• Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a 20% discount on Inform Racing.
    Simply enter the coupon code ukbettingform when subscribing here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Inform Racing so help is always available if needed.
    Best Wishes
    AR
  • Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a free 7 day trial of Horseracebase here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Horseracebase so help is always available if needed, as well as dedicated section of the fourm here.
    Best Wishes
    AR

Formula One

Can anyone please tell me what is podium finish and points finish in Formula One?
Podium finish is for the first three places. Points awarded are:
1: 25
2: 18
3: 15
4: 12
5: 10
6: 8
7: 6
8: 4
9: 2
10: 1

In addition, 1 point is awarded for the fastest lap as long as the driver finishes in the top 10.

Ray

Podium finish is for the first three places. Points awarded are:
1: 25
2: 18
3: 15
4: 12
5: 10
6: 8
7: 6
8: 4
9: 2
10: 1

In addition, 1 point is awarded for the fastest lap as long as the driver finishes in the top 10.

Ray
So if one finishes outside Top 3, He doesn't achieve the podium finish?

So if one finishes outside Top 3, He doesn't achieve the podium finish?
Formula 1 has always bored me, but I could improve it no end with one simple rule .
Give the points they do in the race before the race for their qualifying positions, then make them line up on the grid in reverse qualifying positions. And give another set of points for where they finish. Some cars are laps ahead of others so it will probably end up with the same result in the end, but might be a slightly less tedious spectacle watching the advantaged cars coming from the back.

Give the points they do in the race before the race for their qualifying positions, then make them line up on the grid in reverse qualifying positions. And give another set of points for where they finish.
They've been toying with similar ideas for ages, including having a sprint race to determine the qualifying grid. But it never gets full agreement amongst the teams. The qualifying I prefer is the older one where they all had an hour to achieve their best times. Because of random blocking by other cars a surprise or two appeared in the upper part of the grid. It started off slowly, but became a bit frenetic towards the end of the hour.

Ray

Back