• Hi Guest, The forum will be moving hosts on 26 July and as such will be closed from Midday until the move has completed.
    As we will be with new hosts it may take a while before DNS get updated so it could take while before you can get back on the forum.
    I think it will take at least 4 hours but could easily be 48!
    Ark Royal
  • There seems to be a problem with some alerts not being emailed to members. I have told the hosts and they are investigating.
  • Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a 20% discount on Inform Racing.
    Simply enter the coupon code ukbettingform when subscribing here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Inform Racing so help is always available if needed.
    Best Wishes
    AR
  • Sorry for the ongoing issues that you may have been experiencing whilst using the forum lately

It really is frustrating when the forum slows down or Server Error 500 pops up.

Apparently the hosts acknowledge there is a problem.
    Thank you for using our services and sorry for the experienced delay!
    Unfortunately, these errors are due to a higher server load. Our senior department knows about the issue and they are working towards a permanent resolution of the issue, however, I'd advise you to consider using our new cPanel cloud solutions: https://www.tsohost.com/web-hosting

I will have to investigate what the differences are with what We have know compared to the alternative service they want us to migrate to.
    Keep safe.
    AR

Irish course standard times

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has a compiled a set of standard time for Irish Courses, other than the times used by the Racing Post?
Regards
Steve

davejb

Mare
Didn't see this query, it's probably best to ask stuff on one of the existing speed threads like 'Compiling Speed Figures' for future ref.

I haven't got times for some little used distances, but here's a set that includes the Irish - be aware that I'm still working on these, especially the flat, so some will change as and when i spot issues.

Columns B give the course name, C the name of the track (this is for when there's an inner and an outer, or a straight and a round at the same distance, and so on, plus some 'named' tracks like Aintree has a Mildmay and a Lancaster, Cheltenham has old and new, and so on), D is Flat/AW or NH for the racing code, E distance as reported in results etc in miles, furlongs, yards, F is distance to nearest half furlong, G is distance in yards, H the standard I calculated in seconds, I is the speed in number of yards per second that the time equates to.

There are a few blanks still, that I will fill in over the season as I get a bit more info.

No guarantees, seem to work a bit better than RP so far.
Dave

Attachments

• StandardTimesCSV3.csv
    64.4 KB · Views: 21
Thanks Dave your a star, that's brilliant, lovely spreadsheet to use. I've been struggling in Ireland because the RP times are so out, which skews the speed ratings way out also. I focus on a small pool of horses & accuracy in aspects of handicapping is key Best wishes, Steve👍

davejb

Mare
Just bear in mind there will be figures that need correcting - I tend to look for odd looking ratings, like something in a £5000 handicap gets a rating of 120 or a derby trial winner gets - 15, and treat it as a flag to look at the standard to see how it compares to others at the track, also how that track compares to others. If I compare 5 tracks at all distances and the track being looked at has the 2nd fastest times for all distances except for being slowest of them for the dodgy one, then I start considering how it might need tightening up a bit.

Slow work. I do think this file is mostly okay though.
Dave

Thanks again for you time Dave, I get you rationale for spotting the inconsistencies. I often wish we had the accuracy of the US flat racing, still I suppose if we take the time battle through the problems of times, rail movements etc, and do our homework to get some reasonable figures on which to plan our betting strategies, we may gain an edge over other punters who rely on unreliable speed figures or ignore them altogether. That's the hope and intention for our hard work anyway😉 wishing you best of luck 🤞 🍀 kind regards, Steve from Cornwall