• Hi Guest, The forum will be moving hosts on 26 July and as such will be closed from Midday until the move has completed.
    As we will be with new hosts it may take a while before DNS get updated so it could take while before you can get back on the forum.
    I think it will take at least 4 hours but could easily be 48!
    Ark Royal
  • There seems to be a problem with some alerts not being emailed to members. I have told the hosts and they are investigating.
  • Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a 20% discount on Inform Racing.
    Simply enter the coupon code ukbettingform when subscribing here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Inform Racing so help is always available if needed.
    Best Wishes
    AR
  • Sorry for the ongoing issues that you may have been experiencing whilst using the forum lately

It really is frustrating when the forum slows down or Server Error 500 pops up.

Apparently the hosts acknowledge there is a problem.
    Thank you for using our services and sorry for the experienced delay!
    Unfortunately, these errors are due to a higher server load. Our senior department knows about the issue and they are working towards a permanent resolution of the issue, however, I'd advise you to consider using our new cPanel cloud solutions: https://www.tsohost.com/web-hosting

I will have to investigate what the differences are with what We have know compared to the alternative service they want us to migrate to.
    Keep safe.
    AR
  • Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a free 7 day trial of Horseracebase here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Horseracebase so help is always available if needed, as well as dedicated section of the fourm here.
    Best Wishes
    AR

First Half Goal @ 2.0

pete

Dam
Picking out games and then backing them on betfair in the "first half over 0.5" market. Price must reach 2.0 for the bet to match.
The bet will not be matched if there is a goal early, but generally about 20 mins in we will get our odds
Will report back at the end of each day and keep a profit/loss.

Todays games :

FHO05.jpg

Last edited:
Picking out games and then backing them on betfair in the "first half over 0.5" market.
The bet will not be matched if there is a goal early, but generally about 20 mins in we will get our odds
Will report back at the end of each day and keep a profit/loss.

Todays games :

View attachment 108680
…. nice to see another genuine effort. How did you arrive at the selections? Filters, fancy or other? Refreshing to see some football coming out! ;)

pete

Dam
How did you arrive at the selections? Filters, fancy or other?

Just working off basic stats of first half goals scored in prevous games / meetings , league they are playing in etc ..

First day was poor :

FHO052.jpg

two wins, four losses and 5 games "not matched" (goal before odds were available)

This may not work and it may morph into something else, the odds may get tweaked, will see where it goes.

Just working off basic stats of first half goals scored in prevous games / meetings , league they are playing in etc ..

First day was poor :

View attachment 108694

two wins, four losses and 5 games "not matched" (goal before odds were available)

This may not work and it may morph into something else, the odds may get tweaked, will see where it goes.
...... have you tried ..... The Stats Don't Lie site? Attached is the top ten leagues for first half goals.;) ...... enjoy!

Attachments

• 2021-11-26_201941.png
    2021-11-26_201941.png
    18.8 KB · Views: 10

pete

Dam
well, the first few games that I was able to play today had a goal too early .. so my stakes were returned.

The over 1.5 was interesting again.

2896.jpg

23 selections - 28.96 returned for a profit on the day of 5.96pts,
a two day profit would have been 8.21 on the selections.

Thanks that make you go hmnn.

pete

Dam
Little bit more profit, have just noticed that the odds displayed on results page are the "final odds" at kick-off so are slightly different than those posted the night beore, but generally its only a couple of pips either way so am keeping it this way so its easier for me to work out profit/loss. You can normally get a little extra on betfair than is shown on odds portal site.

fs15292.jpg

Outlay - 6 points
Return - 7.59
Profit 1.59 points.

overall - 4 days.

59 bets 25 won - 10.07 profit.
It still feels wrong to me, I don't think it makes long term profit as-is.
I'd be happy to be proven wrong.

I played a few of these matches yesterday on the BF exchange. To get the best price for the straight O1.5 you need to bet just before the off as a lot of these matches have very little liquidity. Betting under a book percentage of 102% is desirable.
If you dared to wait a couple of minutes into the play the odds seemed to move a fair bit higher, as much as +0.25 in some cases. Leaving it any later you, of course, risk a goal.
Betting football is such a tight margin affair to eke a profit from. Good luck.