• Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a free 7 day trial of Horseracebase here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Horseracebase so help is always available if needed, as well as dedicated section of the fourm here.
    Best Wishes
    AR

A prickly rating idea!

Hello Smithy Smithy ,

I've gone for ocean cove in that race. I've given some reasoning on the common race thread.

Have you tried to winnow down your 3?

Good luck today
 
Hi hedgehog hedgehog

No I haven't narrowed anything down yet just trying to test the rating alone. a couple of poor days but as you eluded to today in your summing up of the race the only one from the list looking in anyway worth a second glance was Ocean Cove as the other two had too many negatives.

Anyway tomorrow is another day!

Keep smiling
Smithy
 
Evening all,

Tomorrows race I've looked at is the

5.15 Newcastle.

360 Straight Right 9/4
339 Battered 13/2
320 Gallipoli 13/2

Now just a glance into the form
Straight Right - is in form but is high in the OR and as a consequence is a little bit of a niggle.
Battered - Has to overcome a long layoff was progressive in 2017 if its wound up for tomorrow could be interesting. One to keep an eye on for market support. (13/2 from 15/2 at the moment)
Gallipoli - Has run well from this OR without winning but ran on well to win last time should not be far away again (96 days ago).

The three shortlisted runners all have cases to be made for them so this would be a bet on all runners.

Keep Smiling
Smithy
 
Last edited:
Morning All,

Well after a good start this week has been very poor, I've looked at 2 races today from Cheltenham.

1.50 Cheltenham
553 Activial 9/1
539 Janika 7/2
529 War Sound 14/1

4.10 Cheltenham
476 Chti Balko 28/1
435 Nelsons Touch 10/1
372 Equus Amadeus 13/2
372 Our Merlin 8/1

Keep smiling
Smithy
 
Evening all,

Well after another poor day just the one race appeals tomorrow.

2.40 Sedgefield

358 Ravenhill Road
343 Charmant
339 Manwell

Now a little delving into the form has turned me off Ravenhill Road

Ravenhill Road - has burst bloodvessels in the past, raced the previous day is 1/1 at Sedgefield: 3/7 at the distance: 1/2 on the going: 0/1 class 3
Charmant - Stayed on strongly to win last time and won by 9l is up 3lb in weight: 2/2 at Sedgefield: 4/14 at the distance: 0/2 on the going: 1/1 class 3
Manwell - Shaken up to win readily last time by 2.5l but is dropped in weight by 10lb: 0/1 at Sedgefield:1/8 at the distance:0/5 on the going:0/0 class 3

Charmant is an obvious favourite and the danger would appear to be Manwell. They are my selections in this race.

Keep Smiling
Smithy
 
Hi hedgehog hedgehog

Don’t worry I haven’t given up, had to stay in hospital a couple of nights and so my access was extremely limited. But out again now and all is well so I will be picking this back up hopefully tonight for tomorrow’s racing.

Thanks guys
Smithy
 
I also hope you're feeling better Smithy Smithy. Glad to hear you'll be picking up your ratings tonight or tomorrow, I'm sure they will be profitable. Get well soon

Good luck tomorrow
 
Evening all,

Thanks hedgehog hedgehog, ArkRoyal ArkRoyal yes I am fine now. Just had to have a few tests and a procedure but it all went well I'm pleased to say and I'm now getting back to full strength.

Anyway not the best cards tomorrow to resume. Having said that let me start to look at the race I've looked at...

3.25 Lingfield
376 Spark Plug
336 Stargazer

Now this race is a no go for me, let me explain....

Spark Plug is
0/1 at Lingfield
0/0 at distance
0/1 on going
0/1 in January
0/1 with jockey
2/3 in Class 2

Stargazer is
0/0 at Lingfield
1/5 at distance
1/5 on going
0/1 in January
0/1 with jockey
1/11 in class 2

Now using the stats above neither horse can be backed with confidence the best profiles would be Watersmeet that would be the main selection and Lord George is the saver. That said the thread is about the rating and so this is a no race for me.

Keep Smiling
Smithy
 
Evening all,

Well that was a race to swerve, as the result showed!

Onto tomorrow and the race I've looked at is the 3.20 Chelmsford

My top 3 ratings are
218 Captain Lars 9/4
217 Foxy Forever 13/2
204 Green Door 8/1
204 Boom the Groom 7/2

Now lets look a little closer at the stats
Captain Lars - Good C+D record acts on the going, won this time of year, won with today's jockey the only negative is its record in C3 where its 0/16
Foxy Forever - Won C+D and going. Hasn't run in February before. Excellent jockey record 4/9 and has won 1/11 in C3
Green Door - Never run at the course, good record at the D and won on the going. Never won in February; 0/5 with jockey has won 1/7 in C3
Boom the Groom - 0/4 at the course, good record at D and going; good record in February; never ridden by jockey; 1/9 in C3

Now I'm shortlisting Captain Lars and Foxy Forever in my eyes both are reasonably in form and solid enough profiles the niggle is that 0/16 for Captain Lars but they are worth a chance in my eyes. The danger outside the selections is Dynamo Walt a solid profile but not quite making the rating shortlist.

Keep Smiling
Smithy
 
Afternoon all,

Well another blank day for me but a decent run from Dynamo Walt the highlighted danger so I take a little comfort from that!!

Onto today

2.45 Southwell

Now my ratings have the top runners as

280 Ornate 2/1
266 Moonraker
254 Foolaad 4/1
245 Midnight Malibu 9/2

Of these the ones I will play today are
Ornate; Foolaad; Midnight Malibu

Sorry guys haven't got time to post reasons why but I've been looking at the OR in a slightly different way.

Keep Smiling
Smithy
 
Back
Top