• Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a free 7 day trial of Horseracebase here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Horseracebase so help is always available if needed, as well as dedicated section of the fourm here.
    Best Wishes
    AR

CORONAVIRUS COVID-19

People haven’t been taking this seriously , anyone who listened to the Italian Doctors account on the news last night, it was haunting , describing Nurses inconsolable having to chose which patients to give up on, the description of the ventilators being like gold dust , it obvious this is what we have to look forward too, people left devastated on passing on a death sentence to their elderly relatives. Looking at the stats every day only Singapore seem to have any kind of handle on it. We let in people willy nilly from Italy when it was clear there was a big problem there , didn’t even bother trying to contain it. In 3 weeks this country will be in the same situation as Italy them maybe they will give a shit but it will be too little too late. My step son had a holiday booked for Milan on the 26th of March up until 3 days ago the government thought it was hunky dory for him to continue with the trip, he’s staying with us at the moment because he just sold his place and buying a new place , 2 or 3 weeks ago I told him if he was going to go he wasn’t coming back here and his boss at work told him if he went not to come back to work for 2 weeks after he got back, it took the government more than 2 weeks more to be at the same level of concern, they are miles behind what they should be doing.

People haven’t been taking this seriously , anyone who listened to the Italian Doctors account on the news last night, it was haunting , describing Nurses inconsolable having to chose which patients to give up on, the description of the ventilators being like gold dust , it obvious this is what we have to look forward too, people left devastated on passing on a death sentence to their elderly relatives. Looking at the stats every day only Singapore seem to have any kind of handle on it. We let in people willy nilly from Italy when it was clear there was a big problem there , didn’t even bother trying to contain it. In 3 weeks this country will be in the same situation as Italy them maybe they will give a shit but it will be too little too late. My step son had a holiday booked for Milan on the 26th of March up until 3 days ago the government thought it was hunky dory for him to continue with the trip, he’s staying with us at the moment because he just sold his place and buying a new place , 2 or 3 weeks ago I told him if he was going to go he wasn’t coming back here and his boss at work told him if he went not to come back to work for 2 weeks after he got back, it took the government more than 2 weeks more to be at the same level of concern, they are miles behind what they should be doing.
Exactly O Outlander , thousands of milan fans are in liverpool tonight yet that city is in virtual lockdown.
Like you say health workers in italy having to help those that can survive and leave those who are unlikely to survive left to die, look at dominic raab today absolutely disgraceful that he was sat there coughing.

I was thinking back to 2008 , I was taking my then 3 yo son to nursery and at the time was reasonably fit as I cycled a lot, I felt like I was going to die and when I got to the nursery I couldn’t climb the stairs, I made it home had a shower and noticed my heart jumping out of my chest, I phoned the wife up and she took me to the Doctors and he did some checks and told me their was a problem with my heart and to go to A+E and give them a letter explaining I need to be dealt with quickly, I waited 3 hours in A+E then I was put on a bed in a side room, for another 2 hours they sent in nearly the whole staff to marvel at how I was laying there with my heart beating at 230 beats a minute and all of them came and went until somebody finally gave me some kind of beta blocker and it corrected my heart, the whole episode of atrial fibrillation was bought on my a virus, I never had it before or since. 6 hours of marvelling that I was so responsive with my heart jumping out of my chest , that’s when it’s a normal afternoon in the middle of the week with nothing putting any extra pressure on the NHS, imagine if this virus has the same affect on someone when they are actually a little bit busy dealing with a pandemic , you would literally have no fckg chance at all. There are people on trolleys in corridors when there is nothing going on, it will be like hell on earth and it’s not like we are like the Chinese and can knock up a few Super Hospitals in the space a week, we would be shit out of luck.

Exactly O Outlander , thousands of milan fans are in liverpool tonight yet that city is in virtual lockdown.
Like you say health workers in italy having to help those that can survive and leave those who are unlikely to survive left to die, look at dominic raab today absolutely disgraceful that he was sat there coughing.
Sorry to be pedantic but the fans were from Madrid which isn’t in lockdown

If containment is part of the answer they should have closed schools 2 weeks ago - cheltenham and big crowd events should have been postponed . Going to be difficult , do you catch it and gain immunity or dodge it till next year . The authorities are delaying in the hope that when it starts properly the NHS will have cleared the decks and be ready / readier for the flood.

Last edited:
Hats off to you Larry Larry for spotting that but i did say "virtual lockdown", also it's worth noting that madrid has closed schools, banned events over a thousand and unfortunately had 31 deaths from over a 1000s cases.
I'm guessing there are many of us on here over 60 and perhaps with a few relevant health problems.

As of yet not one person has died directly of coronavirus at least not in mainland Europe. Carry on washing your hands and take plenty of deep breaths of fresh air it will do you the world of good.

Maybe it is a conspiracy by Amazon to shut down small business.

Who remembers, China had a corona virus outbreak in 2003, then there was the sars virus, the one that really hit the human population was the spanish flu in 1918. 50 million people were estimated to have died.

Arkle

Correct at the time of writing Larry Larry but not for long
Apparently Madrid is soon to be in Lockdown and Real Madrid have had a positive in their camp, meanwhile UK welcomes 3000 fans from Madrid in one of its major cities to watch a football game , spreading whatever they have with the locals in the bars and restaurants, total dumbfucks in this country like watching the Chuckle Brothers starring in a Carry On film.

The main bloke in America says this is ten times worse than flu,

T tacker, i take it that you have never had a serious case of the flu where you are laid up for weeks just wanting to close your eyes and knowing you just have to rest up and wait.

Nobody will die from actual flu, t

Of course you can die from the flu if it is serious enough case.

The main bloke in America says this is ten times worse than flu, they can't all be wrong.

They can't all be right either.

You have to listen carefully to those that scaremonger for a living they jump from actual whole numbers to percentages with no actual comparison that bares witness to facts

If you want to stop travel from Europe why not the UK, why leave a path open.

Arkle

Arkle
[/QUOTE]
If you mean the EU to UK to US path , this is not open it is closed to anyone who has been in Mainland Europe in the last 14 days no matter where they fly from

T tacker, i take it that you have never had a serious case of the flu where you are laid up for weeks just wanting to close your eyes and knowing you just have to rest up and wait.

Of course you can die from the flu if it is serious enough case.

They can't all be right either.

You have to listen carefully to those that scaremonger for a living they jump from actual whole numbers to percentages with no actual comparison that bares witness to facts

Arkle
Yeah! I have had flu once, horrible but people with flu sometime develop pneumonia or sepsis or heart failure that's why this new virus is so dangerous. The fact that you are using a word like "scaremonger" suggests to me that you havent yet listened to the experts it italy who are living with this crisis, 200 died in the last 24 hours but help is coming via china.

that you havent yet listened to the experts

Who are they are if it's not you? and why do you use Italy as a comparison when no one has fully explained how it jumped from China to Italy and that is if it did happen that way. It is your choice to believe everything the media says is true.

Arkle

Why would punters on Betfair know whether racing goes ahead or not unless theres loads of cabinet ministers trying to top up their meagre income
Sorry should have said aintree, but the answer to your question is they don't...thats why their betting on it.

Might be a shortage of flies but more likely in response to irish racing's decision to race without people attending.

Back