :D

It had to happen, I guess, but, EW would not have helped.

Best of the lot is when my selection is the big-priced rag ( win only). The saver bet is lost, but that's only there to reduce possible losses. Doing both EW didn't return enough to warrant my continuing with that idea ( four bets in a race).

So, I favour two win bets in the same race. Proper mathematical "dutching" would probably be good, but, I often just do equally split stakes ( as I'm lazy).
I believe an old e/w double trick was to back the 2nd fav in 2 different 5 runner races even better if the fav & 2nd fav were well clear of 3rd in the market

Wolverhampton 1.20 Nezar, 8-1 ... 4th
Wolverhampton 4.10 Phuket Power, 17-2 ... 4th
Chepstow 3.45 Buster Thomas, 9-2 ... 3rd
Chepstow 4.50 Exmoor Express, 5-1 ... 1st 3-1 ... 5 pts profit
Kempton 4.02 Pretty In Grey, 10-1 ... 9th
Kempton 5.10 Total Commitment, 4-1 ... 3rd

Day 5: profit/loss 0
April total: loss 15 pts

TUE 6 APRIL
Pontefract 1.00 Glan Y Gors, 9-1
Pontefract 1.30 Arabescato, 5-1
Pontefract 2.00 Victory Chime, 13-2
Pontefract 4.00 Barney's Bay, 3-1
Chelmsford City 5.00 Buxted Too, 10-3
Chelmsford City 7.30 Fly The Nest, 10-3

Best of luck MartinK MartinK. I'm on Chief Craftsman in the Pontefract opener but Glan Y Gors has won me a few £ in the past so I wouldn't begrudge losing to him today.

Pontefract 1.00 Glan Y Gors, 9-1 ... 4th
Pontefract 1.30 Arabescato, 5-1 ... 1st 9-2 ... 5 pts profit
Pontefract 2.00 Victory Chime, 13-2 ... 3rd
Pontefract 4.00 Barney's Bay, 3-1 ... 2nd
Chelmsford City 5.00 Buxted Too, 10-3 ... 1st 10-3 ... 3.33 pts profit
Chelmsford City 7.30 Fly The Nest, 10-3 ... 5th

Day 6: profit 4.33
April total: loss 10.67 pts

Catterick 2.50 Single, 5-1 ... 4th
Catterick 4.50 Blissful Song, 9-2 ... 2nd
Lingfield 3.00 Sayifyouwill, 6-1 ... 2nd
Lingfield 3.30 Corazon Espinado, 6-1 ... 2nd