• Hi Guest, The forum will be moving hosts on 26 July and as such will be closed from Midday until the move has completed.
    As we will be with new hosts it may take a while before DNS get updated so it could take while before you can get back on the forum.
    I think it will take at least 4 hours but could easily be 48!
    Ark Royal
  • There seems to be a problem with some alerts not being emailed to members. I have told the hosts and they are investigating.
  • Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a 20% discount on Inform Racing.
    Simply enter the coupon code ukbettingform when subscribing here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Inform Racing so help is always available if needed.
    Best Wishes
    AR
  • Sorry for the ongoing issues that you may have been experiencing whilst using the forum lately

It really is frustrating when the forum slows down or Server Error 500 pops up.

Apparently the hosts acknowledge there is a problem.
    Thank you for using our services and sorry for the experienced delay!
    Unfortunately, these errors are due to a higher server load. Our senior department knows about the issue and they are working towards a permanent resolution of the issue, however, I'd advise you to consider using our new cPanel cloud solutions: https://www.tsohost.com/web-hosting

I will have to investigate what the differences are with what We have know compared to the alternative service they want us to migrate to.
    Keep safe.
    AR

5 Day Returners

TonCon

Filly
Hi all,

Going to resurrect a simple Flat system from the old Punter Profits site which has in the past generated a reasonable long term profit of about 16% ROI with a strike rate slightly in excess of 21%.

The rules/justification are as follows :-

1. UK and Ireland Flat TURF races only - no AW

2. Must be returning to the track within 5 days of it's last run

3. Last run must have been on turf, not the AW

4. The horse must have finished in the first six places on both of it's last two starts

The reasoning behind the system takes into account that a 5 day turnaround would seem a reasonable indicator of the horse's fitness and wellbeing plus being trained to peak at that time.

AW form doesn't always transfer well to turf.

By at least finishing 6th in it's last two races it shows that those runs were at least semi-credible.

Been a long time since I followed this so the figures above may not hold up this time. We shall see.

Sorry, forgot to say that all returns will be at BSP. Start tomorrow.

Last edited:

runnerjp

Colt
Hi T TonCon ,

Good luck with these ... I ran the stats for them and it does look promising!

Bit of a slow start this year thought :)

1620832638019.png

Attachments

• 1620832607406.png
    1620832607406.png
    5 KB · Views: 5

TonCon

Filly
Yeah, good point, I think that it was supposed to run from June to Sept. but I couldn't remember.

Might be wise to leave it until 1st June to start ?

TonCon

Filly
Had a look and does not seem to make a difference

View attachment 100335

Looks solid enough bit did go through a big losing run!
View attachment 100337you could take out horses the won LTO as i think maybe the market "expects" that to happen hence the RIO and low A/W and CHI
Good spot - I think thats an excellent idea.
Is it possible to run the numbers using the 2nd to 6th LTO to see what the LLR would then be ?

Also, I seem to remember that the Irish results weren't great and I was considering droping them.

TonCon

Filly
Going by the superb info. provided by runnerjp I make it two qualifiers today -

18.40 New'm. - Mukha Magic

19.50 New'm. - Basilicata

TonCon

Filly
Thank you newcomer. I've had an email from an old mate who was involved in the original system set-up. He tells me that while the original was mostly profitable there were several updates which reduced the number of bets and upped the profit.

He reckons that by restricting bets to 12/1 (or 10/1 - he couldn't remember which) and under, ignoring all Irish racing and sticking to H/C's the profit went up, number of bets went down and the LLR's were 'managable'.

Unfortunately, this is all anecdotal as he's not got access to his records anymore.

Is there any way, and if you wouldn't mind, of checking using the following criteria :-

Days 1-5
Form 2-6 (last two runs under 6th, last run must be on turf)
SP/BSP under 12/1
No Irish or AW
Both H/C and non-H/C races

Appreciate that it's a lot of work and will understand if don't care to.

Many thanks.

newcomer

Filly
Interestingly, go solely OVER 12/1... and it's an excellent return! But clearly very, very volatile and I'd not be wanting that strike rate. But it looks like there are some big winners to be found in horses that only previously ran in the last few days.
Screenshot_20210513-223156.png

TonCon

Filly
After giving it some thought I'm going to go with the original rules but amended as below -

1. Drop all qualifiers who won LTO
2. Ignore all Irish races

This means there is no restrictiion on price, race conditions etc.

Today there's one.

19.45 Hamilton - Captain Jameson

TonCon

Filly
After giving it some thought I'm going to go with the original rules but amended as below -

1. Drop all qualifiers who won LTO
2. Ignore all Irish races

This means there is no restrictiion on price, race conditions etc.

Today there's one.

19.45 Hamilton - Captain Jameson...L 5.9