• Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a free 7 day trial of Horseracebase here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Horseracebase so help is always available if needed, as well as dedicated section of the fourm here.
    Best Wishes
    AR

Championship

Did not want to clog the Premier thread up
From the numerous tips etc I picked Birmingham ew at 18/1 to win the Championship with +20 pts in the handicap. This seems like decent value and I think the team will do better than last season. But what do I know!
Sheffield Wednesday are hotly tipped for relegation, but I am still not convinced that it is a good bet. Did not back this one.

Any comments on these welcome!

Love the championship and it’s contrasts with the top flight, a relentless week day / week end / week day / week end programme. Large fit squads a must to be successful in this league. No real surprise to see last years relegated teams from the prem currently occupying the top spots even with all three having jettisoned some quality players as the cost cutting has been required. Younger inexperienced but talented players often look less effective in this league - ref Cantwell, Sarr and Pedro as examples. The approach and timetable makes it doubly difficult for these to shine as brightly. Often mentioned that anyone can beat anyone and I would agree, gloriously unpredictable and never more so than this season with currently a clutch of clubs all vying for the pot of untold riches available at the end of the season. Unpredictability means opportunity if one is able to read this right. On a personal level I like the opportunity of putting together a four fixture acca of either btts or over 2.5 gpg across the championship L1 and L2 usually produces c 9 or 10/1 returns.

My acca today
Stoke/Blackburn (over 2.5 goals)
Plymouth/ MKD (over 2.5 goals)
Bolton/ Tranmere (over 2.5 goals)
Bradford / Cambridge (over 2.5 goals)
12.93/1

Back