• Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a free 7 day trial of Horseracebase here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Horseracebase so help is always available if needed, as well as dedicated section of the fourm here.
    Best Wishes
    AR

A prickly rating idea!

Smithy

Yearling
Hi Everyone,

Hedgehogs rating idea in his excellent thread OR+RPR-CR is becoming more and more of interest to me so I decided a little tweak to see if its possible to improve the rating at all but using similar principles.

For this rating, I have kept the basic OR+RPR rating as the basis to work from and to get the class aspect I have used the old Marchwood sliding scale for class. Then instead of Consistency Rating, I have used lengths beaten to deduct or add if won by xx lengths.

I've used the 1.20 Fontwell as a test

320 Not never
262 Wind place and sho
262 Bang On
257 My brother

Hopefully, this is a tweak to build on Hedgehogs excellent rating idea.

Stay lucky
Smithy
 
Hello Smithy Smithy,

I think this is a great idea and your rating gave top rated 1st and jt 2nd top rated 2nd for the forecast. I'm much impressed by that. I really hope you continue with this thread as I see this idea as very good and worthy of pursuing. I think you've got yourself a winning rating there. Well done for the forecast and idea.

Good luck today
 
Hello Ferdy Ferdy, if the results continue like the start I'd fully expect entry to the IS if not the blog. Anyone on the OS can do this and gain access to the rewards of contributing. I know you don't like this separation but the newbies should realise they are missing out by not contributing. The OS is good and I enjoy your ratings and wisdom but others feel that their hard won edges shouldn't be on an open forum and to be honest I don't blame them.

Hopefully from tomorrow I'll be back to normal with my threads and I hope you will comment on my ratings as I enjoy your input.

Good luck tomorrow
 
Hello Ferdy Ferdy, if the results continue like the start I'd fully expect entry to the IS if not the blog. Anyone on the OS can do this and gain access to the rewards of contributing. I know you don't like this separation but the newbies should realise they are missing out by not contributing. The OS is good and I enjoy your ratings and wisdom but others feel that their hard won edges shouldn't be on an open forum and to be honest I don't blame them.

Hopefully from tomorrow I'll be back to normal with my threads and I hope you will comment on my ratings as I enjoy your input.

Good luck tomorrow


Well done Smithy Smithy good start
 
Evening all,

Thanks for the encouragement everyone.

Tomorrow I’ve looked at 2:50 Newcastle.

178 dark ruler 10/1
152 murchison river 15/8
147 imperial focus 4/1

Stay Lucky
Smithy
 
Evening everyone,

No good from today's race, only managing a second place.

Onto tomorrow

3.10 Plumpton
287 Uhlan Bute 3/1
272 Kilfinichan Bay 6/1
248 Dylanseoghan8/1

7.00 Kempton
285 Eljaddaaf 10/3
258 Happy Escape 7/2
252 Roman Spinner 9/2

Stay Lucky
Smithy
 
Hello Smithy Smithy ,

You got the winner of the 6.45 kempton on my thread so I'd say your doing pretty good. 1 race can go anyway but I think you'll show a nice profit in the long run.

Good luck tomorrow
 
Evening All,

Thanks for the encouragement hedgehog hedgehog.

Onto tomorrow

2.05 Market Rasen
316 Ontopoftheworld 11/4
295 Value at risk 6/1
288 Virnon 10/3

2.25 Wincanton
376 Wandrin Star 4/1
368 Gunfleet 9/4
335 Garrane 9/2

I did also look at the 2.15 Ludlow but it threw up Truckers Highway 4/1 but then Gortroe Joe which is only 13/8 and whoshotwho 15/8 so at the prices not worth risking a bet!!

Stay Lucky
Smithy
 
Afternoon all

One nice winner at 7/1 yesterday and one race lost.

Onto todays
2:30 lingfield
345 giogiobbo
301 teruntum star
298 gorgeous noora

Stay lucky
Smithy
 
Afternoon all,

A winner yesterday but at 7/4 a slight loss on the race.

Sorry guys haven’t had a chance today to do the races so rather than just post something I will leave the day blank.

Back for tomorrow’s racing

Stay lucky
Smithy
 
Morning all,

hedgehog hedgehog yes the week ended quite well really 6 races and 5 winners 21 bets and a profit of 9.25 with a strike rate of 83.33% and a yield of 44.05% thats without the forecast and tricast!!

prickly rating week1.png
 
Evening All,

Losing day today so onto tomorrow...

2.40 Warwick
326 Sir Will 7/1
312 Unblinking 9/2
302 Ocean Cove 4/1

Stay Lucky
Smithy
 
Back
Top