• Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a free 7 day trial of Horseracebase here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Horseracebase so help is always available if needed, as well as dedicated section of the fourm here.
    Best Wishes
    AR

Canny Danny

Lifetime form of Canny Danny below.
 

Attachments

  • CannyDannyform10.pdf
    290.1 KB · Views: 16
  • CannyDannyform9.pdf
    295.9 KB · Views: 5
  • CannyDannyform8.pdf
    307.4 KB · Views: 3
  • CannyDannyform7.pdf
    305.2 KB · Views: 3
  • CannyDannyform6.pdf
    318.2 KB · Views: 3
  • CannyDannyform5.pdf
    299.2 KB · Views: 4
  • CannyDannyform4.pdf
    291.9 KB · Views: 5
  • Cannydannyform3.pdf
    305 KB · Views: 5
  • Cannydannyform2.pdf
    314.9 KB · Views: 5
  • CannyDannyform1.pdf
    266.4 KB · Views: 5
Canny cont'd
 

Attachments

  • CannyDannyform18.pdf
    354.6 KB · Views: 4
  • CannyDannyform17.pdf
    352.5 KB · Views: 3
  • CannyDannyform16.pdf
    348.7 KB · Views: 3
  • CannyDannyform15A.pdf
    360.7 KB · Views: 3
  • CannyDannyform15.pdf
    358.1 KB · Views: 3
  • CannyDannyform14.pdf
    347.3 KB · Views: 3
  • CannyDannyform13A.pdf
    379.3 KB · Views: 3
  • CannyDannyform13.pdf
    377.8 KB · Views: 3
  • CannyDannyform12.pdf
    371.2 KB · Views: 3
  • CannyDannyform11A.pdf
    363.4 KB · Views: 3
Final Canny Danny,
 

Attachments

  • CannyDannyform24A.pdf
    299.4 KB · Views: 5
  • CannyDannyform24.pdf
    287 KB · Views: 4
  • CannyDannyform23A.pdf
    296.4 KB · Views: 3
  • CannyDannyform23.pdf
    290.8 KB · Views: 3
  • CannyDannyform22.pdf
    293.6 KB · Views: 3
  • CannyDannyform21.pdf
    280.9 KB · Views: 3
  • CannyDannyform20.pdf
    297.9 KB · Views: 3
  • CannyDannyform19.pdf
    307.5 KB · Views: 3
  • CannyDannyform18A.pdf
    354.2 KB · Views: 4
I promise I’m not being rude but what is the interest in the lifetime record of a horse that won the Grand National 33 years ago.
If I watch Raging Bull i doubt it’ll help me direct a film that’ll just miss out on an Oscar , so how will West Tips career record help me pick the winner of this years King George someone please enlighten me
 
I promise I’m not being rude but what is the interest in the lifetime record of a horse that won the Grand National 33 years ago.
If I watch Raging Bull i doubt it’ll help me direct a film that’ll just miss out on an Oscar , so how will West Tips career record help me pick the winner of this years King George someone please enlighten me
I think it was the best example of when not to back the Class/ Form Horse. Canny Danny was the Class /Form horse but was not well in this particular Handicap, West Tip was . VDW used this to explain why the Class/Form Horse will not win.

Most the VDW’ers that I read are hopeless at knowing when a horse is not well in and when it is well in

With regards to West Tip I had a Ante post on him with his first attempt at the Grand National and a few others were in with me on him. Unfortunately he got his legs knocked from under him by another horse. The following year he won.

Like you Larry I don’t understand why the obsession with these old races, much better to concentrate on future ones.
 
I think some people like to work through the old examples.

Like you Chesham I backed West tip in the national that he didn't complete, the following year my dad backed him, but I didn't i backed Mr/young snugfit Terry Ramsdens horse I fell for all the hype (n)
 
I think some people like to work through the old examples.

Like you Chesham I backed West tip in the national that he didn't complete, the following year my dad backed him, but I didn't i backed Mr/young snugfit Terry Ramsdens horse I fell for all the hype (n)
I think the Canny Danny Race has been covered many times on many threads on this Forum alone. I even explained it on the Blog, along with the Wing And A Prayer Example, using the Sporting Life Data .

I see that the VDW Blog is very quiet, which is always going to be an inevitable problem when there is only one theme to discuss.
 
West Tip lifetime form up until he met Canny Danny.
 

Attachments

  • WestTipform8.pdf
    299.7 KB · Views: 3
  • WestTipform7.pdf
    303.3 KB · Views: 3
  • WestTipform6.pdf
    308.8 KB · Views: 3
  • WestTipform5.pdf
    294.7 KB · Views: 3
  • WestTipform4.pdf
    298.7 KB · Views: 3
  • WestTipform3.pdf
    316.6 KB · Views: 3
  • WestTipform2.pdf
    321.2 KB · Views: 3
  • WestTipform1.pdf
    301.5 KB · Views: 3
More.
 

Attachments

  • WestTipform15.pdf
    358.1 KB · Views: 3
  • WestTipform14.pdf
    260.9 KB · Views: 3
  • WestTipform13.pdf
    281.7 KB · Views: 3
  • WestTipform12.pdf
    277.3 KB · Views: 4
  • WestTipform12A.pdf
    284.5 KB · Views: 3
  • WestTipform11.pdf
    283.8 KB · Views: 4
  • WestTipform10.pdf
    310.8 KB · Views: 3
  • WestTipform9.pdf
    288.9 KB · Views: 3
Finally.
 

Attachments

  • WestTipform22.pdf
    342.1 KB · Views: 4
  • WestTipform21.pdf
    354.4 KB · Views: 4
  • WestTipform21A.pdf
    345.1 KB · Views: 3
  • WestTipform20A.pdf
    349.8 KB · Views: 3
  • WestTipform20.pdf
    363.8 KB · Views: 6
  • WestTipform19.pdf
    354.3 KB · Views: 4
  • WestTipform18.pdf
    369.2 KB · Views: 3
  • WestTipform17.pdf
    372.7 KB · Views: 3
  • WestTipform16.pdf
    371.1 KB · Views: 4
Hi Guy's,
I've posted this form to help any of you out there that don't have the form books. As it happens I have some old form books that I no longer require. If anyone out there wants some of them or all of them, they can have them for free, if they are prepared to pay the postage. I have the following Haig Races and Racehorses Annuals.

Flat Editions 83-87 and 89. 6 annuals in all.
NH Editions 79, 80/81, 83/84, 87/88 and 88/89. 5 annuals in all.

Regards
Nellsman.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top