• Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a free 7 day trial of Horseracebase here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Horseracebase so help is always available if needed, as well as dedicated section of the fourm here.
    Best Wishes
    AR

Boxing

Saturday 20th April - Devin Haney v Ryan Garcia

Looking forward to this as its good to see to young fighters going for it rather than opting for the easier options that are out there .. Haney (31 Fights - 31 Wins (15 KOs)) is one of the most talented and disciplined boxers out there i think , sure his style isnt to everyones style as hes not a hard hitter particularly , hes not exciting to watch and he relies on his skills , of which he has plenty it has to be said. Whilst Garcia (25 Fights - 24 Wins (20 KOs) - 1 Loss) is naturally talented and a big puncher as is evident by his record of 20 KOs from 25 Fights , but the one time he stepped it up to elite level he came up woefully short in his penultimate fight against Gervonta Davis who stopped him in the seventh round. The one thing he does have is speed and hes very fast and accurate with his renowned left hook but given how Haney boxes im not sure that hes gonna be able to land too many of those if im being honest. Haney is more defensively minded imho which is why alot of people dont like watching him and accuse him of being boring etc .. but for me its the skillset , he can outbox opponents without upping his gears and his ringmanship is spot on , hes very fluid and when the opportunity presents itself he will go on the offensive. They have met six times in the amateurs with the result being three wins apiece but now in the pros its gonna be alot different i think , and i see Haney coming out on top. For me hes the consummate professional and his skillset is levels above Garcias for me , although obviously Garcia has the punchers chance , Garcia seems to me to be more of a social influencer (or whatever the hell they call them) on the internet with millions of fans , and whilst hes a decent enough boxer (who doesnt duck anyone it has to be said) i think he falls short of world class and , as with the Tank Davis fight , i think we're gonna see that come fight night. Haney has the better resume with the scalps of Jorge Linares , George Kombosis Jr (twice) , Vasily Lomachenko and Regis Prograis .. the way he dominated and completely shut out Prograis was something i have to say , and after the fight Prograis said he was alot better than he thought and he hit harder than he thought he would , praise indeed. After the Davis fight Garcia came out and KO'd Oscar Duarte in the eighth round , and whilst he looked good in doing so tbh hes gonna have to up his game considerably to trouble Haney imho , as i say hes razor sharp with his ring IQ and has excellent footwork and positioning .. aside from a lucky punch (which could happen of course) i just cant see Garcia winning. I see Haney walking away as still the undefeated WBC Super Lightweight Champion , and if im being honest i could possibly see Haney breaking Garcia down and eventually stopping him in the latter half of the fight but im not 100% about that.

Davin Haney To Win

Ryan Garcia Wins .. By Majority Decision

2024 RUNNING TOTAL

Ortiz Jr v Lawson .. Ortiz To Win .. By Stoppage .. :handgestures-thumbup: Ortiz Jr Wins .. By Stoppage
Davies v Barroso .. Davies To Win .. (---) .. :( Barroso Wins .. (By Stoppage)
Beterbiev v Smith .. Beterbiev To Win .. (---) .. :handgestures-thumbup: Beterbiev Wins .. (By Stoppage)
Chelli v Cullinan ... Chelli To Win .. (---) .. :handgestures-thumbup: Chelli Wins .. (By Decision)
Jonas v Mayer .. Jonas To Win .. (---) .. :handgestures-thumbup: Jonas Wins .. (By Decision)
Munguia v Ryder .. Munguia To Win .. (---) .. :handgestures-thumbup: Munguia Wins .. (By Stoppage)
Dubois v Reyes .. Dubois To Win .. (---) ..:handgestures-thumbup: Dubois Wins .. (By Decision)
Aziz v Poulson .. Aziz To Win .. (---) .. :handgestures-thumbup: Aziz Wins .. (By Stoppage)
Buatsi v Azeez .. Azeez To Win .. (---) .. :( Buatsi Wins .. (By Decision)
Lopez v Ortiz .. Lopez To Win .. (---) .. :handgestures-thumbup: Lopez Wins .. (By Decision)
Yarde v Nikolic .. Yarde To Win .. By Stoppage .. :handgestures-thumbup: Yarde Wins .. By Stoppage
Sheeraz v Williams .. Sheeraz To Win ... By Stoppage (Rd 6 onwards) .. :handgestures-thumbup: Sheeraz Wins .. By Stoppage (Rd 1)
Berlanga v McCrory .. Berlanga To Win .. By Stoppage (Rds 4-8) .. :handgestures-thumbup: Berlanga Wins .. By Stoppage .. Round 6
Baraou v Eggington .. Eggington To Win .. (---) :( Baraou Wins .. (By Decision)
Vargas v Ball .. Ball To Win .. (---) .. :( Draw
Zhang v Parker .. Zhang To Win .. By Stoppage .. :( Parker Wins .. By Decision
Joshua v Ngannou .. Joshua To Win .. (---) :handgestures-thumbup: Joshua Wins ... By Knockout
Joyce v Ali .. Joyce To Win .. By Stoppage .. :handgestures-thumbup: Joyce Wins .. By Stoppage
Zepeda v Hughes .. Zepeda To Win .. (---) .. :handgestures-thumbup: Zepeda Wins .. (By Stoppage)
Ryan v Harper .. Ryan To Win .. (---) .. :handgestures-thumbup: Ryan Wins .. (By Stoppage)
Smith v Zepeda .. Smith To Win .. By Stoppage (Rounds 8-10) .. :handgestures-thumbup: Smith Wins ... By Stoppage (Round 5)
Estrada v Valle .. Estrada To Win .. (---) .. :handgestures-thumbup: Estrada Wins .. (By Decision)
Lara v Zerafa .. Lara To Win .. (---) .. :handgestures-thumbup: Lara Wins .. (By Stoppage)
Romero v Cruz .. Cruz To Win .. (---) .. :handgestures-thumbup: Cruz Wins .. (ByTKO)
Tszyu v Fundora .. Tszyu To Win .. (---) .. :( Fundora Wins ..(By Decision)
Wardley v Clarke .. Wardley To Win .. By Stoppage ... :( Draw
Haney v Garcia .. Haney To Win .. (---) .. :( Garcia Wins .. (By Decision)

Back